Why are so many USA 'Christians' so evil and foolish?

Page 1 of 3 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

maxisunnygirl
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

User avatar

Joined: 10 Aug 2010
Age: 31
Gender: Female
Posts: 33
Location: UK Kent

25 Aug 2010, 10:11 am

Hi guys ad girls, now this is a much deeper post than some of the others I've put up in the past. As some of you may already know, I'm a Christian who actally beileve's in God and (as best as I can) follows His word. However after looking at some websites lately I've been shocked and horrorfied at how many so called 'Chiristians' in the USA are so evil and stuped?

I've even come across a few pages that bash people with AS and Autisum!! !! !!

Now while I know full well that when they die God will send them all to Hell, it does make me so mad that anyone should even consider being a Christian (even though they are not) and go round being evil!


Ta now, and God bless



ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Sep 2008
Age: 84
Gender: Male
Posts: 31,502
Location: New Jersey

25 Aug 2010, 11:00 am

maxisunnygirl wrote:
Hi guys ad girls, now this is a much deeper post than some of the others I've put up in the past. As some of you may already know, I'm a Christian who actally beileve's in God and (as best as I can) follows His word. However after looking at some websites lately I've been shocked and horrorfied at how many so called 'Chiristians' in the USA are so evil and stuped?



Judge not, lest ye be judged.

ruveyn



leejosepho
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 14 Sep 2009
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,011
Location: 200 miles south of Little Rock

25 Aug 2010, 12:10 pm

maxisunnygirl wrote:
Why are so many USA 'Christians' so evil and foolish?


It might be better to ask why so many "evil and foolish" people are nevertheless considered "Christian", or are at least permitted to consider themselves as being "Christian".

Overall, the kind of problem some people have here stems from not realizing the days of Christendom (even in as little as only a national sense) are now over. In other words, it is no longer safe to assume "Christianity" represents any kind of dominant standard anywhere, and it is definitely no longer (if it ever even was) any kind of "global norm". Hence, the term "Christian" and its definition are no longer controlled by anyone other than the masses who would just as soon have it obscured anyway.

maxisunnygirl wrote:
Now while I know full well that when [many so called 'Chiristians'] die God will send them all to Hell ...


Try to be cautious there. It is evil that will be destroyed, and the "reward" for workers of iniquity will mostly just be empti-handedness and the lack of any opportunity to continue on.

maxisunnygirl wrote:
... it does make me so [angry] that anyone should even consider being a Christian ... and go round being evil!


People who have never witnessed others truly displaying love for one another could not possibly know how to actually do that themselves.


_________________
I began looking for someone like me when I was five ...
My search ended at 59 ... right here on WrongPlanet.
==================================


Krusty
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

User avatar

Joined: 28 May 2009
Age: 29
Gender: Male
Posts: 26
Location: Lakeland, FL

25 Aug 2010, 12:45 pm

Christianity is a religion, believe not in the religion, but believe in your savior Jesus Christ.

Most Christians do not understand this concept. It is unfortunate as well that most Christians think "Oh, my family is Christian, so I must be as well". True born-again Christians are not hard to find, but many Christians are judgmental of each other, and this concept you will only fully understand when you realize that some Christians are false Christians.

Jesus teaches us tolerance and tolerance of other beliefs and human beings. Therefore, a born-again Christian would want to live in His footsteps and let Him lead them through life. That being said, an intolerant Christian is not a Christian, but most likely a nay-sayer.



leejosepho
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 14 Sep 2009
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,011
Location: 200 miles south of Little Rock

25 Aug 2010, 12:49 pm

Krusty wrote:
Jesus teaches us tolerance and tolerance of other beliefs and human beings.


I doubt that, but maybe you have some examples?


_________________
I began looking for someone like me when I was five ...
My search ended at 59 ... right here on WrongPlanet.
==================================


IamTheWalrus
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

User avatar

Joined: 20 Apr 2010
Age: 54
Gender: Female
Posts: 380
Location: Utrecht

25 Aug 2010, 12:54 pm

maxisunnygirl wrote:

Now while I know full well that when they die God will send them all to Hell


Ta now, and God bless


Why do you think you are different from the "chiristians" in the USA?



