Questions I'd Love to See a Creationist Answer

Page 1 of 8 [ 120 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next

Master_Pedant
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2009, 1:10 pm

-Why don't any oil exploration geologists work on the basis of flood geology?
- How can the Universe be younger than the time it takes light from other stars to reach us?
- Do you take modern antibiotics based on the Theory of Evolution?
- How is the the scientific account of humans descending from apes any more offenseive than the biblical story of humans being created from dirt?

Glutamate
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

05 Oct 2009, 1:16 pm

Master_Pedant wrote:

are you kidding? 8O

Master_Pedant
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2009, 1:23 pm

Glutamate wrote:
Master_Pedant wrote:

are you kidding? 8O

Well, I'd frame it more as "I'm making a point with razor sharp wit".

Glutamate
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

05 Oct 2009, 1:25 pm

Master_Pedant wrote:
Glutamate wrote:
Master_Pedant wrote:

are you kidding? 8O

Well... :roll:

Orwell
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2009, 1:45 pm

- What would falsify Creationism?
- What is your explanation for all the overwhelming evidence in favor of evolution found in molecular genetics and the fossil record?
- Why is it that every "irreducibly complex" biological structure turns out to be reducible to something simpler, but still functional?
- How do you explain the scores of speciation events that we have directly observed?
- How do you explain the novel traits that we have seen arise in bacterial colonies under laboratory conditions?

The first question is the most fundamental. If it were given a proper answer, it would make Intelligent Design a scientific proposition.

Master_Pedant
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2009, 2:21 pm

Glutamate wrote:
Master_Pedant wrote:
Glutamate wrote:
Master_Pedant wrote:

are you kidding? 8O

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jBD8xfbf4Y[/youtube]

anna-banana
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2009, 2:46 pm

if animal X is better adapted to the environment than animal Y and has more progeny than animal Y, and then animal Xs descendants carry it's genetic advantages and pass them on to another generation, ad infinitum, how is it possible that all species are exactly the way god has created them on day one, despite all the changes in climate etc that they had to adapt to?

is it miraculous divine intervention that supposedly makes animals stay the way god has created them despite the obvious advantage in evolving from generation to generation?

also, how did you get to be so intellectually lazy? :P

Glutamate
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

05 Oct 2009, 3:14 pm

Master_Pedant wrote:
Glutamate wrote:
Master_Pedant wrote:
Glutamate wrote:
Master_Pedant wrote:

are you kidding? 8O

No, man, not. I'm not a creacionist. Only commented you phrase. I think is a bit misplaced.

willa
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2009, 3:41 pm

-If you are a ridiculously hot and sexy women who believes in creationism would you have my children? You dont need to know anything about my physical or mental traits as that would be screening the genetics of your offspring, selecting the traits you think you want best, and a clear participation and proof of evolution in action, so, super sexy creationist with curvy body and large ample breasts, would you have my children?

Master_Pedant
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2009, 3:47 pm

Glutamate wrote:
Master_Pedant wrote:
Glutamate wrote:
Master_Pedant wrote:
Glutamate wrote:
Master_Pedant wrote:

are you kidding? 8O

No, man, not. I'm not a creacionist. Only commented you phrase. I think is a bit misplaced.

It's not misplaced at all. If creationists reap the benefits of a technolgy their "research program" (killer) would lack, I want to know through what process the recouncile these acts?

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2009, 5:16 pm

Orwell wrote:
The first question is the most fundamental. If it were given a proper answer, it would make Intelligent Design a scientific proposition.

Complimentary questions in addition to yours would be:

-What observations did you base your postulation on?
-What tests can be done to generate consistent, reproducible results?

?I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but they've always worked for me.? - Hunter S. Thompson

greenblue
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2009, 7:42 pm

Orwell wrote:

I very much agree with that, which I really wouldn't know how to answer that actually, but still there are few creationists that mantain their position as being "Science", which I wonder why they still do.

Quote:
- What is your explanation for all the overwhelming evidence in favor of evolution found in molecular genetics and the fossil record?

I do have an answer for that!
All of it are lies, the claimed evidence for evolution is a great political conspiracy from atheists, scientists and governments to discredit Christianity in its true shape, God as a creator and designer and deceive people into believeing their "crap".
Pretty much a conspiracy theory can solve that problem.

Quote:
- How do you explain the novel traits that we have seen arise in bacterial colonies under laboratory conditions?

Microevolution.

Fuzzy
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2009, 7:48 pm

Why doesnt micro evolution accumulate into macro evolution over millions of years?

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2009, 7:49 pm

[quote="Master_Pedant"
[/quote]

Observing populations of micro-organisms acquire immunity to various anti-biotics in short order is almost a real time display of natural selection.

What would take centuries and millenia to observe in complex animals such as mammals takes weeks or months to observe in bacteria and viruses.

ruveyn

Orwell
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2009, 8:53 pm

I'm pretty sure you were being sarcastic, but I'll respond to one point anyways.

greenblue wrote:
Orwell wrote:

Microevolution.

Well, I often hear creationists claim that natural selection and microevolution act only on existing traits, and while they can select out a disfavored trait, they can't be a creative force and nothing new can arise. However, we have observed the development of new metabolic pathways (which is quite an impressive change- it is as though humans learned to subsist on charcoal) in bacterial populations.

DeaconBlues
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2009, 11:44 pm

More questions:

- If all of the evidence of a fourteen-billion-year-old universe, and life's evolution on Earth, was planted by God, why are you so happy to call God a liar?

- If it was planted by Satan, why are you willing to give the Father of Lies powers equal to the Lord? (That is, the ability to create the evidence, and the ability to keep God from editing it back out of His universe - remember, the job description calls for Him to be omniscient and omnipotent!)