6 Secret Monopolies You Didn't Know Run the World

Page 1 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2010, 1:27 am

Another great, interesting piece from the people at Cracked. Includes all the big hitters like InBev, Monsanto, Quanta. A great, illuminating read if you're not familiar with just how not-free the market really is with products.

http://www.cracked.com/article_18845_6- ... world.html

?I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but they've always worked for me.? - Hunter S. Thompson

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2010, 5:39 am

there are entities behind those entities which make them seem like mere puppets.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2010, 7:31 am

auntblabby wrote:
there are entities behind those entities which make them seem like mere puppets.

So how to you know who or what they are?

ruveyn

Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2010, 9:09 am

Cracked is such an funny website.

Was not spoken of the soul.

number5
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2010, 9:41 am

91 wrote:
Cracked is such an funny website.

Most good comedy comes from actual tragedy. A sense of humor becomes very important in these types of situations. If we can't laugh, we'll cry.

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2010, 2:31 pm

auntblabby wrote:

You mean like the Builderberg Group?

?I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but they've always worked for me.? - Hunter S. Thompson

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2010, 2:40 pm

It's really the Umbrella Company which is going to screw everything up. They're making zombies. :twisted:

Asmodeus
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2010, 3:32 pm

Interesting, thanks.

Thankfully I don't own sunglasses, a cat, corn or corn containing products nor a laptop. Given I bought my pc parts seperately I know their manufacturers. In addition I avoid tv and it's related music, and when I drink I enjoy scotch. Am I free?

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2010, 11:36 pm

skafather84 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

fox, for example-
http://www.prwatch.org/prwissues/1998Q2/foxbgh.html

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2010, 1:04 am

Asmodeus wrote:
Interesting, thanks.

Thankfully I don't own sunglasses, a cat, corn or corn containing products nor a laptop. Given I bought my pc parts seperately I know their manufacturers. In addition I avoid tv and it's related music, and when I drink I enjoy scotch. Am I free?

Probably not. Corn is used in a ton of products...not just food products. It's also used for ethynol, the glue for letters and stamps, and a ton of other industrial uses.

I'm surprised that I've been able to avoid InBev's monopoly. I just don't drink any of those beers.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2010, 9:11 am

skafather84 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

The Builderberger notion is the socially acceptable version of the Learned Elders of Zion.

ruveyn

number5
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2010, 9:11 am

skafather84 wrote:
Asmodeus wrote:
Interesting, thanks.

Probably not. Corn is used in a ton of products...not just food products. It's also used for ethynol, the glue for letters and stamps, and a ton of other industrial uses.

I'm surprised that I've been able to avoid InBev's monopoly. I just don't drink any of those beers.

There was a huge Budweiser plant in the town I used to live in and when InBev bought it out (along with Bud), they fought their tax assessment and got their taxes reduced by 90%. They held the town hostage by saying that they'd simply close the plant if their tax levy wasn't reduced which scared the crap out of the residents because they employed over 800 of them. The town caved and granted their wish, even though the purchase price was evidence alone that their desired assessment was nothing short of robbery. Needless to say, our property taxes spiked up dramatically.

So, even though I don't drink, I got f*cked by InBev.

eggshellbluesky
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

28 Nov 2010, 9:38 am

auntblabby wrote:

Yet the entities behind the entities behind the entities are far more terrible...

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2010, 12:01 pm

eggshellbluesky wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

Yet the entities behind the entities behind the entities are far more terrible...

But worst of all are the entities behind the entities behind the entities behind the entities.

They do not want us to find them out.

ruveyn

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2010, 1:04 pm

ruveyn wrote:
skafather84 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

The Builderberger notion is the socially acceptable version of the Learned Elders of Zion.

ruveyn

What do you mean? The Builderberger meetings do exist and they're done under lock and no information is ever released by them about what is discussed. The Learned Elders of Zion are a fictional group.

number5
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2010, 1:24 pm

skafather84 wrote:
ruveyn wrote:
skafather84 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

ruveyn

What do you mean? The Builderberger meetings do exist and they're done under lock and no information is ever released by them about what is discussed. The Learned Elders of Zion are a fictional group.

I think I'm with ruveyn on this one. I know the Bilderberger Group is real, but I'm not buying the whole NWO nonsense. As a general rule of thumb, if it's on that Conspiracy Theory show with Jesse Ventura, it's probably a load of nonsense.