Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

pezar
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2009, 7:16 pm

http://financialsense.com/editorials/qu ... /1021.html

This great cycle theory says that we are in the beginning of a Crisis stage. Each Crisis from the 15th century on has been worse than the last. The next war will likely see such widespread use of nuclear weapons that I doubt there will be any life left in the end, just a blackened rock. The blogger is equivocating, because telling people that you've got hard proof that planet earth has only 10-15 years left to go before the final hurrah is simply too much for most people to take. What would you do if you knew that your days were numbered? What should people do to live each day to the fullest, knowing that extinction is a certainty by 2025?

MussoliniBismarck
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

26 Oct 2009, 8:31 pm

I'll ignore the blogger's rather....incorrect understanding of history and say that if I knew that planet earth was gunna go bang in a decade I'd likely go and live in the Library of Congress. And promptly enjoy myself.

Orwell
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2009, 11:07 pm

MussoliniBismarck wrote:
I'll ignore the blogger's rather....incorrect understanding of history and say that if I knew that planet earth was gunna go bang in a decade I'd likely go and live in the Library of Congress. And promptly enjoy myself.

Can I come too?

MussoliniBismarck

27 Oct 2009, 12:44 am

No Trotskyists, sorry

Vyn
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2009, 7:04 am

Idk, taking a page outta the Viking's book could be fun. Who knows, after you go on your plundering, raping, conquest and the world blows up, you go to Valhalla and do it every day!

In actuality, I'd probably go get every video game imaginable from now til 2025 and every bit of junk food available and see if my metabolism could keep me alive until 2025.

I am Jon Stewart with some Colbert cynicism, Thomas Edison's curiousity, wrapped around a hardcore gamer sprinkled very liberally with Deadpool, and finished off with an almost Poison Ivy-esque love/hate relationship with humanity flourish.

WhiskeyInTheJar
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

27 Oct 2009, 10:10 am

pezar wrote:
http://financialsense.com/editorials/quinn/2009/1021.html

This great cycle theory says that we are in the beginning of a Crisis stage. Each Crisis from the 15th century on has been worse than the last. The next war will likely see such widespread use of nuclear weapons that I doubt there will be any life left in the end, just a blackened rock. The blogger is equivocating, because telling people that you've got hard proof that planet earth has only 10-15 years left to go before the final hurrah is simply too much for most people to take. What would you do if you knew that your days were numbered? What should people do to live each day to the fullest, knowing that extinction is a certainty by 2025?

Your worries are justified. But now a team of scholars have said: the mayans made a mistake, its not 2012 but 2220!
For what would people do in the 2012 apocalypse scenario? Utter hedonism!
Going to work or school or procreate? Why should i? Its only fu***ng 3 years left.

MussoliniBismarck

27 Oct 2009, 12:57 pm

What do you mean the Mayans made a mistake?