Page 9 of 11 [ 161 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

pandabear
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2009, 4:51 pm

I think that everyone here knows by now that Tim is a highly available guy. Certainly there should have been some offers by now at least for some pity sex.

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2009, 4:56 pm

Ah geez....Tim maybe it would more appropriate if this was somewhere in the Haven or Love and Dating forum. It seems like we're getting off topic.

Oh well...

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2009, 11:43 pm

What is kind of grotesquely fascinating is the concept that one can doff a religious belief like putting a feather in one's hat. Whether or not I organize my paradigms and ethics along atheist or Christian or other approaches has nothing to do with my hormone output. (Or nothing conscious in that area, anyway). If being a Christian or not is that trivial, be pragmatic and get laid.

pandabear
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2009, 10:36 am

Well, Tim's ethics, paradigms, religious beliefs, and Republican political affiliation all tell him that sex is wrong. His hormone output is telling him something completely contradictory. If Tim's hormone output were less than normal, then following Christian and Republican teachings concerning sex would present no problem at all.

Tim has some strongly contradictory inputs into his paradigm system to reconcile.

Maybe a weekend in Tijuana would take care of things?

Keeno
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2009, 7:46 pm

Tim, I distinctly remember you saying some months ago on WP that you had renounced Christianity. This was during the liberal phase you went through. You must have then gone back to being Christian, is it possible there is something genuine in it for you?

Actually I've been struggling a bunch with my own Christian faith. For me, too, that has everything to do with clashing with Christians who are very conservative, who seem to wish to think my thoughts, but hopefully I can eventually find a better Christian milieu.

pandabear
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2009, 8:15 pm

When you think about it, the Pope's ethics, paradigms, and religious beliefs don't conflict at all with his hormonal output: he's too old to have an erection, and, at his age, being chaste and pure isn't difficult at all.

Some of these younger priests and protestant preachers have a hard time behaving themselves.

Is God, or evolution, responsible for hormones? Or, is it all the work of Satan?

matt
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2009, 10:07 pm

I am an agnostic atheist, and I believe that many beliefs of Christianity don't make sense, but I wouldn't want the possibility of any relationship with me to be a reason someone renounced something they believed in.

Renouncing a belief does not lead to changing said belief. If you believe that Christianity is true then you should not renounce Christianity.

I would like more people to question religious ideas, but I don't want people to pretend to be atheists to make me like them.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2009, 10:11 pm

THanks for all your advice.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Fuzzy
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2009, 11:19 pm

pandabear wrote:
Some of these younger priests and protestant preachers have a hard time behaving themselves.

There is a behavioural correlation between attention seeking and high risk life styles. Thats why so many of the televangelists get busted for drugs and sex.

pandabear
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2009, 11:21 am

In ancient times, it also sold a lot of newspapers. Now, it leads to high viewership on news channels.

Oh well. It probably isn't as bad as public executions as a form of entertainment.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2009, 11:27 am

I have found evangelicals to be very self-righteous, and condescending, and judgmental. It's part of the reason I choose mainline Protestantism, and also because of the ambient nature of such congregations.

Not sure about Catholic and Orthodox congregations, though.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

pandabear
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2009, 11:20 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDS00Pnhkqk&feature=related[/youtube]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDS00Pnh ... re=related

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2009, 3:54 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:
I have found evangelicals to be very self-righteous, and condescending, and judgmental. It's part of the reason I choose mainline Protestantism, and also because of the ambient nature of such congregations.

Not sure about Catholic and Orthodox congregations, though.

Don't be Catholic and a lover of indie movies.
You'll get laughed at.

Traveling/outdoorsy stuff, TV, and anything artsy may yield the same effect.

Good luck being Protestant Tim.

pandabear
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2009, 5:12 pm

By the way, are Paul's letters to Timothy your favourite part of the Bible? It must make it very personal, to have the same name.

PlatedDrake
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2009, 11:01 pm

Im not going to get into an all out debate. Im not a religious person (i find it hard to follow something written by a fellow human as viable evidence to keep a faith like that, and we all know that some humans will do anything to control other humans). That, and i dont need a book or a faith to tell me to become a better individual/human being at the expense of none but myself. As for the whole Jesus dying for us, NO. He died as a result of stupidity and greed in the past (which was fairly common in that age, but his was "publicized"). . . not for me or anyone else. And dont get me started on the bible stuff . . . if Adam and Eve are our founding parents, then all humans are the product of incest (granted, that would explain a lot of inherited stupidity that seems to follow our development).

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2009, 11:15 pm

PlatedDrake wrote:
Im not going to get into an all out debate. Im not a religious person (i find it hard to follow something written by a fellow human as viable evidence to keep a faith like that, and we all know that some humans will do anything to control other humans). That, and i dont need a book or a faith to tell me to become a better individual/human being at the expense of none but myself. As for the whole Jesus dying for us, NO. He died as a result of stupidity and greed in the past (which was fairly common in that age, but his was "publicized"). . . not for me or anyone else. And dont get me started on the bible stuff . . . if Adam and Eve are our founding parents, then all humans are the product of incest (granted, that would explain a lot of inherited stupidity that seems to follow our development).

The effort to explain the idiocy of humanity on the basis of idiotic doctrines merely confirms its existence but not its source.