Meadow
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2010, 11:56 pm

Chronos wrote:
Meadow wrote:
If I can survive, anyone can.

Except those who didn't.

I was one of those who didn't more than once, trust me!

Meadow
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2010, 12:01 am

nara44 wrote:
Meadow wrote:
nara44 wrote:
Meadow wrote:
I don't feel sorry for anyone, except for animals.

I feel sorry for you

I'm sorry if you took what I said personally. I have been through a lot and have reason to say whatever I do. Nothing whatsoever to do with you.

No,
I didn't took it personally and since i believe i shared some and understand some of the horrors u may experinced from the hand of the so called "humanity" i really feel sorry for you,
The most apealing fact of my work as a programmer is that it saves me from the necessity of being with and communicating with people
For most part of my life i went to really great length in order to avoid human beings
I prefer complete isolation to the alternative and i wasn't born this way.

I understand what you're saying. I had a brain injury when I was born which caused my autism and then I was subjected to all manner of atrocity on a minute by minute basis until I was able to get out of the environment and my adult life has been extremely challenged and difficult, as well. I don't however need anyone to feel sorry for me though. I have done amazingly well, considering. I keep myself pretty isolated too, for good reason, and wasn't born that way either. :)

Sallamandrina
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2010, 12:54 am

Chronos wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:
i couldn't go and watch that. sorry. i've had too many homeless friends, it breaks my heart. my daughter also now has 2 friends who are homeless. i want to pull them in close and care for them, but it isn't just my house. so i do what i can. one of her friends is getting on his feet.

canada and the u.s. have the highest rates of homelessness in the developed world. it is shameful.

If that is the case it is only because other countries consider shacks and huts proper homes.

Like those savages in Scandinavia? :wink:

SpiceWolf
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2010, 2:34 am

ruveyn wrote:
Is there anyone here willing to buy a house for a homeless person?
ruveyn

It's a mistake to think that homelessness is purely about shelter.
Many people don't need houses as much as they need a home.

L.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2010, 6:24 am

SpiceWolf wrote:
ruveyn wrote:
ruveyn

L.

Do you wish to share your house and home with an unwashed bum?

ruveyn

quiet_dove
Toucan
Toucan

28 Sep 2010, 9:21 am

ruveyn wrote:
SpiceWolf wrote:
ruveyn wrote:
ruveyn

L.

Do you wish to share your house and home with an unwashed bum?

ruveyn

I personally would be willing to do that. I just wouldn't be able to do it yet since I still live with my parents and they'd disapprove of it. Once I live on my own, though, I plan on opening my doors to anyone who needs a place to stay. (Sure, that may be gullible of me, but I'd rather be gullible and caring than be suspicious and uncaring.)

Last edited by quiet_dove on 28 Sep 2010, 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2010, 9:22 am

quiet_dove wrote:
I personally would be willing to do that. You see, I, unlike you, am actually a good person, and I'm able to actually love others.

What you do with your house is your business. What I don't do with my house is my business.

What is mine is mine. What is yours is yours.

ruveyn

quiet_dove
Toucan
Toucan

28 Sep 2010, 9:23 am

ruveyn wrote:
quiet_dove wrote:
I personally would be willing to do that. You see, I, unlike you, am actually a good person, and I'm able to actually love others.

What you do with your house is your business. What I don't do with my house is my business.

What is mine is mine. What is yours is yours.

ruveyn

What does that have to do with what I just said?

MotherKnowsBest
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2010, 9:32 am

Not all homeless people live on the streets. I was homeless with my newborn daughter for the first 6 months of her life after escaping from an abusive relationship a week before she was born. We had to move from shelter to shelter. It was horrible and left me very insecure and with a need to hoard things, just in case.

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2010, 9:45 am

MotherKnowsBest wrote:
Not all homeless people live on the streets. I was homeless with my newborn daughter for the first 6 months of her life after escaping from an abusive relationship a week before she was born. We had to move from shelter to shelter. It was horrible and left me very insecure and with a need to hoard things, just in case.

((((hugs))))

this is a good explanation as to why one-size-fits-all "make work" programs are not necessarily realistic. the dea of a new mom with a baby shoveling human waste for a jobis frankly not reasonable.

nara44
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2010, 10:06 am

quiet_dove wrote:
I personally would be willing to do that. I just wouldn't be able to do it yet since I still live with my parents and they'd disapprove of it. Once I live on my own, though, I plan on opening my doors to anyone who needs a place to stay. (Sure, that may be gullible of me, but I'd rather be gullible and caring than be suspicious and uncaring.)

Very nice of you,i actually shared my house with an homeless person for a while and it was ok
Perhaps because i'm not particular territorial or possessive and being Autistic i basically live in my own bubble so we never talked or have anything to do with each other
She needs a shelter and food that i was able to provide with no problem and we both kept to our private life(Many homeless tend to be very very private) and when after few months she got better she left without us ever exchanging more than few necessary words
I do not even knows her name and i do not care

MotherKnowsBest
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2010, 10:24 am

I think you have to be very careful before opening up your home to complete strangers. People are homeless for all sorts of reasons and may have issues far beyond what you are equiped to deal with. Also Asperger's can mean that you are very, vulnerable to being taken advantage of and people with addiction problems are extremely manipulative. That said, if someone 'safe' needed somewhere to stay, I'd take them in without a second thought.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2010, 12:13 am

in america, there are still legions of right-wing folk who believe that charity per se is a bad idea, because they believe that "feeding stray animals" only makes for more "stray animals." IOW they believe "strays" should just be left to starve, so the rest of society is not bothered by their presense.

Horus
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2010, 1:57 am

ruveyn wrote:
Is there anyone here willing to share his house with a homeless person? Is there anyone here willing to buy a house for a homeless person? If not, then be still.

ruveyn

I already did once and the only reason I couldn't let him stay longer than I did is because I was supporting myself, my girlfriend and him all at the time on my own very meager income. Thus.....we all would've starved if had let him stay. I can't afford to buy my own house let alone buy a homeless person one. Not all progressives are merely armchair ones you know. Just like not all conservatives are greedy, sociopathic and sadistic ghouls like you. :wink:

Horus
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2010, 2:04 am

hyperlexian wrote:
ruveyn wrote:
At the risk of sounding crass and heartless I will ask: what have the homeless done for me lately?

ruveyn
hopefully, exposed your conscience to an important message about humanity.

I have strong doubts that he has a conscience. After all, we are talking about a man who truly seems to believe the Japanese didn't suffer enough from the Hiroshima/Nagasaki bombings and that 99% of them should've been killed off.

Horus
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2010, 2:09 am

ruveyn wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:
hopefully, exposed your conscience to an important message about humanity.

Screw that. Will it add a day to my lifespan? Will it help me lose a pound? Will it add a dollar to my income? What is the use?

ruveyn[/quote

hyperlexian.....I rest my case ^ :roll: