Page 4 of 6 [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

phil777
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2009, 3:41 pm

So, they destroyed a building and you want to kill their whole population for that? Nice going Ruveyn, holes are meant to be filled, y'know. ~­.~

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2009, 4:51 pm

Master_Pedant wrote:

I never would have guessed why there is such popular and governmental anti-Saudi sentiment in the US, nor why there are so many vociferous calls to restrict internal migration from Arizona. Thanks for the clarity, not that such overarching regional prejudices would be ethically justified, just that you helped explain them much more clearly to me.

Anti Muslim more than anti Arab. Most Muslims are NOT Arabs.

ruveyn

LePetitPrince
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2009, 5:12 pm

M_LibertyGirl wrote:
The ignorance! 8O :(

BTW who said the protests have stopped? Overthrowing a brutal regime is not something that can be achieved in mere days, assuming it's not done by a stronger military force of course.

Just to point out a few things: Most people in rural Iran-who btw only make up like less than %30 of the population-aren't actually pro the current regime. Many of them either have no access to the info about what is happening in the larger cities and what the government is doing to our country, or if they do, they cannot protest since everyone knows everyone in such places and they are much easier targets for the government to crack down. the actual estimated number of people that came to the demonstration on Monday through Thursday last week was about 3 million and if permission had been granted by the government, there would have been many more. The only reason the numbers of protesters on the streets have gone down this week is because they're beating and shooting people like crazy and they don't let crowds to form. People are trying to regroup and find other ways to fight against them peacefully. Many are afraid and not ready to die since they have little hope of winning, thanks to knowledge that this regime is willing to kill the last one of us before giving up the power. Most of those that are killing people aren't even actual basijis or Sepah, they're savage thugs that are being paid and fed daily by the government to commit these horrendous crimes!
[/quote]

Quote:
Just to point out a few things: Most people in rural Iran-who btw only make up like less than %30 of the population-aren't actually pro the current regime

True, the rural lands are where the minorities live, Ahamadinajad lost the rural regions in 2005(That was explained in detail in a bbc report). Just tell to xenon that, a Canadian who seems to be jealous of how the US is 100x more powerful than his nation and so he automatically blindly loves their enemies.

I lean to the reformists, only because I hope that if your current regime falls you'll stop sending your country's diseased ideologies to our way , well it's too late for us since Hezbollah has already grown strong and fast in the Shiite community here like a cancer but maybe the refrain of unlimited funds and weapons would gradually weakened it.

I watched some violent footages happened in Iran, and I swear ....those Basij's violent behavior , the way of how the Revolutionary guards hail the Khomeini (The fist hailing) are exactly the same behaviors of Hezbollah in 7 May 2008. Your country has successful imported its s**t to Lebanon (to the Shiite community in specific) by creating a mini-Basij clone here whom their true loyalty is to Wali el Faqih and not to Lebanon . Btw,the Shiite community here was never that radical before the arrival of your "glorious" revolutionary ideas . Bravo.

However, I am just little hesitated to how far I should support the reformists in Iran, regardless how cute the reformists girls are , you reformists adopted the "Green" color which is the radical color of Islam , and there was this suicide bomber who blew himself near Khomeiny's tomb and many reformists were chanting "allah w akbar" at night , a way of protest that was used during the Islamic revolution.

After all this ,I really wonder how far less radical the reformists are , hope they wouldn't become worse than the loyalists in case they rule.
But since you reformists want a better economy then it's logical to cut the non-lucrative funding projects to all the s**ts you implemented in the Arab world and start to look more into your own business, hope I am right about that tho.

I would like you to see this thread too: http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt101611.html

phil777
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2009, 8:37 pm

Y'know, there's an interesting parallel here o.O In Iran, the rural folks are against the local regime, but in western countries, they actually tend to support the right-wing parties. Go figure. =.= (not generalizing, but this is a trend i've somewhat noticed)

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2009, 4:46 am

LePetitPrince wrote:
However, I am just little hesitated to how far I should support the reformists in Iran, regardless how cute the reformists girls are , you reformists adopted the "Green" color which is the radical color of Islam , and there was this suicide bomber who blew himself near Khomeiny's tomb and many reformists were chanting "allah w akbar" at night , a way of protest that was used during the Islamic revolution.

After all this ,I really wonder how far less radical the reformists are , hope they wouldn't become worse than the loyalists in case they rule.
But since you reformists want a better economy then it's logical to cut the non-lucrative funding projects to all the s**ts you implemented in the Arab world and start to look more into your own business, hope I am right about that tho.

Generalise much? You can't lump the suicide bomber in with the protesters. There is a strong likelihood they are not related. Given that there was a string of sunni extremist bombs before the election. It is probably that it could be a sunni or another group. I wouldn't lump the sunni extremist groups in Lebanon in with the reformers either, just because they are not Shi'te and Hezbollah. Shouting from the roof tops is a tactic that worked for the revolution and may work again. There has already been report of some police changing sides or letting protesters go that were rounded up as well as protestor preventing other protesters from beating police that were isolated.

You have to allow change to happen. It takes time.

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2009, 4:48 am

phil777 wrote:
Y'know, there's an interesting parallel here o.O In Iran, the rural folks are against the local regime, but in western countries, they actually tend to support the right-wing parties. Go figure. =.= (not generalizing, but this is a trend i've somewhat noticed)

Iran is very mixed. Rural areas can have quite different cultures and ethnicities.

Wombat
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2009, 6:58 am

Listen to the media beat up.

Why should we care what happens in Iran? Do we care what happens in Mongolia or Peru or New Zealand or Fiji or Kurdistan?

No we don't. So what makes Iran such a big deal?

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2009, 7:08 am

Wombat wrote:
Listen to the media beat up.

Why should we care what happens in Iran? Do we care what happens in Mongolia or Peru or New Zealand or Fiji or Kurdistan?

Nukes and Oil. Next question?

ruveyn

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2009, 7:09 am

Wombat wrote:

Yes

Wombat wrote:

Living in ignorance is a fine way to repeat the mistakes of the past.

If you don't care why are you even posting in this thread? You think you are being terribly profound? In reality there are always consequences for foreign relations, even if those have completely broken down. The fact is without trade and travel there would be no nations as we know them. Your so called nationalism doesn’t exist without these interactions. Trying to divorce yourself from your foreign history is fruitless.

Wombat
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2009, 7:30 am

0_equals_true wrote:
If you don't care why are you even posting in this thread? You think you are being terribly profound? In reality there are always consequences for foreign relations, even if those have completely broken down. The fact is without trade and travel there would be no nations as we know them. Your so called nationalism doesn’t exist without these interactions. Trying to divorce yourself from your foreign history is fruitless.

Gee, how many people do I know who have chosen to take a holiday in Iran? None?

Now how about Fiji? The Fijian natives have taken control from the Indian majority.

No one has been killed or injured.

And this concerns me... how?

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2009, 7:53 am

Yet you continue to comment. Not everyone is as isolated as you.

You may choose to live in a hole on the one hand but you will also be dependent and passenger to on going foreign relations that were instrumental in building your nation to what it is.

Native Fijian are actually the majority. Indigenous Fijian 57.25% to Indo-Fijian 37.64% CIA fact book

xenon13
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2009, 2:04 pm

Iran should have nukes in order to bring balance to the region. It's absolutely unacceptable that a state of 5 million people, run by invaders from Europe, hold a nuclear bomb monopoly in the region. No one would accept a situation where Sri Lanka has a nuclear monopoly over south Asia.

M_LibertyGirl
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

02 Jul 2009, 4:24 am

LePetitPrince wrote:

True, the rural lands are where the minorities live, Ahamadinajad lost the rural regions in 2005(That was explained in detail in a bbc report). Just tell to xenon that, a Canadian who seems to be jealous of how the US is 100x more powerful than his nation and so he automatically blindly loves their enemies.

