Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2009, 7:07 pm

Frank Schaeffer wrote:
Strategery and Tactics
--- How do I know this is the norm? Because I used to have strategy meetings with the late Jack Kemp and Dick Army and the rest of the Republican gang about using their business ties to help finance the pro-life movement to defeat Democrats. I know this script. I helped write it... Here's the emerging American version of the fascist's formula: combine millions of dollars of lobbyists' money with embittered troublemakers who have a small army of not terribly bright white angry people (collected over decades through pro-life mass mailing networks) at their beck and call, ever ready to believe any myth or lie circulated by the semi literate and completely and routinely misinformed right wing - Evangelical religious underground. Then put his little mob together with the insurance companies' big bucks. That's how it works - American Brown Shirts at the ready.---
http://www.truthout.org/080709H

Definition of 'Brown Shirts' http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sturmabteilung

ZEGH8578
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2009, 7:41 pm

in my opinon, one of the LEAST shocking conspiracies, are those of gvt control over people. that senseless system ultimately revolving around how much of an awesome pension any particular leader gets.

in wealthy countries, he gets his pension by tricking people to hand it over, and in poor countries he takes it.
thats why human generations never "learn" we hate war, "never again" yet we do it again and again and again. it was never about "the future" or "the people". it was only ever about old people who likes money and gold.

a gvt CAN do ANYthing. w the iraq war and all, people have gotten this idea that a badly behaving country will be corrected. NO.
countries are sovereign, north korea and burma knows this.
usa knows this.
sweden knows this.
1930's germany knew this.

as my friend stein always reminds me, you only need a nutcase who tells entire populations its okay to kill and maim, and we're all at it again :]

pezar
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2009, 8:56 pm

It would help if the guys in power had a coherent idea of what they wanted the health care system to be like. They don't. They are putting together a bill with duct tape, and it doesn't even save any money. They are trying to ram it through before we all figure out that they're clueless. They are so deep in the system that it's unlikely that they could design anything. The Edsel was designed by a committee, and look how it turned out. The health care bill is the same way-it looks ugly and doesn't work, but the guys in charge assume that with enough chrome and big enough tail fins they can sell it.

That said, using Stormtroopers to influence the debate is just wrong. The other side thinks that the mob rules, so they turn everything into a riot. The problem comes when the incendiary rhetoric takes on a life of its own, and people become willing to kill and die for it. Dr. Tiller, the article mentions, was murdered by somebody who took the rhetoric seriously. Somebody chanted "kill him" as Sarah Palin described Obama as a Muslim terrorist. Obama may not die, but some Congressman might, especially if he's a Democrat at one of these town halls that gets overrun, and somebody has a gun...

There's a series of novels that can be called conservative pulp fiction. Ben Raines takes back America by burning the cities, which are described as being filled with blood sucking cannibals called Night People. The 12th novel is now out. I suspect that that's the way rural farmers view urbanites. William Jennings Bryan was more eloquent: Burn down our cities and leave the farms and the cities will spring up again as if by magic, but burn the farms and leave the cities and the grass will grow in the streets of every city in the country. He was a Democrat, but he was more like a modern right winger.

He may have been right, but the risk is in going to option C, burning the cities and turning them into farms so that those blood suckers will finally have to WORK for a living. The Khmer Rouge tried that. I see a lot of the black clad Khmer Rouge shock troops in today's American rural whites. Sarah Palin called such people "real Americans". They've been hammered by upheavals in Western civilization in the last 60 years, and they want one last strike, and THIS TIME they will destroy those cities that are stealing their water and eating their food without any gratitude. Should they get what they want, I suspect that it would be a lot like Kampuchea with its farms/reeducation camps for the "new people" where the "old people" get to lord it over them. Kampuchea came apart within a few years, but not before a fifth of the former Cambodian population died.

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2009, 9:00 pm

The fascination with the Nazi imagery, the thrill of the South marching under the code as of the Ku Klux Klan of old, this is their final stand, and they know it. I lived among these people and my views on these subjects were not missed when I left. A lot of disinfranchized Deep Southerners moved to Idaho when the South lost the Civil war and the Pacific Northwest is where Sarah Palin grew up. This is all wrapped up in religion and coming prophesy and preparing the way for the Lord and the Rapture and what all. They see this as the end times and they are going out with a bang, after all, isn't it all going to end in 2012?

ed
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2009, 10:11 am

We should have let the South secede :lol:

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2009, 10:58 am

ed wrote:

Or sent all the Confederates back to Europe.

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2009, 11:06 am

ed wrote:

you know, it is pretty hardball, but in some ways, I agree. At least it would have localized the phenomenon.

ZEGH8578
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2009, 11:42 am

zegh's america (redux)

i always felt usa would be way more charming as separate little nations. you'd go "abroad" visiting a neighboring country, and checking out their funny customs :]

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2009, 12:16 pm

^^ Republic of Oregon, here!

Merle

Fuzzy
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2009, 12:18 pm

Redux once more zegh. The Edmontonian Republic would have internal issues with its west coast and Alaska. British Columbia is culturally and topographically very different, and the Alaskans are fervent in several(religious) ways that horrify western Canadians.

ed
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2009, 12:37 pm

The panhandle of Florida belongs with (K) The Confederate States of America. It is a very divided state.

ZEGH8578
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2009, 12:57 pm

as with all countries, there will be friction. i have been told to fix up on most of canada, and the south, florida, mississippi, confederates

you guys should see my europe map :]

Fuzzy
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2009, 1:15 pm

ZEGH8578 wrote:
as with all countries, there will be friction. i have been told to fix up on most of canada, and the south, florida, mississippi, confederates

If that were the case you might as well reconstitute Canada.

Quote:
you guys should see my europe map :]

:D