Page 1 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Captain_Brown
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2006, 1:24 pm

Never ever be ashamed of yourself. This is how god wanted you to be on Earth. I think being ashamed of yourself is a horrible sin.

Vinzer
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2006, 2:53 pm

...A horrible sin? So being ashamed of myself will result in me burning in hell? Wow, God is a total chode.

Captain_Brown
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2006, 3:03 pm

Excuze Me, I meant being ashamed that you had Autism.

Scrapheap
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2006, 12:45 am

God WANTED me to have Autisim?? WHAT A G*D D*#,MNED MOTHER F#*KING CHODE!! !! !! !

a1kemi
Raven
Raven

13 Jul 2006, 6:52 am

I'm pretty sure one thing God didn't want was for people to define him with the implications of what other people said about him. Funny how much that happens these days. Noone but yourself can define for you what God is like or if he/she actually exists.

When I was younger I used to blame God for making me so different. Now I realise the hard part comes from society's short-commings and I thank God that I'm not just another sheep. I'm not ashamed and I don't think any "neuro-divergent" people should be.
:wink:

Tekneek
Toucan
Toucan

13 Jul 2006, 7:05 am

Scrapheap wrote:
God WANTED me to have Autisim?? WHAT A G*D D*#,MNED MOTHER F#*KING CHODE!! !! !! !

Indeed. And you should thank this God for it, as well? No thanks. It's like saying children with cancer, or genetic diseases that kill them, should thank God for it.

Xuincherguixe
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2006, 7:23 am

Most of us actually are glad we have Asperger's Syndrome from what I've gathered.

Tekneek
Toucan
Toucan

13 Jul 2006, 7:34 am

Xuincherguixe wrote:
Most of us actually are glad we have Asperger's Syndrome from what I've gathered.

That may be, but some people have a much harder life than others simply because of being on the spectrum. If there was a God that intentionally put them through that, I'm NOT impressed.

a1kemi
Raven
Raven

13 Jul 2006, 9:06 am

Tekneek wrote:
Xuincherguixe wrote:

That may be, but some people have a much harder life than others simply because of being on the spectrum. If there was a God that intentionally put them through that, I'm NOT impressed.

If God were the bringer of suffering wouldn't he then be the devil, thus rendering any accusation against God erronius?

If we blame God for our problems should we then thank the devil for the solutions?

Tekneek
Toucan
Toucan

13 Jul 2006, 9:34 am

a1kemi wrote:
If God were the bringer of suffering wouldn't he then be the devil, thus rendering any accusation against God erronius?

If we blame God for our problems should we then thank the devil for the solutions?

You can turn that around too, as you know. According to my understanding of Christianity, there must be God and Satan. It seems strange that God is only responsible for the good things. It doesn't add up to what I was taught in church as a kid.

I was once told that God was all-powerful, all-knowing, and all-loving. Of course, that would mean that God is responsible for all the things that happen that appear to be beyond our control. Such as, children born with disease/sickness that cannot be directly linked to actions of the parents. Even if we presume that "the devil" did that, God would be sufficiently powerful enough to take care of the problem...if God simply wanted to.

Mordy
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Jul 2006, 2:35 pm

Tekneek wrote:
a1kemi wrote:

You can turn that around too, as you know. According to my understanding of Christianity, there must be God and Satan. It seems strange that God is only responsible for the good things. It doesn't add up to what I was taught in church as a kid.

I was once told that God was all-powerful, all-knowing, and all-loving. Of course, that would mean that God is responsible for all the things that happen that appear to be beyond our control. Such as, children born with disease/sickness that cannot be directly linked to actions of the parents. Even if we presume that "the devil" did that, God would be sufficiently powerful enough to take care of the problem...if God simply wanted to.

Unfortunately most christians aren't christian, and according to the bible god is responsible for everything, and satan is not a supernatural being, it is the personification of evil in mankind.

Scrapheap
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2006, 2:52 pm

Mordy wrote:
Unfortunately most christians aren't christian, and according to the bible god is responsible for everything, and satan is not a supernatural being, it is the personification of evil in mankind.

That's a Medieval invention. According to Jewish tradition, Satan is the accuser of mankind (as evidenced in the story of Job). Basically, in Celestial court, God is the Judge and Satan is the District Attorney (prosecution).

a1kemi
Raven
Raven

13 Jul 2006, 9:18 pm

I agree with that. Apparently the devil was a late arrival in judaism but just in time to get a mention in christianity. They say the whole dualist approach and even the plethora of angels and demons came from zoroastrianism.
I think that simplifying things into good and evil is a misinterpretation of christianity. We have the Romans and their religious manipulation to thank for that. I believe that when Rome converted to christianity they actually assimilated it into their current belief structure. It's probably mithraism with christian content wrapped around it. Also maybe some of the cult of isis that came in through the trade routes but that's another story.
It isn't strange that god is responsible for all the good things while the devil is responsible for all the bad because that's what those archetypes stand for in dualistic beliefs. If anyone doesn't like deviding reality up like that then they don't need to. I believe the bible paints a different picture than most christians and their opponents do.

And for anyone who just can't get over how bad christianity is:
It's not worth lamenting over a religion that has no authority anymore. You're not going to be burned at the stake for bagging out christianity so jumping on that bandwagon doesn't make anyone brave. Both the renaisance and the enlightenment finished that job just fine. The world moved on over a centuary ago, didn't you get the memo?

Aeturnus
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2006, 12:29 am

Tekneek wrote:

Satan was created by the religious fanatics so that there was someone to blame for God's mistakes. In other words, even the ultra religious people knew the world was chaotic. They knew that no matter how badly they wanted God to exist, there would be those things that they in no way ever wanted to attribute to God, such as murder and mayhem. So, they invented the concept of Hell.

Religious fanatics are sort of like some aspies. They like to categorize things into neat categories, good (God) and bad (Satan). To further add to this, religious fanatics want humanity to toe their rule-oriented line, almost to the point that they come off somewhat obsessive-compulsive.

If you think about it, the aspie bug exists in all of humanity. It's just that we tend to have more bugs within us.

- Ray M -

Aeturnus
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2006, 12:41 am

Scrapheap wrote:

Well, actually, in a strange sort of way, yes ... There is a reason why we aspies exist, I think. Of course, I think it may have more to do with natural selection or something than with God, per se, but think about it for a minute.

Where would the world be without aspies? Or at least people without high-functioning learning disabilities? Where would the world be without Einstein?

It's probably the lack of aspies as the reason the world's such a mess. We have gifts that are probably unexplored. Many of us are high-functioning, but we are set back because of standards set forth by the overwhelmingly NT world. Apparently, the systems NTs have created were not geared for people like us, and we tend to have trouble putting our gifts to practical uses.

See, NTs are far more social. We are not. We either focus on the little details or the whole big picture. NTs focus more on how it all relates to people. We focus on the systematic and technical side of things. I am not just talking about aspies, however. There are a variety of learning difficulties, from ADHD to whatever, whom have this hidden intelligence. And there are probably some NTs who have a different brain chemistry who go ignored as well. Most genius types are said to be a biological anomaly. I'm not saying that we are all genius, or that we should consider ourselves as such, but that it is a known fact that we aspies are technically efficient. What are we doing stocking shelves all day long? Or working in a mailroom all day long? Makes absolutely no sense to me.

It's not that we're special, but that our gifts tend to go ignored. It's up to us to make ourselves known.

- Ray M -

Xuincherguixe
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2006, 12:45 am

Tekneek wrote:

I think it's a lot more complicated than 'simply' because of the spectrum.

God is not inflicting the suffering, other people are.