I lean to the reformists, only because I hope that if your current regime falls you'll stop sending your country's diseased ideologies to our way , well it's too late for us since Hezbollah has already grown strong and fast in the Shiite community here like a cancer but maybe the refrain of unlimited funds and weapons would gradually weakened it.

I watched some violent footages happened in Iran, and I swear ....those Basij's violent behavior , the way of how the Revolutionary guards hail the Khomeini (The fist hailing) are exactly the same behaviors of Hezbollah in 7 May 2008. Your country has successful imported its sh** to Lebanon (to the Shiite community in specific) by creating a mini-Basij clone here whom their true loyalty is to Wali el Faqih and not to Lebanon . Btw,the Shiite community here was never that radical before the arrival of your "glorious" revolutionary ideas . Bravo.

I would like you to see this thread too: http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt101611.html

Before you read the rest, let me say that I don't mean to be offensive in anyway, and in case it comes off that way I apologize in advance, but this sort of thing really pisses me off, specially at times like this and by someone who called me scum and wished for my and my loved ones' annihilation. I had to get these off my chest.

OK again I wish you wouldn't so confidently express your opinions about things you obviously don't seem to know much about.
First of all, I was born several years after the revolution in a very agnostic to anti-religious family, of which the only member who voted in IRI referendum voted "no". So I'd appropriate it if you would cut the crap with all "your" revolutionary ideas and this and that when talking to me. That's very insulting. Khomeini was a nobody, it was the bbc that made him into somebody and many of our people were stupid enough to buy into that and to take it from there. You lumping all Iranians with the current government holds as true as me lumping you with Hezbollah.

I'm not a racist person and I wish no ill on any being -unlike you here who wished a country of 70 millions to be carpet bombed not that long ago, because you couldn't rid yourselves off Hezbollah in your own country which is a so called democracy, yet you expected us to rid ourselves of a ruthless government that holds all the power,money and military force and support of powerful nations and is a theocracy. The hypocrisy and double standard in that is quite obvious, wouldn't you say?

Iranians are even more against funding groups like Hamas and Hezbollah than you are, since it's their money going there for the Government's power delusions. And quiet a few of those forces on the street these day are allegedly Lebanese Hezbollah soldiers beating the hell out of my people. The people here are sick of the fact that our government and state-run media are more concerned with the Palestinians and other Arabs than they are for my suffering country men. I'm sure you know that the majority of people in Iran unfortunately-for historic and current reasons- dislike all things Arab greatly but not to the point of wishing innocent arabs to die or any other horrible thing to happen to them; interestingly though you should know the Lebanese have always been the exception as they are not disliked at all and I think compared to other Arab countries you can see why.

That suicide bomb thing, was a little old show that the government plays every time such protests happen, no one buys it anymore. At least this time they didn't dare actually kill anyone.

Let get something else clear, if you knew anything about Iranian politics, you would have known that the reason people vote for the reformists isn't because they have any love or belief in them, it's always more of a "no" to the hardliner fundamentalists, a choice between bad and worse. thanks to the Khamenei and his dear guardian council no one out of his little approved circle can run for any elections, so who would you have us vote for? And after this coup, there is not going to be any real elections anymore at all. Remember how Saddam used to get %99.9 of the votes in presidential elections? That's where Khamenei and Ahmadinejad and their backward group of Hojatieh want to take the country to: a total dictatorship. Most people who are fighting only like two things about Mousavi-who is not really a reformist btw- which are his courage and honesty and not his Khomeini loving ideologies. But as long as he stands by the people, the people will stand by him. I myself voted for Karoubi because he was advocating some actual democratic ideas. But the majority of the people voted for Mousavi and he's the actual elected president, so I respect the choice of the majority and acknowledge him as such.

Ahmadinejad is a crazy delusional bastard with a cluster B personality that even people around him have a hard time tolerating him, and he's running the country into the ground. Anything he touches he ruins and he does it with the full support of khamenei who only cares about staying in power. Now with the price of oil down, he will soon lose all the poor followers he has left when he has no money left to pay them and they find out how he has screwed up everything, and what the State TV has been feeding them were all a bunch of blatant lies and how he's not much of a muslim at all anyway , since most things he does are against Islamic rules actually.

