Page 1 of 4 [ 56 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 16 Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,105
Location: The Infodome

18 Jan 2011, 11:33 am

But it probably isn't the PETA you're thinking about.

http://mtd.com/tasty/

Most of the links on the site are dead but the real fun is in the hate mail section. :lol:

http://mtd.com/tasty/mail.html

Ominivory will never die.


_________________
Synthetic carbo-polymers got em through man. They got em through mouse. They got through, and we're gonna get out.
-Roostre

READ THIS -> https://represent.us/


thechadmaster
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 13 Feb 2005
Age: 33
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,126
Location: On The Road...Somewhere

19 Jan 2011, 10:25 am

Image


_________________
I don't know what the future holds, but I know Who holds the future.


skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 20 Mar 2006
Age: 35
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,848
Location: New Orleans, LA

19 Jan 2011, 11:26 am

Image


_________________
Wherever they burn books they will also, in the end, burn human beings. ~Heinrich Heine, Almansor, 1823

?I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but they've always worked for me.? - Hunter S. Thompson


Salonfilosoof
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 19 Dec 2009
Age: 38
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,184

19 Jan 2011, 12:23 pm

Why is there so much hatred against organisations who serve to protect the rights and welfare of animals? I'm not a vegetarian or vegan myself, mostly because I don't think being a vegetarian or vegan would actually save a single animal life, because I just love sushi, chicken or minced meat and because I'm not skilled enough at cooking to survive a vegetarian or vegan diet. However, I do strongly object to the ways or the bio-industry that treats animals like objects, to animal testing (why can't we do testing on rapists, child molestors or psychopathic killers instead?), to the fur industry and other forms of unnecessary suffering. I also support organisations like the Animal Liberation Front in their guerilla tactics and in fact believe we should all engage in revolutionary activities, not just to save animals from unnecessary torture but also to save humanity from the Orwellian slave pits.



mightypen515
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

User avatar

Joined: 27 Jan 2011
Age: 48
Gender: Female
Posts: 143

04 Feb 2011, 9:04 pm

Salonfilosoof wrote:
Why is there so much hatred against organisations who serve to protect the rights and welfare of animals? I'm not a vegetarian or vegan myself, mostly because I don't think being a vegetarian or vegan would actually save a single animal life, because I just love sushi, chicken or minced meat and because I'm not skilled enough at cooking to survive a vegetarian or vegan diet. However, I do strongly object to the ways or the bio-industry that treats animals like objects, to animal testing (why can't we do testing on rapists, child molestors or psychopathic killers instead?), to the fur industry and other forms of unnecessary suffering. I also support organisations like the Animal Liberation Front in their guerilla tactics and in fact believe we should all engage in revolutionary activities, not just to save animals from unnecessary torture but also to save humanity from the Orwellian slave pits.


The hatred might something to do with the disingenuousness justifiably perceived by the haters.
There might also be a little envy on the part of the haters toward the dedication of some members of those groups.
I don't have hatred for such groups, but I do have something against some of their practices, i.e., encouraging the throwing of paint on people wearing fur (destruction of property, assault and other crimes involved in that one act), and the placement of moral judgment. I might not kill an animal for its fur. I don't know what I would do, facing a survival situation in below-freezing temperatures. I might kill one for its flesh, then take advantage of the fact I have the fur, or the skin. If I shot a deer, and processed its meat, damn right I'm gonna have a buckskin suit. I don't wear makeup, so I see no advantage for me in supporting animal testing for the sake of cosmetics. I may support some animal testing if it'll save my life or the lives of people I love or the lives of my fellow citizenry, when it comes to life threatening disease (cancer, aids).
We do test on people, there are plenty of volunteers who take money in exchange for that use of their bodies, for medications and other trials; whether or not those people are rapists, child molesters or psychopathic killers is beside that point. If you're talking testing on those in prison, are you talking testing on volunteers or forcible testing? If forcible testing, why not include armed robbers, destroyers of public property, drug addicts, DUI offenders, traffic law offenders, identity thieves and other criminals?
As far as believing "we should all engage in revolutionary activities," how far does revolution go, and why is everyone required to participate? And what is the punishment for not participating? It starts with destruction of property - does it extend to murder? Many revolutionaries doing their thing to save animals from unnecessary torture may get farther in their endeavor if they'd put that kind of fervor and attention into the necessary paperwork, lobbying, and other activities that convince the powers that be that animal testing isn't necessary.
I'm not vegetarian or vegan either - for many of the same reasons you aren't. When confronted with a vegan's view that includes the screaming of an animal, I let them know about scientific testing on plants that has determined that plants scream, too. We just can't hear them. Some whale savers say they're only throwing butter on Asian dudes on whaling boats. Butyric acid can burn the skin and damage sight. If I was the wife of an Asian whaler, and my husband came home with burns and couldn't see out of one or both eyes, I'd be dragging those men into court.



