Page 9 of 27 [ 418 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 27  Next

03 Oct 2012, 3:45 pm

Mummy_of_Peanut wrote:
BTW As I type this, the majority of people in the UK are worrying about the safety of a 5yr old girl, who was abducted on Monday. The police have a suspect, but we don't know what has happened to her yet. If anyone is wondering why people get hysterical about paedophiles, this is the reason.

EXACTLY!! !

@donnie_darko:

How you imagine being violated(sexually) to feel like is very different from how it would actually feel like if it was done to you IRL. I guarantee it. I certainly wouldn't wish this upon you but I hope that you'll understand why this is not something to take lightly.
I accept your apology, but I thought that your comments were unfair and insensitive to people who have been raped(either in childhood or adulthood).

donnie_darko
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2012, 3:48 pm

That's really sad how it changed both of you that way. :( I hope you don't think life isn't worthwhile because of it?

donnie_darko
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2012, 3:54 pm

AspieRogue wrote:
How you imagine being violated(sexually) to feel like is very different from how it would actually feel like if it was done to you IRL. I guarantee it. I certainly wouldn't wish this upon you but I hope that you'll understand why this is not something to take lightly.
I accept your apology, but I thought that your comments were unfair and insensitive to people who have been raped(either in childhood or adulthood).

Well, come to think of it, I have a story.

A few months ago, someone threw an egg at me from their car. It hurt a little bit, I actually for a second half thought I had been shot though the pain wasn't that severe. I then realized there were eggshells and yolk in my hair. The person who threw it yelled 'f*ck you' to me.

I remember blaming myself, thinking maybe I had jaywalked and cut someone off (I hadn't, but I'm not the best street crosser so :lol: ) and feeling really dirty and ashamed. I kinda felt like crying and for the next couple hours felt really bad about myself and angry. I'm not saying that compares to being raped but it sort of did make me understand a little bit why people blame themselves for bad things that happen to them. It was a degrading experience but nothing compared to rape yes, I imagine if I were raped I'd feel much worse than I did and for much longer, maybe even for a year or two. But I'm a pretty tough person and I think eventually I would more or less get over it.

puddingmouse
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2012, 4:07 pm

donnie_darko wrote:
That's really sad how it changed both of you that way. :( I hope you don't think life isn't worthwhile because of it?

No. I just think no-one should have to go through it. Like MOP, my sexual side of my abuse was minor. I know a boy who was raped when he was 5 and it ruined the whole rest of his childhood, even though he'd blocked it from his mind. It plays in your subconscious.

donnie_darko
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2012, 4:13 pm

puddingmouse wrote:

No. I just think no-one should have to go through it. Like MOP, my sexual side of my abuse was minor. I know a boy who was raped when he was 5 and it ruined the whole rest of his childhood, even though he'd blocked it from his mind. It plays in your subconscious.

Of course nobody should have to go through it. It's very sad. I'm just saying like, I think if someone cut off his arm, that would f*ck him up even more than being raped would, I mean it's not like you wouldn't replay something that traumatic in your head as well. Of course, being raped at 5 is probably very painful as well as humiliating, which would make it even worse.

My stepfather beat me a lot, but never abused me sexually and I think it also changed me. I don't think what I went through is any more trivial than minor sexual abuse.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2012, 4:38 pm

I had a creepy relative try to cop a feel of me once. I was seven,he was about 60.No way that's right.No one had ever talked to me about what to do in a situation like that so I never told anyone.I just made sure I was never alone with him again.It definitely caused me a lot of anxiety.As a teenager I was rebellious and wound up on juvenile hall a few times and eventually the state hospital.I'll spare you the details but there are way to many sexual predators in these facilities who target young troubled girls and boys.You don't say anthing because no one will believe you,your a delinquent or "crazy"so your word is not credible.
If I hadn't been blessed with a sweet Dad I would think that all men were creeps, he died when I was seven.I was lucky to have him as an example.
But I'll be honest,of I caught someone trying to harm or molest a young defenseless child.I'm going to do everything in my power to take them down.Legally or physically.I educated my children,don't let people touch you in private areas,if someone does something you think is wrong or makes you uncomfortable,tell someone.
I've often wondered about the Santas at malls,what adult really wants to hold strange ,squirmy ,sometimes stinky kids all day.I don't,not even for pay.

puddingmouse
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2012, 4:40 pm

I'm not in the business of playing 'my trauma is bigger than yours'. I was physically abused as well, but I don't compare. Abuse survivors should be treated as individual cases.

donnie_darko
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2012, 4:44 pm

puddingmouse wrote:
I'm not in the business of playing 'my trauma is bigger than yours'. I was physically abused as well, but I don't compare. Abuse survivors should be treated as individual cases.

I agree.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2012, 4:59 pm

ErniePringle,is your real last name Sandusky?

Giftorcurse
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2012, 7:41 pm

I sent him a PM and he has NOT responded.

LKL
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2012, 12:22 am

AspieRogue wrote:
LKL wrote:
AspieRogue wrote:
LKL wrote:
See the above posts. Boys may not be able to get pregnant, but I talked about physical and psychological aspects.

