Men will have to lose jobs to make way for gender equality

Page 1 of 2 [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

sephardic-male
Toucan
Toucan

14 Oct 2015, 4:44 pm

the latest news on the war on men

Men will have to be sacked from high-profile roles in business and government to make way for women to move in, according to the chairman of Transfield, Diane Smith-Gander.
A bill proposed by a group of Senate crossbenchers would make it compulsory for federal government boards to be at least 40 per cent female.
Ms Smith-Gander, who is also president of the Chief Executive Women group, said to reach that target, and an eventual bigger target of 50-50 representation of women on business boards and in senior roles, capable men would have to make way for capable women.
"When it comes to senior jobs and political appointments I think 50-50 representation is where we're heading," she said at an Australian Institute of Company Directors lunch in Melbourne on Tuesday.

https://archive.is/zHFVm

Kate Harding feminist calls American boys potential rapists. ignoring stories of women raping underage boys

http://www.rollingstone.com/culture/fea ... t-20150824

Robert Stacy McCain's sex trouble series

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2015, 6:42 pm

Yeah ... misandry is rampant in the struggle for equality.

In other news, water is wet.

There is nothing you can do to change either.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

14 Oct 2015, 7:13 pm

Mandates like this are why women will never be seen as equal to men, the same with any affirmative action for race or gender or whatever. If you have to deprive someone better qualified for the sake of "diversity" then you don't deserve the job. The only way affirmative action would make sense is it for the economically disadvantaged but *gasp* that might include some straight white men too. How about the gender imbalance on college campuses, women have a lower unemployment rate then men, their job sectors are not disappearing forever like men's are. A lot of people don't like the idea of a meritocracy for obvious reasons.

sephardic-male
Toucan
Toucan

14 Oct 2015, 8:09 pm

Fnord wrote:
Yeah ... misandry is rampant in the struggle for equality.

In other news, water is wet.

There is nothing you can do to change either.

yes it is possible to cause changes

in india it is already happening

http://themalefactor.com/2015/09/03/wom ... m-falling/

the constant anti-male bashing is causing men to not care about the pains of women. in the U.K telegraph reports men in the workplace are afraid of helping women due to cries of harassment.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/men/relation ... -work.html

Robert Stacy McCain's sex trouble series

Neotenous Nordic
Toucan
Toucan

14 Oct 2015, 9:04 pm

sephardic-male wrote:
the constant anti-male bashing is causing men to not care about the pains of women. in the U.K telegraph reports men in the workplace are afraid of helping women due to cries of harassment.

If this only affected those nutjobs who cry harassment if a man says hello to them, I'd call it poetic justice, but considering how all women suffer from the consequences, it is tragic that decent women suffer from the consequences too.

One day the professional victims are going to cry for help when it's actually needed and men will cross to the other side of the street for fear of being accused of harassment by responding.

You know, an actual rape could take place. "Help, someone is raping me!" She'd scream, but at that point, men are so used to the fact that just speaking to a woman without being spoken to first is considered rape and harassment, they'd probably run away from the cries instead, deeming them a threat.

This is what the feminists are setting up. It hurts themselves most of all because you can only cry wolf so many times before people leave you to your fate. Especially when you're punished for trying to help. Especially then. It's almost as if they want this to happen as soon as possible. Well, it's happening now. Men have become afraid of women, and rightfully so.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2015, 9:07 pm

Then they will learn how men experience life in a world that is indifferent to suffering at best, and hostile at its worst.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

blauSamstag
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2015, 1:28 am

*shrug* every time you fill a position, you have to select from a pool of candidates.

Experience is a major determining factor in qualifying a candidate for a position.

by-the-numbers equality in executive positions is dependent on by-the-numbers equality in many other work functions.

Maybe she's just saying s**t that gets applause. As the chair of a corporation that large, she has shareholders to answer to. And shareholders rarely like to see a big shakeup in management for completely arbitrary reasons.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2015, 8:25 am

blauSamstag wrote:
... Experience is a major determining factor in qualifying a candidate for a position. ...
Unless there is a racist, sexist program like Affirmative Action in place, and then the candidate does not even have to be fully qualified in any way, only arbitrarily entitled to have the job.

Then what is left is a management pool full of people with no understanding or knowledge of what needs to be done.

Yeah, good luck trying to run a business when half of its brain trust gets replaced with a crowd of functionally clueless pronoids who are incapable of thinking their way out of a wet paper bag.