MCalavera
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 15 Dec 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,442

04 Feb 2011, 9:42 pm

To those who don't realize it, PETA (the original one) have been known to kill animals themselves.

Talk about hypocrisy much?



TheKing
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 7 Dec 2010
Age: 26
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,100
Location: Merced, California

04 Feb 2011, 10:18 pm

Salonfilosoof wrote:
Why is there so much hatred against organisations who serve to protect the rights and welfare of animals? I'm not a vegetarian or vegan myself, mostly because I don't think being a vegetarian or vegan would actually save a single animal life, because I just love sushi, chicken or minced meat and because I'm not skilled enough at cooking to survive a vegetarian or vegan diet. However, I do strongly object to the ways or the bio-industry that treats animals like objects, to animal testing (why can't we do testing on rapists, child molestors or psychopathic killers instead?), to the fur industry and other forms of unnecessary suffering. I also support organisations like the Animal Liberation Front in their guerilla tactics and in fact believe we should all engage in revolutionary activities, not just to save animals from unnecessary torture but also to save humanity from the Orwellian slave pits.


The Animal Liberation Front and PETA hate humanity they would see a million humans burned to free one animal, they are terrorists worse than Al Qeada ever could be!! !! !! !! as Amy and Professor Farnsworth said in Futurama:
Professor: As a man enters his 18th decade, he thinks back on the mistakes he made in life.
Amy: Like the heaps of the dead monkeys?
Professor: Science can not move forward without heaps!

America wants to fight a war on terrorism they need to fight ALF i encourage anyone who is aware of ALF activity to get a gun and go hunting like a redneck on the mexican-american border! LOL


_________________
WP Strident Atheist
If you believe in the Flying Spaghetti Monster, have accepted him as your lord and savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.


Zeek
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 5 Nov 2009
Age: 24
Gender: Male
Posts: 925

04 Feb 2011, 10:26 pm

Quote:
The Animal Liberation Front and PETA hate humanity they would see a million humans burned to free one animal, they are terrorists worse than Al Qeada ever could be!


Well that would help with our overpopulation problem. :)



TheKing
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 7 Dec 2010
Age: 26
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,100
Location: Merced, California

04 Feb 2011, 10:36 pm

Zeek wrote:
Quote:
The Animal Liberation Front and PETA hate humanity they would see a million humans burned to free one animal, they are terrorists worse than Al Qeada ever could be!


Well that would help with our overpopulation problem. :)


you think your sooo funny dont you, i hate you vegans who think that animals are more important than your fellow humans i spit on your life! if you hate humanity so much why dont you just leave and join your friends in the wild i would love nothing more than to test on you like all the other animals


_________________
WP Strident Atheist
If you believe in the Flying Spaghetti Monster, have accepted him as your lord and savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.


Zeek
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 5 Nov 2009
Age: 24
Gender: Male
Posts: 925

04 Feb 2011, 10:47 pm

[quote="TheKing"you think your sooo funny dont you, i hate you vegans who think that animals are more important than your fellow humans i spit on your life! if you hate humanity so much why dont you just leave and join your friends in the wild i would love nothing more than to test on you like all the other animals[/quote]

Well first off, yes I did think myself amusing but obviously you do not agree. That is your choice and I leave that to you. The first main issue I see is the word vegan, I personally am not a vegan but have admiration for those who are (I haven't the willpower personally). I do not think animals more important but I do believe that if it takes 1 human death to save 100 animals then it is a worthy sacrifice. Also I don't hate humanity and the wild is the last place I'd want to live as I enjoy civilization. Modern facilities are rather enjoyable. And the last point, animal testing. I would rather human volunteers who have a choice. You may say that we do have volunteers but the tests on animals are cruel and evil, at least humans have a say as to what they do. And those who believe that animals have no rights and should be tested on, including for things such as cosmetics are truly wrong in what they believe. I hope one day you'll see that I am right.



mightypen515
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

User avatar

Joined: 27 Jan 2011
Age: 48
Gender: Female
Posts: 143

04 Feb 2011, 11:00 pm

Zeek wrote:
[quote="TheKing"you think your sooo funny dont you, i hate you vegans who think that animals are more important than your fellow humans i spit on your life! if you hate humanity so much why dont you just leave and join your friends in the wild i would love nothing more than to test on you like all the other animals