Answer me this honestly, would you be willing to fight Hezbollah for example if it most likely meant the torture,rape and death of you and your family and friends etc with little hope of succeeding?

"The thought manifests as the word. The word manifests as the deed. The deed develops into habit. And the habit hardens into character. So watch the thought and its ways with care. And let it spring from love, born out of concern for all beings."

phil777
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2009, 11:11 am

Hey xenon, this is called "having the big stick" mentallity. <.< Basicly, they don't want "unarmed" people to get the same stick they use for "negotiations" (or intimidation ^^; ) .

LePetitPrince
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2009, 2:01 pm

First sorry about the carpet thing then , maybe I made that post during the Hezbollah' may 08 attacks if I am not mistaken. So I was really pissed. Let's just close this page.

While written below is directed to your country and the majority of your people and not to you.

Quote:
because you couldn't rid yourselves off Hezbollah in your own country which is a so called democracy,

Lebanon is not 'so-called' democracy , surely it's far from perfect democracy , but it's far better than your ultimately-fake democracy in your country. Weren't you following the news? The Hezbollah camp had lost the elections.

Quote:
yet you expected us to rid ourselves of a ruthless government that holds all the power,money and military force and support of powerful nations and is a theocracy. The hypocrisy and double standard in that is quite obvious, wouldn't you say?

What government is taking "all the power,money and military force and support of powerful nations and is a theocracy." , I don't think you are referring to the Iranian government, do you? Oh do you mean Israel here? because if this was the case, then I don't want you to get rid of it ...because trying to get 'rid of it' means using your government's tools here , so thank you , just stay away you people and don't try to get rid anything.

Quote:
Let get something else clear, if you knew anything about Iranian politics, you would have known that the reason people vote for the reformists isn't because they have any love or belief in them, it's always more of a "no" to the hardliner fundamentalists, a choice between bad and worse.

"Islamism" is a trouble in all its shapes and forms , voting for another Islam revolution's founder is a very slight change ,it is a change , but like I posted before , I am not sure if it's a much better choice. Can't this new revolution be secular like the French revolution? Why it should be green? :roll: Isn't because your society not secular enough? And why there's no split in any army of yours (since you have a lot of armies), at least in the regular Iranian army? I know that can't be so easy but it's an indication of how 'popular' your current revolution is, the soldiers in your regular army are just a good representative sample of your people.

You are agnostic , you are exception , but most of your fellow Shiite Iranians are fundamentalists, whether they are reformists or not, and this is a problem. Besides, I don't think Ahmadinejad 's supporters are a minority , Khomeini and Ahmadinejad didn't rule out of the blue, the real problem's roots is in the half of your society.

Quote:
I'm sure you know that the majority of people in Iran unfortunately-for historic and current reasons- dislike all things Arab greatly but not to the point of wishing innocent arabs to die or any other horrible thing to happen to them; interestingly though you should know the Lebanese have always been the exception as they are not disliked at all and I think compared to other Arab countries you can see why.

Oh yea, I know ... I know this very well. Your people have their heads in the clouds for nothing and look down on Arabs, and unlike what you've said there, included Lebanese. I heard real stories from relatives visited holy places in Iran, ( I am atheist from a Shiite family) , ironically enough , most of my Shiite relatives are supporters of Hezbollah and look highly at Iran , I had also a unpleasant encounter with few Iranians.

This racist spirit (especially toward Arabs) in your people always puzzled me and it's far beyond than just a sense of pride , I mean maybe some Japanese have a over-pride it and so some Germans but at least their countries are successful in almost everything , many Turkish have it too but their country is doing better than yours , while your dear country is currently a failure in everything : Socially , politically and economically . Many of the Persian community in you society often call other races "khareji" (outlander or outliers) , even the races within the Iranians. We have Lebanese-Armenians here, we have Lebanese-Kurds, and Bedouins, yet I never heard someone here calling them outlanders.

A society with such highest drug-use rate and with such ret*d aggression against humanity and women shouldn't be that over-proud to the racism extent, some modesty would be appreciated.

