Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Jono
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2009, 9:02 am

gbollard wrote:
Yes, but where does that extra skin come from? I'm sure they wouldn't take it from your calf or your butt like they do in normal skin-graft operations. It wouldn't be sensitive enough.

I think they take it from the scrotum. They can also use surgical tape to stretch the remaining bit of foreskin over the head of the penis to expand the tissue.

Keith
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2009, 10:44 am

I don't agree with baby mutilation. Specifically the boys. Having something removed from their body at force from a vulnerable baby. It's like someone removing the lips of the mouth.

I'm not sure on the answer of "We have foreskins so we can be circumcised" That's an immature answer without full understanding. With baptism, why have it forced against us?

I believe the foreskin should only be removed if it's necessary. The circumcision I believe is primarily to stop young boys from masturbating as it's seen as a sin. No foreskin, no complete comfort, therefore a deterrent.

gbollard
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2009, 3:42 pm

Keith wrote:
I don't agree with baby mutilation. Specifically the boys. Having something removed from their body at force from a vulnerable baby. It's like someone removing the lips of the mouth.

I'm not sure on the answer of "We have foreskins so we can be circumcised" That's an immature answer without full understanding. With baptism, why have it forced against us?

I believe the foreskin should only be removed if it's necessary. The circumcision I believe is primarily to stop young boys from masturbating as it's seen as a sin. No foreskin, no complete comfort, therefore a deterrent.

One can certainly still masturbate without a foreskin.

I always thought that it was originally (biblically) for hygiene reasons. Children often have problems in that area because they don't know how to keep things clean. Of course, since hygiene has improved considerably since those days, it's probably unnecessary today.