Quite honestly, they are very different for boys than they are for girls. Especially given that women have to cope with the bio/physiological consequences of sex whereas men really don't unless they contract a venereal disease. Most underage boys who have sex with adult women seldom regret it. In fact, if I had been offered sex as a teenager with an adult woman who I thought was sexy, well, quite frankly I would not have refused(though knowing me I'd have insisted that she supply me with a jimmy :lol:). Sometimes teenage boys do regret having sex with someone; as do adult men. But I am cynical of claims that underage boys are somehow "overpowered" by adult women who they sleep with when it happens. Often it's the boy who initiates and the woman who accepts.

I don't think that teen boys are 'overpowered' by their assailants; frequently, teen girls are not 'overpowered,' either, and participate enthusiastically. It's still statutory rape for a 15 year old to have sex with a 25 year old because the 15 year old isn't yet capable of understanding the consequences of their actions. If a 15 year old boy has unprotected sex with a 25 year old woman, do you really think he understands the significance of becoming a father?
Adults who prey on children often promise them everlasting love and tell the child how 'mature' they are, how they're 'different' and 'better' than all of their friends, but the adult isn't looking for a mutual relationship; they're looking for a relationship where they're completely dominant. It's part of why the abused tend to grow up to be abusers: once they realize how much they've been taken advantage of, it's difficult for them to trust someone in a true mutual relationship again.

That statement in bold is unprovable at this time since you cannot possible determine what's going on in that 15 year old's mind. The structural development of the brain being incomplete and distinct from that of an adult is also not proof that EVERY single teenager of aged 15 had exactly the same level of maturity. Furthermore, WTF makes you think that everyone who is older than the age of 18 has the emotional maturity to truly appreciate and anticipate the consequences of sexual intercourse? Some men in their 20s(and even beyond) don't fully comprehend the significance of being a father and go around shagging women with no plans to stick around which is why the LAW puts them on the hook for child support.

Another thing, I cannot possible speak for all teenage boys but when I was 15 or 16 I was not looking for "everlasting love" whatsoever! I was looking to get laid but was not interested in any kind of serious relationship. I suspect underage boys who bang adult women see the offer as a chance for easy sexual access and as something to brag about to their guy friends and don't see it as an intimate act the way you women do.
Aspie Rogue, it is nearly a tautology to say that a 25 year old is generally going to be more mature than a 15 year old. "Maturity" is often used as a synonym for "age." Yes, there will be exceptions, but not enough of them to change the laws. Is a 15 year old /always/ looking for a LTR? No, of course not - and if he isn't, he's probably actually less likely to be emotionally damaged by some teacher preying on him; he's less likely to report the relationship to the police or to tell people that he was taken advantage of, if he got what he wanted out of the interaction. What we see in the papers, though, is often a sort of co-dependent relationship that is so 'long-term' that the couple gets back together after the woman gets out of jail for molesting him.

Oodain
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2012, 12:53 am

untill a few years ago denmarks age of sexual consent was 15, havent created that many issues here.

nor have the current age of consent of 16, a 25 and 16 year old here would be the mean age difference in dansih marriages anyway (in fact in many counries the average age difference is between 6 and 10 years)
that said there is a bit of social taboo in dating someone with an extreme age gap at that age.

teacher/student relationships are illegal regardless of age, it is a position of power.

the scent of the tamarillo is pungent and powerfull,
woe be to the nose who nears it.

LKL
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2012, 1:16 am

Oodain wrote:
untill a few years ago denmarks age of sexual consent was 15, havent created that many issues here.

nor have the current age of consent of 16, a 25 and 16 year old here would be the mean age difference in dansih marriages anyway (in fact in many counries the average age difference is between 6 and 10 years)
that said there is a bit of social taboo in dating someone with an extreme age gap at that age.

teacher/student relationships are illegal regardless of age, it is a position of power.

The above isn't true in the US; college professors are notorious for having flings with young students.

Oodain
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2012, 1:22 am

and there have been a couple of cases in denmark as well,
one even happened at the school i was attending, but it didnt take a day since we heard till the teacher resigned, i imagine he was confronted by an ultimatum from the board.

to be honest i dont know if it is illegal or if it is a shared school policy, since most schools are funded either entirely or partially by the state it might be one and the same thing, effectively if not anything else.

*edit* it seems that such a relationship is illegal regardless of age,

the scent of the tamarillo is pungent and powerfull,
woe be to the nose who nears it.

GGPViper
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2012, 2:58 am

Oodain wrote:

The age of sexual consent in Denmark is still 15, in accordance with section 222 in the Danish Penal Code.

It is raised to 18 years in the following situations, in accordance with section 223 in the Danish Penal Code:

- Adopted children
- Stepchildren
- Foster children
- If one participant is in an entrusted position (like a teacher or a coach)

Furthermore, the age sexual consent is raised to 18 when an adult grossly abuses superiority due to age and experience to seduce a person under the age of 18 to sex.

Mummy_of_Peanut
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2012, 3:49 am

donnie_darko wrote:
Absolutely not. It was a humiliating experience and may or may not have contributed to my personality. However, I don't feel like my life isn't worthwhile. There's a lot more to me than a single episode which happened when I was 7yrs. But, I can't say that this would be the case if I had experienced more/severe abuse.