Well first off, yes I did think myself amusing but obviously you do not agree. That is your choice and I leave that to you. The first main issue I see is the word vegan, I personally am not a vegan but have admiration for those who are (I haven't the willpower personally). I do not think animals more important but I do believe that if it takes 1 human death to save 100 animals then it is a worthy sacrifice. Also I don't hate humanity and the wild is the last place I'd want to live as I enjoy civilization. Modern facilities are rather enjoyable. And the last point, animal testing. I would rather human volunteers who have a choice. You may say that we do have volunteers but the tests on animals are cruel and evil, at least humans have a say as to what they do. And those who believe that animals have no rights and should be tested on, including for things such as cosmetics are truly wrong in what they believe. I hope one day you'll see that I am right.[/quote]

Well now...if that 1 human death is one of your kids?
Would you sacrifice your kid to save 100 animals?
Would you want to be the person who decides who that 1 human death is gonna be?
Does the death come by the hand of someone else?
Who decides where those lines are gonna be drawn?
I did think your joke about overpopulation was funny! I laughed out loud!



Zeek
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 5 Nov 2009
Age: 24
Gender: Male
Posts: 925

04 Feb 2011, 11:14 pm

Would I sacrifice my own child? No. Would I support my child entering into this field in the first place? Definitely not.
Would I want to decide who that one human death is? I could do that.
Would I do it myself? No, just like I wouldn't kill an animal myself. Leave that to those who find themselves able.
Who decides where the line is drawn? Well honestly if we had a better line on where animal testing ends then this wouldn't be happening, the person who draws the line is the person who pushes past them. Not saying I agree with that part, just saying that I in fact have noticed that in life.



TheKing
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 7 Dec 2010
Age: 26
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,100
Location: Merced, California

05 Feb 2011, 12:22 am

Zeek wrote:
[quote="TheKing"you think your sooo funny dont you, i hate you vegans who think that animals are more important than your fellow humans i spit on your life! if you hate humanity so much why dont you just leave and join your friends in the wild i would love nothing more than to test on you like all the other animals


Well first off, yes I did think myself amusing but obviously you do not agree. That is your choice and I leave that to you. The first main issue I see is the word vegan, I personally am not a vegan but have admiration for those who are (I haven't the willpower personally). I do not think animals more important but I do believe that if it takes 1 human death to save 100 animals then it is a worthy sacrifice. Also I don't hate humanity and the wild is the last place I'd want to live as I enjoy civilization. Modern facilities are rather enjoyable. And the last point, animal testing. I would rather human volunteers who have a choice. You may say that we do have volunteers but the tests on animals are cruel and evil, at least humans have a say as to what they do. And those who believe that animals have no rights and should be tested on, including for things such as cosmetics are truly wrong in what they believe. I hope one day you'll see that I am right.[/quote]

you sir are anti human and i hope to see you, as a fellow hell bound, in hell! I am a very devout christian and God DEMANDS that these animals suffer the cruelty of the damned seven fold! BECAUSE as God works in mysterious ways he is obsessed with the number 7 but nevertheless VEGAN i hate you


_________________
WP Strident Atheist
If you believe in the Flying Spaghetti Monster, have accepted him as your lord and savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.


TheKing
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 7 Dec 2010
Age: 26
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,100
Location: Merced, California

05 Feb 2011, 12:25 am

[quote="Zeek"]Would I sacrifice my own child? No. Would I support my child entering into this field in the first place? Definitely not.
/quote]

you just contradicted yourself which makes your argument invalid and upon having a kid i will turn him against you by hiring him at Animal Testing, Inc. and then what? would you hold to your beliefs knowing he is my TOP tester? or would you be a hypocrite and allow him to continue his work?


_________________
WP Strident Atheist
If you believe in the Flying Spaghetti Monster, have accepted him as your lord and savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.


Zeek
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 5 Nov 2009
Age: 24
Gender: Male
Posts: 925

05 Feb 2011, 4:36 am

God does work in mysterious ways, genocide, supporting rape and murder of small children among other thing. And I never contradicted myself, there's a big difference between not supporting your child and killing them, I'd likely disown them.



Tensu
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 30 Dec 2009
Age: 31
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,661
Location: Nixa, MO, USA

05 Feb 2011, 7:30 am

Zeek wrote:
God does work in mysterious ways, genocide, supporting rape and murder of small children among other thing.\


What makes you think God supports any of that?