Page 2 of 4 [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Is Fox pushing Beck Off Air because of Credibility Concerns?
Fox is pushing Beck Off Air because of concern over Credibility for the Network. 48%  48%  [ 11 ]
No, it is a joint Business decision to benefit Fox and Beck. 43%  43%  [ 10 ]
He is going off the air for another reason. 9%  9%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 23

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2011, 5:13 pm

Inuyasha wrote:
To claim that Fox News isn't a legitimate news agency is a bit of a stretch when you consider the fact that CNN ended up having a retired CIA agent literally scold a CNN anchor telling them to stop covering for Obama on national television. :lol:

They aren't legitimate.

If you were familiar with actual history rather than the crap Glenn Beck shoves into your brain, you'd be familiar with yellow journalism and the detriments of it on society and the ignorant.

?I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but they've always worked for me.? - Hunter S. Thompson

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2011, 5:15 pm

Orwell wrote:
Beck's ratings have been plummeting for some time

And despite the 40% drop-off, he's still killing everyone else in his timeslot on the rival stations. Don't fantasize too much about it without acknowledging the viewership.

Sponsorship will always come in when there's viewership.

?I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but they've always worked for me.? - Hunter S. Thompson

Vexcalibur
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2011, 5:30 pm

CIA agents are not exactly very reliable.

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2011, 6:22 pm

skafather84 wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
To claim that Fox News isn't a legitimate news agency is a bit of a stretch when you consider the fact that CNN ended up having a retired CIA agent literally scold a CNN anchor telling them to stop covering for Obama on national television. :lol:

They aren't legitimate.

If you were familiar with actual history rather than the crap Glenn Beck shoves into your brain, you'd be familiar with yellow journalism and the detriments of it on society and the ignorant.

:roll:

Well maybe you should take your own advice.

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2011, 10:03 pm

Listening to talk radio, the backlash against Fox from Beck supporters was interesting.

Comments like Fox is owned by the Saudi's, the tone of all the shows are changing; and there is a Fox conspiracy against Beck. Also, he was the only one that was brave enough to bring the truth that other Commentators on Fox would not touch; and he was let go because of it.

Nothing scientific about backlash from talk radio; but Mr. Beck stands tall above Fox for some. The Talk radio host sounded a little frustrated, but made no attempt to argue with these folks.

The beauty in Beck staying for several more months, is, he will have time to convince these people that it is good that he is going. Likely he has the power of pursuasion with that core audience to accomplish this and keep those loyal viewers from leaving the Fox Network, once he finally leaves the TV show.

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2011, 10:53 pm

He isn't leaving the network aghogday, and quite frankly it wouldn't be surprising if he has something else he's focusing on or some documentary that requires a lot of attention. Or his eye problems are getting worse and he just doesn't want to say so yet.

Vexcalibur
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2011, 11:03 pm

Those pesky Saudis and George Soros controlling Fox News.

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2011, 11:08 pm

Vexcalibur wrote:
Those pesky Saudis and George Soros controlling Fox News.

George Soros doesn't even own stock in Fox News, that's part of what drives Soros crazy, Fox News is about the only news network he can't control.

Vexcalibur
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2011, 11:11 pm

Well sure, the Saudis already got it.

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2011, 11:36 pm

Inuyasha wrote:
He isn't leaving the network aghogday, and quite frankly it wouldn't be surprising if he has something else he's focusing on or some documentary that requires a lot of attention. Or his eye problems are getting worse and he just doesn't want to say so yet.

Quote:
The beauty in Beck staying for several more months, is, he will have time to convince these people that it is good that he is going. Likely he has the power of pursuasion with that core audience to accomplish this and keep those loyal viewers from leaving the Fox Network, once he finally leaves the TV show.

Looks like you misread what I wrote. Per copy provided here, I stated "loyal viewers from leaving the Fox Network, once he finally leaves the TV show". I've also stated specifically, in a previous post on this topic that he was not getting fired from the Fox network; but in my opinion Fox initiated the action to remove him from the TV show.

I noticed in the topic on "is Glenn Beck Crazy" that someone posted an article from the LA Times with the opinion that Fox initiated the action to remove him from the TV show.

Judging from the public response that I have seen so far, this is an opinion also held by some of his strongest supporters. I think it was strictly a business decision for Fox for future profitability; not the conspiracy that some of his strong supporters see.

