Page 2 of 8 [ 127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2009, 11:39 am

metelz wrote:
This thread is racist. Nobody deserves to be seen as gentically superior because their nationality has IQ points 7 above average.

Beyond that IQ is a very questionable measure of capability. No doubt it helps but there are many other intellectual and emotional variables that are required to make an individual capable and probably no very capable individual is capable in more that a few areas. Mensa is, from what I've heard, full of people discussing how wonderful they are for their high IQs and with not an overwhelming number of accomplishments otherwise.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2009, 1:50 pm

metelz wrote:
This thread is racist. Nobody deserves to be seen as gentically superior because their nationality has IQ points 7 above average.

That is true. Even the smartest person in the world does not have any special rights, not possessed by others.

ruveyn

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2009, 4:16 pm

?I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but they've always worked for me.? - Hunter S. Thompson

Macbeth
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2009, 5:24 pm

Carlofirst wrote:
Could macbeth explain: "no". This is not kindergarten.
Ruveyn: correct, but you are pro- israel, i'd say? And which studies are there about the japanese and jews?

Its a kindergarten-level question. Is there a "master race"? Answer = No. Seems fairly straightforward to me. As for suggesting that the Nazi's were out to kill the jews over their "average intelligence" being too high.. ... no again.

pakled
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2009, 5:27 pm

Master race might imply that more than sheer intelligence would prevail. They could just wind up being the meanest, baddest @#@$%'s to become a master race.

Carlofirst
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

20 Sep 2009, 7:28 pm

Ruveyn still has not mentioned the studies about the supposed higher japanese and jewish iq, so untill then he is talking out of his b**t.

And for macbeth it is obviously painfull that britain's eternal enemies are smarter.

number5
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2009, 7:34 pm

No there is not a master race, and even if there was, it certainly would not be decided by small variances in IQ.

Macbeth
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2009, 7:35 pm

Carlofirst wrote:
Ruveyn still has not mentioned the studies about the supposed higher japanese and jewish iq, so untill then he is talking out of his b**t.

And for macbeth it is obviously painfull that britain's eternal enemies are smarter.

As has been said, 107 isnt exactly a towering IQ.. certainly not "masterful." Its quite evident that Germany has NOT provided any form of ubermensch.. if they were all that good, they would have won that war, dont you think?

Orwell
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2009, 7:39 pm

Carlofirst wrote:

Curious, you failed to produce the study you cited when I asked you for it. You, sir, are the pot, and ruveyn the kettle.

Carlofirst
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

20 Sep 2009, 7:44 pm

Yep, i was right there about macbeth!

Carlofirst
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

20 Sep 2009, 7:57 pm

Ulster Univ. 2006, researcher Lynn!! !! !! !

Macbeth
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2009, 8:10 pm

Carlofirst wrote:
Yep, i was right there about macbeth!

So what exactlly is with the attempted insult to my intelligence? Have I said anything inaccurate? Master Race theories are bunk. Racial superiority is left-over 19th century pseudo-science. "Averages" are just averages. Post a study, mon ami, let us see your infornation.. though that won't change the fact that it is still only an average. How many citizens of any nation have NOT taken an IQ test, or been involved in such an "average" study?

Orwell
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2009, 10:52 pm

Carlofirst wrote:

Lynn is widely known as a quack. In any case, you still haven't given a link. Post a link to a study in a legitimate peer-reviewed journal.

Orwell
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2009, 11:03 pm

Carlofirst wrote:

I believe your Lynn claims that Jews and Japanese are smarter than whites, does he not?

Quote:

Britain and Germany have not, historically, been enemies. The only perennial rival to England has traditionally been France. Up until Bismarck, Germany was usually not militarily significant enough for Britain to trouble herself with them much. Then Germany had, what, 75 years of being a great military power before it was defeated and dismantled? Some master race there. America is a nation of rejects, the refuse of Europe's unwanted people, and we've done a better job maintaining international preeminence than Germany did.

codarac
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2009, 6:37 am

Orwell wrote:
Carlofirst wrote:

Lynn is widely known as a quack. In any case, you still haven't given a link. Post a link to a study in a legitimate peer-reviewed journal.

Please provide a link to back up your assertion that "Lynn is widely known as a quack". I shall expect your source to be completely unbiased, and I will of course be the judge of whether or not that is the case.

codarac
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2009, 6:39 am

ruveyn wrote:
Carlofirst wrote:
According to a recent study (Ulster University, 2006), the Germans and Dutch have the highest IQ in Europe: average 107.

This raises the question: Is there a 'master race' in North-western Europe ?

Jews and Japanese are smarter, on average. Maybe that is why the Nazis tried to kill of the Jews.

ruveyn

Make up your mind, ruveyn. Do racial differences exist or not?