A Interesting thought.. I remember said to me

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

enlightenedshadow44
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

01 Jun 2010, 4:56 am

Years ago when I Was on icq.. etc.. I met a woman not knowing that or what aspergers was, she said Erik you are trying to reach for something aren't you? You are looking for this special truth you feel, you are reaching towards this goal, that other people don't see,, and i am like yes that is true-- and she said Erik- that's the ploy, what you are looking for doesn't exist, it is part of your disability! You will keep searching and searching for some metaphysical meaning to connect all the dots and spend money and spend money which i have--- and ... still be empty.

Can anyone relate to this weird feeling?

MrDiamondMind
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

Location: Encapsulated within a skull; covered in sheets of skin

01 Jun 2010, 5:07 am

I wouldn't use words like "metaphysical meaning", but I do feel that something isn't there or isn't right, and never will be.

enlightenedshadow44
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

01 Jun 2010, 5:19 am

okay sorry and thanks diamond, let's change it to wondering that there is not a greater power but feel like you are being yearned into something but not knowing why and every time something happens in your life you try to direct yourself to this or ask yourself this is because of this and to keep going? Thanks so much for relating

Exclavius
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2010, 7:37 am

If it's the "meaning of life" you're talking about, then I've spent my life seeking that same thing.
But the woman you met is wrong.... There is an answer.

a) There is No meaning of life. Life, like the rest of the universe is entropic.
b) The meaning of life is thus defined by whoever possesses it, and has the will to define for themselves what their purpose is.

Many people do try to find an ultimate cause that holds intent, to everything. Trying to do so is natural, but the only intent that can exist, is the intent WE infuse into the universe.
Look to the present to see the intent, looking backward in a chain of events won't find anything but entropy.

enlightenedshadow44
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

01 Jun 2010, 7:47 am

thanks exclavius! I am not trying to promote what so ever or a plug, but it sounds along the line of Miguel Ruiz's Toltec Teachings or the Law of Attraction Jerry Esther Hicks, do you think this is valid? I have those kinds of cds i buy every one and i ether end up copying it and selling it or finally listening to it once think it is the most amazing thing in the world then .. somehow it diminishes from my memory and gets buried into something else..

leejosepho
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2010, 8:14 am

enlightenedshadow44 wrote:
... she said Erik you are trying to reach for something aren't you? You are looking for this special truth you feel, you are reaching towards this goal, that other people don't see ...

Can anyone relate to this weird feeling?

Yes, and the challenge as I see it is to never abandon the quest!

If we could communicate with a child still in the womb and describe to him or her the transition of birth and life on the outside, would he or she believe us and long for what is ahead?!

Skeptics abound, but visionaries live on.

enlightenedshadow44
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

01 Jun 2010, 8:22 am

wow lee well said, that bring alot of hope to the subject, but the question is what if you are ashamed of such things of not that, but other personalities in your life, and knowing that it is either a part of me i should try to abandon it, or experiment with new feelingS?

leejosepho
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2010, 8:35 am

what if you are ashamed of ... other personalities in your life, and knowing that it is either a part of me i should try to abandon it, or experiment with new feelingS?

Can you be more specific? I would rather not guess or assume much here.

Overall, I strive to be (or to become) someone who "fits the vision" ... and in fact, almost everybody does that in the light of their own "visions" or philosophies or whatever. But anyway, I work to be rid of things about myself that are definitely in conflict with "the vision", at least as I see it, and I try to carefully and methodically "test the waters", so to speak, when I do not know either the purpose of something about myself or whether it is actually good or bad.

fidelis
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2010, 9:52 am

.Can anyone relate to this weird feeling?

A little. I often feel as if something is about to happen. I think the big difference is that while your looking for it, I'm waiting for it. Is it starting to feel a little stronger lately, or is that just me?

P.S. 42

enlightenedshadow44
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

01 Jun 2010, 9:57 am

yes well it does feel stronger lately, it could be one because i am desperately trying to find it , or two my opinion i could say the energies of the earth and coming years that everything is naturally moving fast.. including our impulses to find whatever it is ...

enlightenedshadow44
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

01 Jun 2010, 4:08 pm

well it could be many things.. but first i am going to stick with trying to keep a positive routine and not be pre-occupied with other tasks, it could be getting so close to something but then let everything else just kind of get out of sync and before you know it, this great thing you wanted like a positive routine disappears because you are trying so much to find the truth inside yourself to get back to the routine but just everything else in life you are trying to accomplish!