Page 1 of 5 [ 75 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Diamonddavej
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2010, 5:12 pm

Sarah Palin is to become a Fox News commentator, she will appear regularly on Fox News as a commentator and will have a program featuring "inspirational tales involving ordinary Americans", its a multi-year deal so she will be around for a while.

Link: Sarah Palin signs on as a commentator with Fox News

http://bbrhuft.photium.com

Last edited by Diamonddavej on 11 Jan 2010, 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

monsterland
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2010, 5:46 pm

The media assassination efforts didn't work on me; I still like Sarah Palin and wish her good luck.

Orwell
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2010, 7:24 pm

Having Palin as a commentator is perfectly in keeping with Fox's standards of journalism.

release_the_bats
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2010, 7:41 pm

Hey, maybe it'll keep her away from direct involvement in politics!

She does seem far better suited to Fox's style of journalism than to holding any kind of political office.

KazigluBey
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

11 Jan 2010, 8:55 pm

monsterland wrote:
The media assassination efforts didn't work on me; I still like Sarah Palin and wish her good luck.

Ditto

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2010, 9:40 pm

KazigluBey wrote:
monsterland wrote:

Ditto

after all, she is God's Plan . . .

NorraStjarna
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

11 Jan 2010, 10:05 pm

Orwell wrote:
Having Palin as a commentator is perfectly in keeping with Fox's standards of journalism.

Haha... I concur.

GeorgeM
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

11 Jan 2010, 10:23 pm

Orwell wrote:

:lol: good point

KazigluBey
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

11 Jan 2010, 10:59 pm

sinsboldly wrote:
KazigluBey wrote:
monsterland wrote:

Ditto

Yeah!! ... umm, no.

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2010, 11:36 pm

KazigluBey wrote:
sinsboldly wrote:
KazigluBey wrote:
monsterland wrote:

Ditto

Yeah!! ... umm, no.

SteveSchmidt'sbookGamePlan wrote:
So how did Palin end up on the GOP ticket?

McCain and his aides had been leaning toward Connecticut Senator Joe Lieberman, a Democrat-turned-Independent who backed the Republican nominee, as a prospective running mate. But they feared rabidly right-wing delegates might revolt on the convention floor and divide the party.

McCain's campaign manager trolled the Internet – paying special attention to YouTube videos – in search of a woman who might make a good running-mate. He stumbled across a video of a peppy Palin, liked what he saw, and things progressed rapidly from there.

With almost no vetting, Palin was added to the ticket.

She reacted calmly to this remarkable development, telling Schmidt it was "God's plan."

monsterland
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2010, 12:07 am

NorraStjarna wrote:
Orwell wrote:

Haha... I concur.

It never fails to amaze me how "cool" it is to rag on Fox News, even though it offered the most even percentage of coverage to both candidates during the election. More even than other mainstream networks such as CNN and MSNBC.

CNN has commentators that use homosexual slurs like "teabagging" to label people they disagree with. Now THOSE are some high standards of journalism and reporting.

Rocky
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2010, 3:06 am

sinsboldly wrote:
KazigluBey wrote:
sinsboldly wrote:
KazigluBey wrote:
monsterland wrote:

Ditto

Yeah!! ... umm, no.

So how did Palin end up on the GOP ticket?

McCain and his aides had been leaning toward Connecticut Senator Joe Lieberman, a Democrat-turned-Independent who backed the Republican nominee, as a prospective running mate. But they feared rabidly right-wing delegates might revolt on the convention floor and divide the party.

McCain's campaign manager trolled the Internet – paying special attention to YouTube videos – in search of a woman who might make a good running-mate. He stumbled across a video of a peppy Palin, liked what he saw, and things progressed rapidly from there.

With almost no vetting, Palin was added to the ticket.

She reacted calmly to this remarkable development, telling Schmidt it was "God's plan."

One could conclude that God wanted Mr. Obama to win. :lol:

monsterland
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2010, 3:15 am

God works in mysterious ways.

KazigluBey
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

12 Jan 2010, 8:22 am

sinsboldly wrote:
KazigluBey wrote:
monsterland wrote:

Ditto

She reacted calmly to this remarkable development, telling Schmidt it [Palin on the GOP ticket] was "God's plan."

You seem to be confused with your own citation; furthermore, while I personally remain skeptical about Palin on the ticket as being God's plan (I'm a bit of a deist), there exists quite a bit of room for interpretation as to what that plan is (or was).

Regardless, I still like Palin (not to be confused with thinking she's the bestest eva) and have no problems with Fox News hiring her as a commentator.

Last edited by KazigluBey on 12 Jan 2010, 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

wolfmanjack
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

12 Jan 2010, 8:55 am

Orwell wrote:

I couldn't agree with you more. Fox is not a news network, it is a entertainment network. I refuse to watch them because i believe the hosts etc are quite ignorant.

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2010, 9:56 am

KazigluBey wrote:
sinsboldly wrote:
KazigluBey wrote:
monsterland wrote:

Ditto

You seem to be confused with your own citation; furthermore, while I personally remain skeptical about Palin on the ticket as being God's plan (I'm a bit of a deist), there exists quite a bit of room for interpretation as to what that plan is (or was).

Before you change my quotes again, I would like to remind you of this little ditty for all you deists.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIOD5X68lIs[/youtube]