I think Gays AND Christians will would enjoy this

Page 2 of 3 [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

claire-333
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2009, 7:40 pm

Vyn wrote:
Seeing as the only prerequisite to be christian, and not in a denomination of christianity, is to believe in Jesus Christ, does that make my computer a christian for having electronic records of Jesus' existence within it's memory?
Has your computer accepted Christ as its one and only salvation and asked forgiveness for its sins? Has your computer repented for its sins?

Orwell
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2009, 7:47 pm

claire333 wrote:
Vyn wrote:
Seeing as the only prerequisite to be christian, and not in a denomination of christianity, is to believe in Jesus Christ, does that make my computer a christian for having electronic records of Jesus' existence within it's memory?
Has your computer accepted Christ as its one and only salvation and asked forgiveness for its sins? Has your computer repented for its sins?

Well, has Windows been erased and Linux installed? And which text editor is used- Vi or emacs?

claire-333
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2009, 7:51 pm

:lol: :?:

Fuzzy
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2009, 7:54 pm

Awesomelyglorious wrote:
That's NOT TRUE! Christians and gays both like cake! Why? Well, let's put it this way, the Turing Test only has one question "Do you like cake?"

But I dont like cake! Whats that make me? Just confused?

jc6chan
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2009, 9:51 pm

Christians and gays sometimes gets ridiculed for being who they are. Gays for being gay and christians for believing in values that are conflicting with society (sex outside of marriage for example)

jc6chan
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2009, 9:53 pm

uh...ya, something in common

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2009, 10:21 pm

I suppose anyone on this board who happened to be both gay and Christian would have themselves as common ground.

TallyMan
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2009, 3:23 am

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
I suppose anyone on this board who happened to be both gay and Christian would have themselves as common ground.

Sounds like a recipe for a conflicted mind and a bucket load of hangups that would keep a shrink busy for years.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2009, 3:30 am

Vyn wrote:

I would think so.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2009, 6:30 am

TallyMan wrote:
Sounds like a recipe for a conflicted mind and a bucket load of hangups that would keep a shrink busy for years.

Lol, that sounds like pretty much anyone else on here - we'll never spot em out!

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2009, 6:35 am

CockneyRebel wrote:
I don't get it.

I think it refers to the false assumption that gays and Christians can't see eye to eye on anything.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Orwell
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2009, 12:06 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:
CockneyRebel wrote:
I don't get it.

I think it refers to the false assumption that gays and Christians can't see eye to eye on anything.

Actually, there was a comic about gay people and Christians that somehow did not get through (Fuzzy showed me the link). But the unintentional blank post turned out to make a funnier thread than the comic could have.

Fuzzy
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2009, 12:29 pm

Orwell wrote:
Tim_Tex wrote:
CockneyRebel wrote:
I don't get it.

Actually, there was a comic about gay people and Christians that somehow did not get through (Fuzzy showed me the link). But the unintentional blank post turned out to make a funnier thread than the comic could have.

Shh! :P

But yeah, I think Gays and Christians can see eye to eye on a lot of things. Its only once they identify each other as hard-liners that suddenly thats all forgotten.

Awesomelyglorious
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2009, 2:49 pm

Fuzzy wrote:
Awesomelyglorious wrote:
That's NOT TRUE! Christians and gays both like cake! Why? Well, let's put it this way, the Turing Test only has one question "Do you like cake?"

But I dont like cake! Whats that make me? Just confused?

You aren't human. Perhaps a better computer program than most, but still an artificial intelligence.

Vyn
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2009, 3:12 pm

Orwell wrote:
claire333 wrote:
Vyn wrote:

Well, has Windows been erased and Linux installed? And which text editor is used- Vi or emacs?

My computer sins to much to be forgiven. It's gluttinous in its use of memory, slothful because it never moves, vain with its wallpaper, murderous against outside programs, and quite lustful about new hardware.

And no, sadly I game far to much to able to use Linux. Couldn't play HoN, Diablo II, CO, Demigod... Ahh to many to name.

I am Jon Stewart with some Colbert cynicism, Thomas Edison's curiousity, wrapped around a hardcore gamer sprinkled very liberally with Deadpool, and finished off with an almost Poison Ivy-esque love/hate relationship with humanity flourish.

DentArthurDent
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2009, 7:40 am

Orwell wrote:
claire333 wrote:
Vyn wrote:

Arrgh emacs the false prophet, may all such machines have their surge protectors removed and be nailed to crosses spewing sprites skyward

"Religion is the impotence of the human mind to deal with occurrences it cannot understand" Karl Marx