It is not going to hurt Beck that much financially; as things stand now Fox contributes about two million a year to his payroll. The money he makes off of other endeavers is much more than that.

The comments in the second paragraph were made by Beck supporters calling into the talk show host. One of them described him leaving the show as being let go. None of those Beck supporters that called in thought he initiated the action to leave the TV show. They were mad at Fox.

I don't see Beck as the loser here. If Beck had wanted to stay he could have avoided extreme rhetoric, in particular suggesting the Bi-Racial President was racist; and it is likely that he would not have lost the number of advertisers that he has lost so far.

My understanding is that boycott was largely motivated by that particular suggestion that Beck made. Instead, he forged his own trail; and is likely to continue to forge that trail somewhere else, and still make money with Fox.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2011, 1:43 am

I personally think all this talk of mutual, amiable parting between Beck and Fox is a load of horse s**t. Fox is trying to put the best face on the situation because Beck does have such a large following, who Beck could call on if Fox just came out and said the canned Crazy's ass. Sure, maybe Beck is being kept on behind the scenes for a few months to put him back on the air if the sponsors lose their contempt for him. But in the long run, Rupert Murdock is more interested in the big economic picture, which means attracting and keeping as many advertisers as possible. And Glenn has become too much of a liability.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2011, 2:02 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
I personally think all this talk of mutual, amiable parting between Beck and Fox is a load of horse sh**. Fox is trying to put the best face on the situation because Beck does have such a large following, who Beck could call on if Fox just came out and said the canned Crazy's ass. Sure, maybe Beck is being kept on behind the scenes for a few months to put him back on the air if the sponsors lose their contempt for him. But in the long run, Rupert Murdock is more interested in the big economic picture, which means attracting and keeping as many advertisers as possible. And Glenn has become too much of a liability.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

A strategy used in almost all arenas of life, to save face, "transitioning off the show". However, I also believe there would be serious backlash from his supporters, if fox was to publically say they didn't agree with his opinions. It seems to be happening already, regardless of what Fox and Beck are publically announcing. If it wasn't for this concern they might have bought out his contract, and provided a faster exit from the show.

zer0netgain
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2011, 9:20 am

In large part, Beck is calling things as he sees them, and he's on the money a good part of the time.

He's made enemies with President Obama and with George Soros...Obama's big money supporter. Those two have unleashed their influence to have him pushed off the air, and Beck was letting people know this tactic was underway long before this came to a head.

While everyone else wants the masses to believe all is well, Beck is warning people that things are not going well at all, and people are listening.

He left CNN for Fox because CNN didn't want to listen to him, and his viewership exploded on Fox. Now Fox is being pressured to let him go by big money interests.

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2011, 9:56 am

Inuyasha wrote:
skafather84 wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:

They aren't legitimate.

:roll:

Well maybe you should take your own advice.

I do...that's why I know the finer points of history rather than the finer points of Glenn Beck's ripoff of Alex Jones' paranoid schizophrenic act. Take the Charles Schumer scandal you cited in another thread: that's pure genesis of a scandal from the republicans. I thought the tea party were extreme without any outside input and it's not particularly scandalous considering that many of them think Obama is a muslim and think he's not a natural born citizen....those concepts are both pretty damned extreme to any reasonable person and even anyone who explores that conspiracy theory with the slightest bit of intelligence. However, both of those conspiracy theories are endemic to the tea party along with anarchist, theocratic leanings.

YippySkippy
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2011, 10:20 am

I used to watch Glenn Beck occasionally, back before he went to FOX.
He was a little nutty even back then, but sometimes he made a good point or had an interesting observation.
I think he's become significantly nuttier over the years.
I'm not sure, however, if he's actually going nuts, or if he's just acting nutty to draw attention.
Either way, he now reminds me of the carnival guy who bites the heads off chickens to draw people into the freak show. There's a job title for that position, but I can't remember it and can't be arsed to look it up....

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2011, 10:31 am

YippySkippy wrote:
I used to watch Glenn Beck occasionally, back before he went to FOX.
He was a little nutty even back then, but sometimes he made a good point or had an interesting observation.
I think he's become significantly nuttier over the years.
I'm not sure, however, if he's actually going nuts, or if he's just acting nutty to draw attention.
Either way, he now reminds me of the carnival guy who bites the heads off chickens to draw people into the freak show. There's a job title for that position, but I can't remember it and can't be arsed to look it up....

I believe it's geek.