Page 4 of 8 [ 127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2009, 6:13 pm

Henriksson wrote:
Strange, four pages and I haven't seen a single link so far.

http://www.amazon.com/Mismeasure-Man-St ... 544&sr=8-1

?I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but they've always worked for me.? - Hunter S. Thompson

Wombat
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2009, 8:10 am

Do you want links on race and intelligence?

http://www.vdare.com/
http://isteve.blogspot.com/
http://www.lagriffedulion.f2s.com/

Lets look at dogs. "All dogs are dogs, right?"
Wrong.

Only an idiot would suggest that Corgies can run as fast as Greyhounds.
Are Boxers as intelligent as German Shepherds?
Would you choose a Pit Bull as a pet for young children?

Dogs might be dogs but different breeds of dogs have different characteristics.

Who are the fastest runners in the world?
Africans.

Who have won more Nobel Prizes than any other group?
Jews.

Why do the Chinese dominate in gymnastics?

I don't think there is a "Master Race" but I do think that different races just like different breeds of dogs have certain things that they are better at than others.

sartresue
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2009, 8:35 am

AS and Intelligence topic

There is always a dash of Autism in all scientific discovery.

Much of what constitutes "intelligence" and by extension, talent, is survival and need.

Africans live in a hot country. Running is a good hunting skill in open plains. With a few exceptions, people grow taller in hot countries, with a shorter torso, slim build and longer legs. Not much good in forests and the Arctic, where the legs are shorter, and torso heavier to conserve body heat.

Jews were excluded from many occupations and politics. They honed their minds in a ghetto like existence in a society that excluded them (much as AS persons now).

The Chinese are superb at certain sports. The USSR used to be on this level. These countries traditionally have revered sports more than others (good for the economy) and government funds it more.

Phuture Phounder of the Philosophy Phactory

NOT a believer of Mystic Woo-Woo

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2009, 10:01 am

Wombat wrote:
Do you want links on race and intelligence?

http://www.vdare.com/
http://isteve.blogspot.com/
http://www.lagriffedulion.f2s.com/

Lets look at dogs. "All dogs are dogs, right?"
Wrong.

Only an idiot would suggest that Corgies can run as fast as Greyhounds.
Are Boxers as intelligent as German Shepherds?
Would you choose a Pit Bull as a pet for young children?

Dogs might be dogs but different breeds of dogs have different characteristics.

Africans.

Jews.

I don't think there is a "Master Race" but I do think that different races just like different breeds of dogs have certain things that they are better at than others.

Human beings are not different breeds like dogs. There may be a lot of smart Jews but there are also a lot of dumb ones. There are a lot of fast African runners but any trip on the NY subway system reveals how many hugely slow and fat ones there are. Generalities about people are stupid and dangerous.

sartresue
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2009, 10:49 am

Sand wrote:
Generalities about people are stupid and dangerous.

An individual approach topic

All humans, including those with differences (eg AS) have individual strengths and talents, and a good society will enable all members to unearth these unique talents and strengths, whether intellectual, physical, social, etc. 8) In this way, we will not be limited to survival and needs, which are adequate but would probably exclude an African AS person with a talent for scientific discovery, a speedy woman athlete of Jewish descent, and a Canadian Inuit politician/lawyer.

Phuture Phounder of the Philosophy Phactory

NOT a believer of Mystic Woo-Woo

Orwell
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2009, 7:56 pm

Wombat wrote:
Africans.

Jews.

Better explained by cultural factors than genetic ones.

For 60 years, who were the best chess players in the world? Russians, of course. Soviets/Russians dominated the chess world from 1948-2008, with just one brief interlude for the American prodigy Bobby Fischer. This wasn't because of any superior intelligence on the part of the Russian people. Indeed, before the Bolshevik Revolution, Germany and France produced stronger chess players, and the good players Russia did have mostly fled the country when the Czar was overthrown. The Russians dominated chess because the Soviet government promoted and funded it very heavily. This stopped when the USSR collapsed, and there are no real world-class Russian players who have emerged since the fall of the Soviet empire. Today, the world champion is Indian, the highest-rated player is Bulgarian, and the most impressive young star is Norwegian, of all things.

Carlofirst
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

27 Sep 2009, 9:23 am

Orwells views here are utter garbage.

anna-banana
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2009, 9:47 am

four pages of BS and this troll is still around? :roll:

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2009, 11:27 am

anna-banana wrote:

I was just thinking the same thing after reading this and some of the other threads.... :?

Oh well....

number5
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2009, 12:14 pm

MissConstrue wrote:
anna-banana wrote:

I was just thinking the same thing after reading this and some of the other threads.... :?

Oh well....

Me too. :roll:

Orwell
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2009, 1:48 pm

Carlofirst wrote:

I find it ironic that the same people who seem to revere IQ as the ultimate measure of a human's worth will then turn around and not only disregard my opinion on the subject, but attack me as being somehow foolish or stupid. My IQ is in such a range that I am, according to the test makers, classified as a "genius." I qualify for MENSA membership, though I have not bothered to join up. If IQ is such a great metric of human intelligence, how do you reconcile my views being "utter garbage" and "nonsense" with the fact that, according to IQ tests, I am one of the most intelligent people alive? Your "master race" theory is BS, IQ testing is useless for measuring group differences, and IQ in general is dubious even at measuring an individual's intelligence.

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2009, 2:45 pm

Orwell wrote:
Carlofirst wrote:

I find it ironic that the same people who seem to revere IQ as the ultimate measure of a human's worth will then turn around and not only disregard my opinion on the subject, but attack me as being somehow foolish or stupid. My IQ is in such a range that I am, according to the test makers, classified as a "genius." I qualify for MENSA membership, though I have not bothered to join up. If IQ is such a great metric of human intelligence, how do you reconcile my views being "utter garbage" and "nonsense" with the fact that, according to IQ tests, I am one of the most intelligent people alive? Your "master race" theory is BS, IQ testing is useless for measuring group differences, and IQ in general is dubious even at measuring an individual's intelligence.

I wouldn't waste too much time in arguing with this member.

You're not his only "utter garbage" in one of his many threads lol....

chuckbronson
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

28 Sep 2009, 10:54 pm

I'll just shoot off a few points:

-Were they even looking for a "master race" in that study?, or did you just take a factoid
unrelated to the general purpose of the study.

-Wouldn't the study be a bit biased if in fact they were looking for the master race?
First of all they'd have to assume that a master race exists, like gravity exists. The "master race" is ideology, not science.

-If there actually is a master race, do you expect all the inferior races to lay back and let the anglo-saxons tea-bag them.

If this was just meant to piss people off, I guess you did a good job.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2009, 2:37 am

IQ score is a good predictor of how well one will do on IQ tests he has not yet taken.

To some degree IQ score also co-relates with how well one will do with book-learning.

The true measure of intelligence is how well one solves difficult problems he confronts in his life .

ruveyn

FordMan
Butterfly
Butterfly

29 Sep 2009, 3:51 am

I think it's pretty obvious that the "master race" is, in fact, those of us with AS/HFA :D

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2009, 4:15 am

FordMan wrote:
I think it's pretty obvious that the "master race" is, in fact, those of us with AS/HFA :D

At least it's obvious to those who are desperate to pump up their egos to compensate for whatever lacks they feel they need repair.