yes 20%  20%  [ 4 ]
no 30%  30%  [ 6 ]
no 30%  30%  [ 6 ]
Total votes : 20

BraveMurderDay
Toucan
Toucan

23 Mar 2006, 8:13 pm

What is the Christian viewpoint on equality? All humans are equals, born into sin, born with a soul, born deserving of everlasting punishment, born needing Jesus' saving love. God wants all men to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth. These conditions are considered applicable to any human ever to have lived. Regarding those living in foreign lands where Christianity is unknown, it is the job of human workers whom God has called to preach the saving message of Jesus to them. All humans shall have to account for their sin when Jesus returns to judge us. The innocent will inherit eternal life in perfection while the guilty will be eternally tormented.

Various types of Christians with any awareness at all of history and human conditions will RATIONALIZE the inherent contradiction of this supposed equality. The best they can do is minimize the possible horrors of this "equality" by minimizing the importance of the afterlife and judgment. In so doing this, their religion simply becomes one of many paths people can potentially take to cope with uncertainty and pain on this earth, thus, they can no longer credibly claim it to be an essential message. One of the worst things some Christians (including my fellow ones of origin) do is ignore this contradiction. How can they? Because might makes right and seems right when operating under the guise of a perfect loving Creator, a perfect loving Savior who must have humbled himself and suffered immensely for all mankind. What a way to cover up the tyrannical, unjust, immoral god beneath this facade!

We have enough literate people at this point in time in our predominantly Christian communities. It is time for more people of good moral character to read and become educated to the outright lie of egalitarianism in Christianity and reject it!

Postperson
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2006, 9:01 pm

you're geigh.

stevie
Butterfly
Butterfly

23 Mar 2006, 11:11 pm

The innocent will inherit eternal life in perfection while the guilty will be eternally tormented.

Where in the Bible does it talk about eternal torment? The wages of sin is death not torment. Those who don't accept Jesus will perish but will not be tormented.

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2006, 11:31 pm

satan or hell doesn't appear anywhere in the bible. the one part where satan tempts jesus, it's more that jesus is being tempted by evil in general and he uses some generalized term for temptation to get behind him and later translations created the creature satan to represent all evil.

really: the biblical belief is the same as in judaism.....if you believe you live eternally as a spirit afterwards....if you don't, you die and are gone forever....no hell...just gone. oblivion....nothing.

medianmistermustard
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

24 Mar 2006, 12:05 am

Wait, but what does this have to do with you being gay or not?

Nomaken
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2006, 12:37 am

I call you a winged elf.

Bland
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2006, 1:00 pm

Quote: The innocent will inherit eternal life in perfection while the guilty will be eternally tormented.

No one is innocent really: "All of their righteousness is as filthy rags" (Isaiah something)

We are only accepted in Christ and declared righteous by His grace if we believe and accept Him and the way of salvation (or escape) that He provided. That's what the Bible teaches.

The broad concept of equality that you stated is not entirely accurate. Why should everyone be treated exactly the same when we are not all the same? But whatever our opinions are God is the Big Kahuna and He gets to make the rules; not us.

Scrapheap
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2006, 3:01 pm

Bland wrote:
The broad concept of equality that you stated is not entirely accurate. Why should everyone be treated exactly the same when we are not all the same? But whatever our opinions are God is the Big Kahuna and He gets to make the rules; not us.

The problem here is that the rules are contradictory and/or make no sense. Why would god make "mud people" who are lesser than his "chosen" people??

Odda
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

Location: Caught in the depths, and infinite vastness of cyberspace.

17 Apr 2006, 4:12 pm

I fail to see what any of this has to do with being Gay...

paulsinnerchild
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2006, 8:28 pm

Would it is been better is the this topic was headed "Am I a homosexual?" because there is also another more classical definition of the word "gay" like "Showing or characterized by cheerfulness and lighthearted excitement; merry". By that definition of the word I have been gay sometimes.

Bland
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2006, 9:58 pm

Scrapheap wrote: The problem here is that the rules are contradictory and/or make no sense. Why would god make "mud people" who are lesser than his "chosen" people??

to which I reply: And why would people have kids when they know they are going to be brats!?

Scrapheap
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2006, 2:58 pm

Bland wrote:
Scrapheap wrote: The problem here is that the rules are contradictory and/or make no sense. Why would god make "mud people" who are lesser than his "chosen" people??

to which I reply: And why would people have kids when they know they are going to be brats!?

I actually agree with you on that one!! !! :lol:

Odda
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

Location: Caught in the depths, and infinite vastness of cyberspace.

18 Apr 2006, 6:09 pm

My question is this: why would people have kids at all...

Oh right... To preserve the human race... ...and all... ...that crap... S**t...

NeantHumain
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2006, 8:47 pm

Honestly, I didn't read your post, but, yes, I do think you're gay.

Bland
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2006, 10:29 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bland
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2006, 10:32 pm

Odda wrote: My question is this: why would people have kids at all...

Oh right... To preserve the human race... ...and all... ...that crap... S**t...

No. :roll: They just happen to be the byproducts of sex. Now there's the rub! :lol: