Page 1 of 3 [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

murphycop
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Jan 2011
Age: 34
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,134

12 Jan 2011, 3:14 pm

It was a bit dumb of Obama to say France are the US's main ally. Maybe the UK should pull their troops out of the middle east then.


_________________
'Ave we had a national f**king stroke!??


Simonono
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 25 Oct 2010
Age: 27
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,299

12 Jan 2011, 3:40 pm

France have nothing to do with the US except giving them the Statue of Liberty. Also Obama "loathes" the UK (he said that) because of the BP oil spill I think. And my country isn't that good anyway. I don't even have any shame in saying this :(.



soitgoeskvsh5
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

User avatar

Joined: 5 Jan 2011
Gender: Male
Posts: 2

12 Jan 2011, 3:47 pm

murphycop wrote:
It was a bit dumb of Obama to say France are the US's main ally. Maybe the UK should pull their troops out of the middle east then.


Do you not understand Americas Deep relationship with France? You are wrong on alot. They sold most of the mid-west to us, also, the helped alot with the American revolution. Check your facts before you speak.



MidlifeAspie
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 1 Nov 2010
Age: 44
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,016

12 Jan 2011, 4:03 pm

murphycop wrote:
It was a bit dumb of Obama to say France are the US's main ally. Maybe the UK should pull their troops out of the middle east then.


France is one of the US main allies.



Roxas_XIII
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 8 Jan 2007
Age: 29
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,217
Location: Laramie, WY

12 Jan 2011, 4:21 pm

^^ Which is why I never got the point as to why we were so mad at France for their lack of participation in Operation Iraqi Freedom. Seriously, I think Congress passed a law after that renaming french fries to "freedom fries" or some s**t like that.

I think it was because we thought France owed us something, and their inaction was tantamount to not repaying a debt. Hello? If anything we owe France everything. If they hadn't stepped in when they did, we'd still be a colony of England. Plus they gave us one of our national symbols, as well as land rights for the half of the continient not owned by England.


_________________
"Yeah, so this one time, I tried playing poker with tarot cards... got a full house, and about four people died." ~ Unknown comedian

Happy New Year from WP's resident fortune-teller! May the cards be ever in your favor.


MidlifeAspie
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 1 Nov 2010
Age: 44
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,016

12 Jan 2011, 4:26 pm

Roxas_XIII wrote:
Seriously, I think Congress passed a law after that renaming french fries to "freedom fries" or some sh** like that.


It only applied to the cafeteria in the capitol building



lelia
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Apr 2007
Age: 68
Gender: Female
Posts: 2,897
Location: Vancouver not BC, Washington not DC

12 Jan 2011, 4:29 pm

And, believe it or not, Turkey is one of our main allies. But Britain is our foremost ally and family. But Obama has hated Britain and cannot get over his hatred. I am angry that on the first day of office he gave back the bust of Winston Churchill to Britain. He could have put it in a quiet room or donated it to the Smithsonian, but he publicly gave it back to insult them. Then when he has had to give presents, he has always given crap presents to the British, and makes sure to not invite British to international meetings and will not mark any special anniversaries of the British that the US routinely attended.
He also insulted the Polish by having them find out that he was negating an agreement of protection for them by reading it in the paper.
He insulted the, well, on and on. He does not like Europe, and he does like countries full of people who despise the US. And he doesn't seem to like the US either. It's got to be hard to be president of a country one doesn't like.



MidlifeAspie
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 1 Nov 2010
Age: 44
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,016

12 Jan 2011, 4:32 pm

lelia wrote:
And, believe it or not, Turkey is one of our main allies. But Britain is our foremost ally and family. But Obama has hated Britain and cannot get over his hatred. I am angry that on the first day of office he gave back the bust of Winston Churchill to Britain. He could have put it in a quiet room or donated it to the Smithsonian, but he publicly gave it back to insult them. Then when he has had to give presents, he has always given crap presents to the British, and makes sure to not invite British to international meetings and will not mark any special anniversaries of the British that the US routinely attended.
He also insulted the Polish by having them find out that he was negating an agreement of protection for them by reading it in the paper.
He insulted the, well, on and on. He does not like Europe, and he does like countries full of people who despise the US. And he doesn't seem to like the US either. It's got to be hard to be president of a country one doesn't like.


Do you listen to a lot of Glenn Beck? As an American, I have never even heard of any of what you are talking about. The UK is and always will be one of America's greatest allies. We have gone to war to save their [email protected]@ several times, and would do so again tomorrow if the situation required.

Presents? Reading things in the paper? Poor invitations? Really?????



murphycop
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Jan 2011
Age: 34
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,134

12 Jan 2011, 4:33 pm

soitgoeskvsh5 wrote:
murphycop wrote:
It was a bit dumb of Obama to say France are the US's main ally. Maybe the UK should pull their troops out of the middle east then.


Do you not understand Americas Deep relationship with France? You are wrong on alot. They sold most of the mid-west to us, also, the helped alot with the American revolution. Check your facts before you speak.


:/ All that happen recently did it? I don't think the mid-west has much in common with France now. I'm sure Obama was talking of recent times, and yeah, France were rightly against the Iraq war. But we're still in there. Maybe it was just Bush who liked us for his little lapdog, Blair.


_________________
'Ave we had a national f**king stroke!??


murphycop
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Jan 2011
Age: 34
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,134

12 Jan 2011, 4:38 pm

MidlifeAspie wrote:
lelia wrote:
And, believe it or not, Turkey is one of our main allies. But Britain is our foremost ally and family. But Obama has hated Britain and cannot get over his hatred. I am angry that on the first day of office he gave back the bust of Winston Churchill to Britain. He could have put it in a quiet room or donated it to the Smithsonian, but he publicly gave it back to insult them. Then when he has had to give presents, he has always given crap presents to the British, and makes sure to not invite British to international meetings and will not mark any special anniversaries of the British that the US routinely attended.
He also insulted the Polish by having them find out that he was negating an agreement of protection for them by reading it in the paper.
He insulted the, well, on and on. He does not like Europe, and he does like countries full of people who despise the US. And he doesn't seem to like the US either. It's got to be hard to be president of a country one doesn't like.


Do you listen to a lot of Glenn Beck? As an American, I have never even heard of any of what you are talking about. The UK is and always will be one of America's greatest allies. We have gone to war to save their [email protected]@ several times, and would do so again tomorrow if the situation required.

Presents? Reading things in the paper? Poor invitations? Really?????


You came in right at the end of the first world war, that we were winning anyway. And only turned up at the second world war because of Pearl Harbour. Thats twice, not several.


_________________
'Ave we had a national f**king stroke!??


murphycop
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Jan 2011
Age: 34
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,134

12 Jan 2011, 4:41 pm

MidlifeAspie wrote:
lelia wrote:
And, believe it or not, Turkey is one of our main allies. But Britain is our foremost ally and family. But Obama has hated Britain and cannot get over his hatred. I am angry that on the first day of office he gave back the bust of Winston Churchill to Britain. He could have put it in a quiet room or donated it to the Smithsonian, but he publicly gave it back to insult them. Then when he has had to give presents, he has always given crap presents to the British, and makes sure to not invite British to international meetings and will not mark any special anniversaries of the British that the US routinely attended.
He also insulted the Polish by having them find out that he was negating an agreement of protection for them by reading it in the paper.
He insulted the, well, on and on. He does not like Europe, and he does like countries full of people who despise the US. And he doesn't seem to like the US either. It's got to be hard to be president of a country one doesn't like.


Do you listen to a lot of Glenn Beck? As an American, I have never even heard of any of what you are talking about. The UK is and always will be one of America's greatest allies. We have gone to war to save their [email protected]@ several times, and would do so again tomorrow if the situation required.

Presents? Reading things in the paper? Poor invitations? Really?????


Do you listen to a lot of Glenn Beck? :?


_________________
'Ave we had a national f**king stroke!??


lelia
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Apr 2007
Age: 68
Gender: Female
Posts: 2,897
Location: Vancouver not BC, Washington not DC

12 Jan 2011, 4:45 pm

I'm not sure who Glen Beck is. I believe he held a rally of some sort in Washington D.C. a few months ago.


Yes, really.

Although I suppose none of that was as bad as when Pres. Clinton told the premiere of China (Chou En-Lai?) that China couldn't become as wealthy as the US because then the world would become too polluted. You should have seem me shouting at the breakfast table when I read that in the paper.

I get my news from Al-Jazeera.net English and All Africa and BBC and Hot Air and Town Hall and Jawa and random clicks from those places. I used to go to Daily Kos and Huffington also, but I finally could not take any more profanity.



lelia
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Apr 2007
Age: 68
Gender: Female
Posts: 2,897
Location: Vancouver not BC, Washington not DC

12 Jan 2011, 5:20 pm

Another great source of fascinating news is No Oil For Pacifists.



TenFaces
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

User avatar

Joined: 1 Jan 2011
Age: 51
Gender: Male
Posts: 142

12 Jan 2011, 5:40 pm

I think Obama likes France because he believes in French style socialism. France is a very centralized state.
I do not believe France is an enemy of the US, but it is a rival to the UK. Since the US and UK are longtime allies, the French feel insulted. France is sometimes a rival to the US. I do not mind France refusing to invade Iraq, but they can be hypocritical. They unilaterally attacked Ivory Coast not long after Bush invaded Iraq. I have had a French girl tell me that the US and UK are imperialist pigs as if France is not.
The French are actually better at international power playing than the US and their espionage is very effective.
As for Obama, it is said he dislikes Britain because his grandfather was mistreated by them in Kenya. If it's true, I have no problem with him personaly disliking the UK government. I know a lot of Irish who hate the UK. However,as president his personal feeling have to be put aside.



lelia
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Apr 2007
Age: 68
Gender: Female
Posts: 2,897
Location: Vancouver not BC, Washington not DC

12 Jan 2011, 6:00 pm

My feeling about the French is that they are not so much against the US as that they enjoy feeling superior to the US. I studied French for six years in Jr. High and High School and got to where I could read some of their magazines. I got real tired of the magazines' constant mockery of the US. So I stopped studying French, and these many decades later have forgotten all but a few words. I wouldn't mind visiting Paris and the Provence someday.



murphycop
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Jan 2011
Age: 34
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,134

12 Jan 2011, 6:20 pm

TenFaces wrote:
I think Obama likes France because he believes in French style socialism. France is a very centralized state.
I do not believe France is an enemy of the US, but it is a rival to the UK. Since the US and UK are longtime allies, the French feel insulted. France is sometimes a rival to the US. I do not mind France refusing to invade Iraq, but they can be hypocritical. They unilaterally attacked Ivory Coast not long after Bush invaded Iraq. I have had a French girl tell me that the US and UK are imperialist pigs as if France is not.
The French are actually better at international power playing than the US and their espionage is very effective.
As for Obama, it is said he dislikes Britain because his grandfather was mistreated by them in Kenya. If it's true, I have no problem with him personaly disliking the UK government. I know a lot of Irish who hate the UK. However,as president his personal feeling have to be put aside.


:lol: So do the Scottish and the Welsh. Its funny though, cause we bailed Ireland out the other day.


_________________
'Ave we had a national f**king stroke!??