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2015, 11:06 am

Neotenous Nordic wrote:
One day the professional victims are going to cry for help when it's actually needed and men will cross to the other side of the street for fear of being accused of harassment by responding.

You know, an actual rape could take place. "Help, someone is raping me!" She'd scream, but at that point, men are so used to the fact that just speaking to a woman without being spoken to first is considered rape and harassment, they'd probably run away from the cries instead, deeming them a threat.

I'm not saying I'd have the balls to physically fight the rapist, but, assuming I did, I shudder to think how I'd go about proving I just wanted to help the victim and didn't do it with the evil and secret-but-ill-concealed hope that she'd have sex with me as a reward.

The red lake has been forgotten. A dust devil stuns you long enough to shroud forever those last shards of wisdom. The breeze rocking this forlorn wasteland whispers in your ears, “Não resta mais que uma sombra”.

glebel
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2015, 11:29 am

I'd like to know what is wrong with placing the most qualified person into any given position, irregardless of gender or race.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2015, 1:23 pm

glebel wrote:
I'd like to know what is wrong with placing the most qualified person into any given position, irregardless of gender or race.
In most states, it's against the law. Look up the full text of any Affirmative Action programs in your state.

glebel
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2015, 1:26 pm

Fnord wrote:
glebel wrote:
In most states, it's against the law. Look up the full text of any Affirmative Action programs in your state.

I realize that. I still think that this is a wrong headed approach.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2015, 1:38 pm

glebel wrote:
Fnord wrote:
glebel wrote:
I realize that. I still think that this is a wrong headed approach.
Still, if anyone is afraid that "Men will have to lose jobs to make way for gender equality", as the topic says, then they'd better realize that Affirmative Action has not only already made it legal to do so, but has mandated it as standard practice in many states since 1961!

By the way, in Canada it's called "Employment Equity", and in the United Kingdom it's called "Positive Action". Nice terms for programs that discriminate against qualified white males in both education and employment.

whatamess
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2015, 2:05 pm

Hmmm I am a female and a minority as well, however, I have to say that I am sick of these quotas. Here are some facts:

1. if a husband does not work, but the wife does, those wanting equality in the workforce will also scream about the lazy men who can't find a job
2. if an ex-wife works, but the ex-husband does not, regardless of the reason, the government and child support offices will put him in jail without batting an eye
3. if an ex-husband works, but the ex-wife does not, even if she does not have kids not attending school, she will NOT go to jail and he will be made to pay more to support the kids and ex
4. a majority of of minorities scream when they don't have the same types of jobs as white american men, however, I have lived it where I am from, I have lived in the US, they have absolutely NO PROBLEM not hiring those who are not from their same country/ethnicity...no problem at all

While I agree there should be opportunities for all, I also know that this is out of hand. In fact, my father worked for equal opportunity many years ago and finally left because he realized that its original intent was NOT what was happening, but rather people were being given jobs and never fired just to keep a quota...and yes, he is a minority as well and even HE got sick of it.

Nambo
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2015, 4:59 pm

I thought Women were waking up to the fact that they prefer a Woman's life rather than a mans, that they get to a certain age and look back on their successful business career with regret when they realise what they really wanted was to have children and live like Women used to be quite happy doing.

These "women" they are going to pick to fill these positions, are they going to be typical Women, the sort that Mothers are made from, or will ordinary Women say, "no thank you" and the vacancies will be filled by looney left and psyco women? In which case its still not gender equality and if you have ever worked for a female boss, you will know the sort of trouble in store.

wilburforce
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2015, 7:50 pm

Nambo wrote:
I thought Women were waking up to the fact that they prefer a Woman's life rather than a mans, that they get to a certain age and look back on their successful business career with regret when they realise what they really wanted was to have children and live like Women used to be quite happy doing.

These "women" they are going to pick to fill these positions, are they going to be typical Women, the sort that Mothers are made from, or will ordinary Women say, "no thank you" and the vacancies will be filled by looney left and psyco women? In which case its still not gender equality and if you have ever worked for a female boss, you will know the sort of trouble in store.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA *rapidly inhaled breath* BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAhahahahahahahahahahaa haa hahaha ha ha...

This isn't even satire, is it?--you really mean this crap, like you really, actually believe this. This is some of the most hilariously pathetic BS I have ever read. I feel sorry for any woman who has ever had the unpleasant misfortune of having to even speak to you in real life if you genuinely believe this pile of horses**t you just spewed.