Page 5 of 13 [ 196 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 13  Next

quiet_dove
Toucan
Toucan

28 Sep 2010, 9:19 am

ikorack wrote:
quiet_dove wrote:
ikorack wrote:
@quiet_dove borders have as much meaning and purpose as words.

How so?

words represent ideas as do borders. borders communicate that a section of land is a nations/governments.

But what would be so bad about getting rid of borders altogether and letting everyone just live together? Sure, there would be some initial violence and anger, but I'm sure that that wouldn't last forever, and people would eventually learn to get along with each other.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2010, 9:21 am

quiet_dove wrote:
ikorack wrote:
quiet_dove wrote:
ikorack wrote:

How so?

words represent ideas as do borders. borders communicate that a section of land is a nations/governments.

But what would be so bad about getting rid of borders altogether and letting everyone just live together? Sure, there would be some initial violence and anger, but I'm sure that that wouldn't last forever, and people would eventually learn to get along with each other.

Keep the door to your house open or unlocked at all times. See what happens to your stuff.

ruveyn

quiet_dove
Toucan
Toucan

28 Sep 2010, 9:28 am

ruveyn wrote:
quiet_dove wrote:
ikorack wrote:
quiet_dove wrote:
ikorack wrote:

How so?

Keep the door to your house open or unlocked at all times. See what happens to your stuff.

ruveyn

I often keep the door to my house unlocked, and no one has ever taken advantage of that and stolen anything. Not all neighborhoods are dangerous, you know. Nor are all human beings inherently untrustworthy.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2010, 9:29 am

quiet_dove wrote:

I often keep the door to my house unlocked, and no one has ever taken advantage of that and stolen anything. Not all neighborhoods are dangerous, you know. Nor are all human beings inherently untrustworthy.

It is the untrustworthy ones we have to worry about. That is why we have locks and latches.

ruveyn

quiet_dove
Toucan
Toucan

28 Sep 2010, 9:30 am

ruveyn wrote:
quiet_dove wrote:

It is the untrustworthy ones we have to worry about. That is why we have locks and latches.

ruveyn

But not everyone is untrustworthy, so why not just assume that all strangers are inherently trustworthy than assume that they're untrustworthy? I mean, do you think that I'm untrustworthy simply because I'm a stranger to you?

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2010, 9:36 am

quiet_dove wrote:
s untrustworthy, so why not just assume that all strangers are inherently trustworthy than assume that they're untrustworthy? I mean, do you think that I'm untrustworthy simply because I'm a stranger to you?

I assure you, I don't think about you at all.

ruveyn

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2010, 9:39 am

hyperlexian wrote:
okay, come on over to canada! we like when people immigrate and bring their skills with them. our country is a richer place because of generations of immigrants.

p.s. aren't most americans descended from immigrants also? why should it be harder to immigrate now than 200 years ago? you're ancestors had no greater right to be here than illegal mexicans (unless you are 100% native american). and lots of canadian and american ancestors sneaked illegally into canada and the u.s. over the last few hundred years.

Even "100% native americans" once also immigrated and colonized these lands.

ikorack
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2010, 9:40 am

quiet_dove wrote:
ikorack wrote:
quiet_dove wrote:
ikorack wrote:

How so?

Because then we would have to worry(as much) about the whole world as we do our own country, and we couldn't support that with our current government nor any other government that currently exists. For a world government we would have to be able to live in the same society as every other human being on this planet and that is just not possible and i seriously doubt it ever will be.

quiet_dove wrote:
ruveyn wrote:
quiet_dove wrote:

ruveyn

But not everyone is untrustworthy, so why not just assume that all strangers are inherently trustworthy than assume that they're untrustworthy? I mean, do you think that I'm untrustworthy simply because I'm a stranger to you?

don't acknowledge the reason that we have the need of borders and then act like it doesn't exist. the untrustworthy are the dangerous ones and just because some/most/whatever many people are good does not eliminate the fact that there a're harmful and/or dangerous people out there

quiet_dove
Toucan
Toucan

28 Sep 2010, 9:42 am

ruveyn wrote:
quiet_dove wrote:
s untrustworthy, so why not just assume that all strangers are inherently trustworthy than assume that they're untrustworthy? I mean, do you think that I'm untrustworthy simply because I'm a stranger to you?