Krusty
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

User avatar

Joined: 28 May 2009
Age: 29
Gender: Male
Posts: 26
Location: Lakeland, FL

25 Aug 2010, 12:57 pm

Tolerance:

1 Peter 3:15

but in your hearts honor Christ the Lord as holy, always being prepared to make a defense to anyone who asks you for a reason for the hope that is in you; yet do it with gentleness and respect,



leejosepho
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 14 Sep 2009
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,011
Location: 200 miles south of Little Rock

25 Aug 2010, 1:08 pm

Krusty wrote:
Tolerance:

1 Peter 3:15

but in your hearts honor Christ the Lord as holy, always being prepared to make a defense to anyone who asks you for a reason for the hope that is in you; yet do it with gentleness and respect,


I now gently and respectfully inform you of this: That says nothing about being tolerant of other beliefs or people.

Nevertheless, I staunchly defend your right to believe as you wish if you might yet disagree with the actual facts of the matter.


_________________
I began looking for someone like me when I was five ...
My search ended at 59 ... right here on WrongPlanet.
==================================


Krusty
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

User avatar

Joined: 28 May 2009
Age: 29
Gender: Male
Posts: 26
Location: Lakeland, FL

25 Aug 2010, 1:16 pm

The Bible can be read as a beautiful poem, hence the many beliefs that are built upon it. Yet in retrospect it teaches that we should not argue with those who point us out to be wrong but to respect them. Now, you are correct that it shows no tolerance, but it does hint at it.

I believe the Father is a merciful one, and not one that would strike down fire upon those living who rebuke Him. I would italicize living if I was affluent enough with message boards to do so. But it appears that I have lost my touch.. I think it is brackets with an "I"?

You see someone objective and so I would wonder what you believe in, and nothing is not an answer, even the staunch atheist believes in existentialism or some other philosophical system.



leejosepho
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 14 Sep 2009
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,011
Location: 200 miles south of Little Rock

25 Aug 2010, 2:01 pm

Krusty wrote:
The Bible can be read as a beautiful poem, hence the many beliefs that are built upon it.


Scripture was not written for that purpose even though people are nevertheless "free", so to speak, to do with it as they wish ... and I have certainly done that myself, even if only by "circumstantial default" for a while after growing up in a KJV cult.

Krusty wrote:
... it teaches that we should not argue with those who point us out to be wrong ...


Iron sharpens iron.

Krusty wrote:
... it shows no tolerance, but it does hint at it.


No. Either our Father in the heavens is sovereign and His "law" (however we might individually perceive it) is absolute, or not.

Krusty wrote:
... the Father is a merciful one, and not one that would strike down fire upon those living who rebuke Him.


I do not know just what you mean there, but no, He is not out stomping around with lightening bolts in His hands.

Krusty wrote:
I would italicize living if I was affluent enough with message boards to do so. But it appears that I have lost my touch.. I think it is brackets with an "I"?


Yes, and with an added "/" preceding the latter "i" within brackets (just like you can see with "quote" and "/quote" while replying.

Krusty wrote:
I would wonder what you believe in ...


"Believe in" is a term I do not use, and that is because I never (any longer) compare or debate the alleged values of religious or sectarian "beliefs". In place of all of that, I simply say this:

We each and all have a measure of faith, and I now place my faith in the One who created us ... and at that point, I simply believe what He has given us to know, and I now "know" certain things since proved true within my own personal experience.

Going back to the issue at hand, and please correct me wherever you might find me wrong:

You likely "believe in 'The Trinity'" and/or at least believe trinity teachings or doctrines or whatever, and I hope you can believe I am not baiting you here ...

If you were to tell me you do (concerning "The Trinity"), I would likely just ask why you do, and if you were to tell me you do not, I would likely just say "Cool!" and possibly mention this:

"... the first and most important article of faith is the shema, that YHWH is one, and there is only one YHWH. I have learned from experience that unless that most basic point is agreed upon there can be no right fellowship. It is the most basic truth of our faith." (Mountain Jew, a friend)

There is nothing Scriptural about "tolerating" trinity teachings, yet neither is there anything scriptural about tearing into people who might yet cling to them. So in that sense, yes, we should be "tolerant of other people" in the same way shown to "the woman at the well".


_________________
I began looking for someone like me when I was five ...
My search ended at 59 ... right here on WrongPlanet.
==================================


PHISHA51
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

User avatar

Joined: 24 Jul 2010
Age: 28
Gender: Male
Posts: 431
Location: USA

27 Aug 2010, 10:06 am

[quote="maxisunnygirl"]Hi guys ad girls, now this is a much deeper post than some of the others I've put up in the past. As some of you may already know, I'm a Christian who actally beileve's in God and (as best as I can) follows His word. However after looking at some websites lately I've been shocked and horrorfied at how many so called 'Chiristians' in the USA are so evil and stuped?

I've even come across a few pages that bash people with AS and Autisum!! !! !!

Now while I know full well that when they die God will send them all to Hell, it does make me so mad that anyone should even consider being a Christian (even though they are not) and go round being evil!


Ta now, and God bless[/quote

Christianity in the USA has pretty much gone through an identity crises. You have some people say their christian because their family member is one, or that they go to church once in a while. For those reasons, they throw the name "christian" around too loosely even though you have to be a born again believer in Jesus Christ to do so. Another reason could be that some Christians let their emotions get to them when they fear a certain situation, or that they have too much pride in them that they always have the "I'm right you're wrong attitude". Its probably the political atmosphere that has stirred up the hating USA Christians.
That is what you see on the news, but you don't see or hear any Christians out there actually doing Gods work by helping the poor, adopting, and saving souls. In fact, they still might be doing it right now. Keep in mind that the news barely shows the good stuff.

Hope this helps and God bless you too.


_________________
ADHD-PDD/NOS//AS (I am a friend and a menace to society)
Autism, is it in you?


leejosepho
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 14 Sep 2009
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,011
Location: 200 miles south of Little Rock

27 Aug 2010, 10:35 am

PHISHA51 wrote:
... they throw the name "christian" around too loosely even though you have to be a born again believer in Jesus Christ to do so.


There was no such definition even in existence when the first "followers of 'The Way'" were called "Christians" as a slur.


_________________
I began looking for someone like me when I was five ...
My search ended at 59 ... right here on WrongPlanet.
==================================


PHISHA51
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

User avatar

Joined: 24 Jul 2010
Age: 28
Gender: Male
Posts: 431
Location: USA

27 Aug 2010, 10:42 am

leejosepho wrote:
PHISHA51 wrote:
... they throw the name "christian" around too loosely even though you have to be a born again believer in Jesus Christ to do so.


There was no such definition even in existence when the first "followers of 'The Way'" were called "Christians" as a slur.


True. I agree.


_________________
ADHD-PDD/NOS//AS (I am a friend and a menace to society)
Autism, is it in you?


Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 2 Jul 2004
Age: 41
Gender: Male
Posts: 42,373
Location: Houston, Texas

27 Aug 2010, 1:46 pm

How do you define evil and foolish?


_________________
Who’s better at math than a robot? They’re made of math!


AngelRho
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Jan 2008
Age: 42
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,173
Location: The Landmass between N.O. and Mobile

27 Aug 2010, 6:26 pm

Krusty wrote:
Tolerance:

1 Peter 3:15

but in your hearts honor Christ the Lord as holy, always being prepared to make a defense to anyone who asks you for a reason for the hope that is in you; yet do it with gentleness and respect,


"Gentleness and respect" do NOT mean "tolerance."

Christians are called upon to discern the truth about what God wants and the difference between good and evil.

Even though Christian Gentiles are "free from the Law," we are still called to obey certain commands that even Jesus established. For example, we are not to tolerate idolatry. In ANY form. The OT very carefully and SPECIFICALLY outlines what is meant by idolatrous practices, and idolatry by extension can mean an number of things in today's context, including "the work of our hands" (a similar concept was laid out by one of the OT "minor prophets").

"Tolerance" is a buzz word TYPICALLY used by homosexuals who demand legitimacy for the sins they commit without regard for possible consequences to others who believe otherwise. The OT condemns it as related to idolatry, and the NT echoes it as most certainly being a sin.

"Gentleness and respect" simply mean that we Christians are to win the hearts and minds of unbelievers, to reach out to sinners and to pull them from their sin and show them how God wishes to reconcile himself with them, despite the fact neither we nor they deserve reconciliation with God. Note I said "sinners," referring to ALL people and not a specific type of sin/sinner. We are to show the "gentleness" of Jesus in so doing, treating all people the same way we wish to be treated. By NO MEANS should we "tolerate" or "accept" aberrant behaviors as acceptable or pleasing to God. Rather we should weigh the behaviors and beliefs of the world against God's word as given to us through the Law, the Writings, the Prophets, the Gospels, and the Epistles (i.e. the Bible). We should also pray that the Spirit guide us and help us in our understanding. "Gentleness and respect" just mean don't round up sinners with torches and pitchforks. It does NOT indicate that we are to condone such things that are to be regarded as sinful.



ChrisVulcan
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

User avatar

Joined: 26 Feb 2010
Gender: Female
Posts: 361
Location: United States

27 Aug 2010, 10:08 pm

Because jerks respect no boundaries.