Racism doesn't make a people more superior than others, racism is a sign of social and cultural inferiority. Your well-known racism (of your people, not you again) toward Arab, Afghans , Pakistanis , Indians make your people more inferior (culturally) than all the mentioned races/people.

Ironically , while your society's general attitude against Arabs is somehow racist, your true rulers are theoretically and supposedly Arab-descendants. :tease:.

I personally don't you see your people that much better than the Gulf Arabs...

And oh, I noticed that the youths of greenies (reformists) were emulating the Lebanese Cedar revolution in many forms......nice try. Hehe.

Quote:
Answer me this honestly, would you be willing to fight Hezbollah for example if it most likely meant the torture,rape and death of you and your family and friends etc with little hope of succeeding?

No, I wouldn't be. But Hezbollah are always willing to follow such a crazy path and dragging us to their fates, that's our biggest problem.

M_LibertyGirl
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

05 Jul 2009, 4:56 pm

Quote:
Lebanon is not 'so-called' democracy , surely it's far from perfect democracy , but it's far better than your ultimately-fake democracy in your country. Weren't you following the news? The Hezbollah camp had lost the elections.

by "so called" I meant exactly because it "is" a democracy, you blaming us for your Hezbollah problem which you can freely and openly oppose and try to change( as you somewhat have), yet expecting people living in a brutal theocracy to rise against said government, was rather hypocritical and ridiculous.

Quote:
What government is taking "all the power,money and military force and support of powerful nations and is a theocracy." , I don't think you are referring to the Iranian government, do you? Oh do you mean Israel here? because if this was the case, then I don't want you to get rid of it ...because trying to get 'rid of it' means using your government's tools here , so thank you , just stay away you people and don't try to get rid anything.

first of all "holds" is not "taking", they don't even look alike, so how you mistaken them I don't know. And how on earth did you get Israel into this conversation? It appears to me you're the one that's obsessed with it. I actually and obviously was referring to Iran's current government and it does hold all those things in the country, why do you find that obvious fact so odd?

Quote:
"Islamism" is a trouble in all its shapes and forms , voting for another Islam revolution's founder is a very slight change ,it is a change , but like I posted before , I am not sure if it's a much better choice. Can't this new revolution be secular like the French revolution? Why it should be green? Rolling Eyes Isn't because your society not secular enough?

Which part of "secular people aren't allowed by the government to run for any elections" don't you understand?
Even Mousavi himself doesn't think of himself as leader of any "revolutions". People will move past him at whatever point he should act against them or give in to the government.
The whole point of a democratic government, is that it's based on the people's choice and it may not be what you or I want, but if we don't respect and recognize the right of others to choose(even if it's a great mistake in your opinion) you're no better than the dictators.
Many of the people who went to the demonstrations had not voted at all, this has nothing to do with who the candidate is, but to the demand that the vote and choice of the people be respected.
what's wrong with green? You have something against green?

I write X and you apparently read Y and then ask me to respond why I said Y, when I didn't say Y!! ! 8O

Quote:
You are agnostic , you are exception , but most of your fellow Shiite Iranians are fundamentalists, whether they are reformists or not, and this is a problem. Besides, I don't think Ahmadinejad 's supporters are a minority , Khomeini and Ahmadinejad didn't rule out of the blue, the real problem's roots is in the half of your society.

I think I would know "most of my fellow Shiite Iranians" much much better than you and most of them are not fundamentalists.

Khomeini and Ahmadnejad aren't the same things. what they do have in common is that they gave all sorts of false promises before they came into power and then did the opposite afterward. they turned out to be not what people thought they were. neither of the two were elected in a free election. I very well know how each one of them came into power but it would take several pages to explain to you. You obviously are unaware of or choose to ignore all the factors that went to it but it doesn't keep you from presenting you "opinions" as facts.

Quote:
Oh yea, I know ... I know this very well. Your people have their heads in the clouds for nothing and look down on Arabs, and unlike what you've said there, included Lebanese. I heard real stories from relatives visited holy places in Iran, ( I am atheist from a Shiite family) , ironically enough , most of my Shiite relatives are supporters of Hezbollah and look highly at Iran , I had also a unpleasant encounter with few Iranians.

This racist spirit (especially toward Arabs) in your people always puzzled me and it's far beyond than just a sense of pride , I mean maybe some Japanese have a over-pride it and so some Germans but at least their countries are successful in almost everything , many Turkish have it too but their country is doing better than yours , while your dear country is currently a failure in everything : Socially , politically and economically

Your Argument would only hold if Iranians were racist in general, which they're not. The strong dislike is towards only Arabs as an ethnic group. You've never even been to Iran so where do you get off giving opinions about things and people you clearly know nothing about?
Like I said People here hate hezbollah more than you do, so if they thought your relatives were so I can see why they might have not been nice to them. what are those "real stories" anyway?
Who were those Iranians you met and what were they doing in Lebanon? and if you talked to those Iranians you met the way you've talked to me here, well it's quite obvious that if you're rude and degrading to people they wouldn't like you. cause and effect, duh!

Quote:
I'm sure you know that the majority of people in Iran unfortunately-for historic and current reasons- dislike all things Arab greatly

Read that again. They Dislike them because of what they did and have been doing to us and our country. And Arabs have been racist towards Iranians too before Iranians ever started to. By your previous comment regarding the persian gulf you obviously haven't studied the history of the region from an Independent source much and until you do there's no point explaining the dislike to you. and if you had studied I wouldn't have to at all, cause you would understand the dislike perfectly.

Quote:
Many of the Persian community in you society often call other races "khareji" (outlander or outliers) , even the races within the Iranians. We have Lebanese-Armenians here, we have Lebanese-Kurds, and Bedouins, yet I never heard someone here calling them outlanders.

In Farsi Khareji is the word used to refer to foreigners(here meaning from the outside). People refer to ethnic groups by their names here. So there you go with more of your lies and misinformation.

Quote:
A society with such highest drug-use rate and with such ret*d aggression against humanity and women shouldn't be that over-proud to the racism extent, some modesty would be appreciated.

Society is not equal to the oppressive backward government ruling it. You Don't know anything about the varied society in Iran so you are easily so judgmental. To me those comment say more about you than my country which I actually do know unlike you.

Quote:
Racism doesn't make a people more superior than others, racism is a sign of social and cultural inferiority. Your well-known racism (of your people, not you again) toward Arab, Afghans , Pakistanis , Indians make your people more inferior (culturally) than all the mentioned races/people.

I can't answer to things you make up since they're not true. Going by your comments, you're the one who's being and acting racist here.

Quote:
Ironically , while your society's general attitude against Arabs is somehow racist, your true rulers are theoretically and supposedly Arab-descendants. :tease:.

Didn't you ask why they hate Arabs? there's an answer for you!

Quote:
I personally don't you see your people that much better than the Gulf Arabs...

considering the source, unfortunately I have to say I don't think me or any other Iranians would care what "you" see them.
You don't see "them". You see this made up image you have in your head, and you call it Iranians and you judge them by that image. so how you see them becomes irrelevant to actual Iranians cause whatever you see obviously is not an accurate image of Iranians at all.

Quote:
And oh, I noticed that the youths of greenies (reformists) were emulating the Lebanese Cedar revolution in many forms......nice try. Hehe.

self-centered much? I can bet you 10 gazillion dollars not one of those have even ever heard the name of your "Cedar revolution" or whatever. so nice try yourself for trying to take credit where it's not due.
Greens are not reformists. They include reformist and many more different groups of the Iranian society.

Quote:
No, I wouldn't be. But Hezbollah are always willing to follow such a crazy path and dragging us to their fates, that's our biggest problem

My point of asking you was, you don't get to expect others to do what you yourself wouldn't. Understand why I called it hypocritical of you now?

"The thought manifests as the word. The word manifests as the deed. The deed develops into habit. And the habit hardens into character. So watch the thought and its ways with care. And let it spring from love, born out of concern for all beings."