I assure you, I don't think about you at all.

ruveyn

So to you, I'm just text on a screen? You don't think at all about who I must be as a human being, even though you know for a fact that I am human? You'd rather just pretend that I'm a robot than actually admit that I, like you, am a human being, and thus, you and I share something in common?

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2010, 9:46 am

quiet_dove wrote:
So to you, I'm just text on a screen? You don't think at all about who I must be as a human being, even though you know for a fact that I am human? You'd rather just pretend that I'm a robot than actually admit that I, like you, am a human being, and thus, you and I share something in common?

I think you are beginning to Get It.

ruveyn

John_Browning
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2010, 10:07 am

ruveyn wrote:
quiet_dove wrote:

ruveyn
:lmao:

"A fear of weapons is a sign of ret*d sexual and emotional maturity."
-Sigmund Freud

quiet_dove
Toucan
Toucan

28 Sep 2010, 12:58 pm

ruveyn wrote:
quiet_dove wrote:

ruveyn

So not only are you hateful, cold, and unfeeling, but you're also delusional, too, to the point where you think that I'm not a human being. Wow. You need some serious psychological help.

ikorack
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2010, 1:19 pm

It could be said that your idealistic to an extreme that makes you a danger to yourself at the very least. Do not go stating judgments on other peoples mental well being its rude.

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2010, 1:34 pm

quiet_dove wrote:
ruveyn wrote:
quiet_dove wrote:

ruveyn

So not only are you hateful, cold, and unfeeling, but you're also delusional, too, to the point where you think that I'm not a human being. Wow. You need some serious psychological help.

No, this is just a linguistic effect of correspondence-only communication. You're probably a human being, but as for myself I'm a parakeet.

Hanotaux
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 Sep 2010, 2:42 pm

Quote:
@Hanotaux... we are speaking of illegal immigrants to united states, most of whom are hispanic. you do realize that most hispanic people are white?

No they aren't ^

Although for some time, it was attempted to just classify Hispanics and Mestizos as 'White' to really conceal the true level of 'change.' 'Lets just call Hispanics 'White' and be done with it...........'

Quote:
Wow, your racism is disgusting. Whether you like it or not, black people are just as human as white people, and thus, they deserve just as much of your love and respect as white people do. Seriously, quit it with the hatred already and learn to love everyone equally, since we're all inherently equal in the sense that we're all human beings.

I see no good reason, and loads of obvious inherent danger that would result from 'loving' all of these crazy and violent people with primordial lifestyles.

Allowing these strange cultures into your proximity and making your person and assets accessable to them is a terrible folly and risk, to say the least.

quiet_dove
Toucan
Toucan

28 Sep 2010, 5:22 pm

Hanotaux wrote:
I see no good reason, and loads of obvious inherent danger that would result from 'loving' all of these crazy and violent people with primordial lifestyles.

Allowing these strange cultures into your proximity and making your person and assets accessable to them is a terrible folly and risk, to say the least.

I've met (and befriended) many black people, and none of them lived "primordial lifestyles." In fact, two of my professors at the college I just graduated from were black, yet they were quite intelligent and wise. Seriously, stop pretending that all black people act in exactly the same way. Just because the black people in Africa still live tribal lifestyles doesn't mean that all black people (including the black people who live in first-world nations) do that.

Not that there's anything wrong with tribal lifestyles, that is. Just because the lifestyles of black people in Africa differ from our lifestyles here in America doesn't mean that our lifestyles are right and theirs are wrong. After all, "different" doesn't always equal "bad" or "wrong."

Also, I'm just curious, but, have you even ever befriended a black person before? If not, then what makes you think that all black people are inherently untrustworthy?

Last edited by quiet_dove on 28 Sep 2010, 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.