What are the possible ramifications of the shooting in AZ?

Page 6 of 6 [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2011, 3:26 am

jamieboy wrote:
Obamas non-existent radical agenda you mean? The person writing the above article is clearly a deranged wingnut of the right. How inflammatory is pretending Obama's a radical by the way? I'd say that overall it is this that has poisoned political discourse and most people who use it know it's false.

What? Oh, right it's biased and therefore completely false all throughout. Gotcha.

jamieboy
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2011, 3:31 am

iamnotaparakeet wrote:
jamieboy wrote:
Obamas non-existent radical agenda you mean? The person writing the above article is clearly a deranged wingnut of the right. How inflammatory is pretending Obama's a radical by the way? I'd say that overall it is this that has poisoned political discourse and most people who use it know it's false.

What? Oh, right it's biased and therefore completely false all throughout. Gotcha.

The statement that "Barack Obama has a radical agenda" casts a serious doubt about the sanity of the article writer in my mind therefore it is quite easy to dismiss.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2011, 3:35 am

jamieboy wrote:
The statement that "Barack Obama has a radical agenda" casts a serious doubt about the sanity of the article writer in my mind therefore it is quite easy to dismiss.

"Radical" like going to court to NOT explain ordering the assassination of US citizens? Or do you mean "radical" like stretching espionage laws to the breaking point trying to indict non US citizens for non crimes?

TenFaces
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

11 Jan 2011, 6:34 am

Jamieboy and others who think Obama does not have a "radical agenda".
I realize that in the end, Obama may not cary out the radical leftist agenda he likes to talk about. In the end, Obama works for the same international corporations that funded Bush, McCain, Clinton, etc. Obama represents the same thing as Bush. However, Obama spews the "feel good" message of "oh, I love the poor, so I will change the way the country s run". It is all pablum, babyfood for the idiot masses. Just as Bush spewed, "oh, I love the middle class and I want to save us from Arab supermen that can conquer the universe without a military."
Obama wants government interference in our lives, to use the "global warming" fairy tales to raise taxes on energy, and will continue Bush's equally bad "war on terror".

JNathanK
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2011, 8:05 am

He cited Ayn Rand, Mein Kamp, The Communist Manifesto, and Plato's Republic as favorite books on youtube, most likely to sound deep. I doubt he even read any of it, and its contradictory, politically. He was obsessed about the gold and silver standard, thought 9/11 was staged by the government, and believes in the 2012 apocalypse, etc. He also thought the government was conspiring to change the meaning of words to control the public or something. He sounds like an Alex Jones type wing nut when you look into his actual concerns and obsessions.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2011, 5:27 pm

Have things really gotten so bad that a shooting takes place.......and the republicans and conservatives blame the democrats and liberals while the democrats and liberals blame the republicans and conservatives? I don't think people want to try and find out the real issues or what might really be to blame. Its easier to pin it on people of a specific political veiw so you can futher justify your hatered of them. That's what I think about this whole mess.

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2011, 5:30 pm

jamieboy wrote:
Yes but elected officials are not always protected by any or all of those forms of extreme force as this assasination shows.

It's useless when the elected officials aren't the ones in power. They're normally more of proxies at best.

?I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but they've always worked for me.? - Hunter S. Thompson

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2011, 5:43 pm

Dox47 wrote:
jamieboy wrote:

"Radical" like going to court to NOT explain ordering the assassination of US citizens? Or do you mean "radical" like stretching espionage laws to the breaking point trying to indict non US citizens for non crimes?

You know that is not the "radical agenda" the author is talking about.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2011, 5:55 pm

marshall wrote:
You know that is not the "radical agenda" the author is talking about.

He didn't specify which radical agenda he was talking about, so I supplied a suitably outrageous (and true!) one. I imagine he's talking about healthcare reform or something like that, which in my mind has been gone about incorrectly but is hardly "radical". Now whacking US citizens and having the balls to say no one gets to ask why, now that's radical.

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2011, 5:58 pm

Vexcalibur wrote:
Craig28 wrote:
When ordinary citizens get shot or killed nothing gets done, but when a Congresswoman is shot and a Federal judge is killed, then by golly, the government will clamp down.

Prepare to be made to hand in your weapons. Refusal will serve as your arrest! More American prisons will have to be built to accomodate the extra guests!

By the way, the 9 year old that was killed was born on 9/11.

Unlikely , the 2nd amendment is not going away.

Consider how ingrained the romantic notion of the gun is in the culture here.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0D78JtxmqI[/youtube]

That is not going anyway anytime soon. No matter how fake that scenario is and how entirely unreleastic it is that the character of Denny wasn't shot dead as was stalling rather less when he slowly presented his gun and shot non-fatally (with the other guy not firing back).

?I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but they've always worked for me.? - Hunter S. Thompson

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2011, 6:32 pm

Well, if we're going to use movie scenes to make our arguments...[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zJlsc8GU50[/youtube]