Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

makuranososhi
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2009, 2:34 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dmqqUGFCzg[/youtube]

Telling, how much and yet how little things have changed in 18 years.

M.

For those who seek an alternative, it is coming.

So long, and thanks for all the fish!

munty13
Butterfly
Butterfly

22 Dec 2009, 4:05 pm

18 years? 18years?! Where has the time gone? The video brought plenty of memories back. Cracking song too.

southwestforests
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2009, 6:43 pm

Gotta agree with the man.
And I kicked the habit - ain't got one of them gizmos.

Hmm, how much of our economy is tied up with television?

Like any drug, it has its beneficial uses, and its abuses.

Mind numbing opiate.

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2009, 8:36 pm

Since the public TV here in Helsinki is too poor to buy new stuff they rebroadcast 20 year old material so I don't watch since I've seen most of it. It's not a drug, it's a drag.

Meadow
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2009, 8:46 pm

That's really obnoxious and I couldn't watch. That's why these days I can only tolerate movies with no commercial interruptions and only certain movies at that. Most are too violent and are abusing animals in one form or another. I don't on the other hand care what they do to people since in those cases it's only fabricated anyway but I don't like to watch all the violence and blood and guts or sex for that matter either. It has only furthered my growing dislike for the human race, to put it mildly.

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2009, 10:12 pm

Meadow wrote:
That's really obnoxious and I couldn't watch. That's why these days I can only tolerate movies with no commercial interruptions and only certain movies at that. Most are too violent and are abusing animals in one form or another. I don't on the other hand care what they do to people since in those cases it's only fabricated anyway but I don't like to watch all the violence and blood and guts or sex for that matter either. It has only furthered my growing dislike for the human race, to put it mildly.

Humanity is a very mixed bag. The people in power usually get there by being obnoxious in some or in many ways but the bulk of humanity merely wants to survive decently. I don't like the way things are going but there is little I can do since I am AS and have little or no talent for dealing with people. But there are a few bright decent people embedded in the mess.

Meadow
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2009, 1:43 am

Sand wrote:
Meadow wrote:

Humanity is a very mixed bag. The people in power usually get there by being obnoxious in some or in many ways but the bulk of humanity merely wants to survive decently. I don't like the way things are going but there is little I can do since I am AS and have little or no talent for dealing with people. But there are a few bright decent people embedded in the mess.

I agree. Thank heavens for small favors I guess.