Page 3 of 4 [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Is Fox pushing Beck Off Air because of Credibility Concerns?
Fox is pushing Beck Off Air because of concern over Credibility for the Network. 48%  48%  [ 11 ]
No, it is a joint Business decision to benefit Fox and Beck. 43%  43%  [ 10 ]
He is going off the air for another reason. 9%  9%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 23

YippySkippy
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2011, 10:40 am

Ah, yes. Thanks!

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2011, 10:44 am

Learned that from playing in the pit orchestra for a musical called Sideshow. It was a romantic tale of conjoined twins. I was splashed nightly with the fake blood from the geek when he'd come out and introduce himself to the crowd.

?I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but they've always worked for me.? - Hunter S. Thompson

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2011, 11:20 am

skafather84 wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
skafather84 wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
To claim that Fox News isn't a legitimate news agency is a bit of a stretch when you consider the fact that CNN ended up having a retired CIA agent literally scold a CNN anchor telling them to stop covering for Obama on national television. :lol:

They aren't legitimate.

If you were familiar with actual history rather than the crap Glenn Beck shoves into your brain, you'd be familiar with yellow journalism and the detriments of it on society and the ignorant.

:roll:

Well maybe you should take your own advice.

I do...that's why I know the finer points of history rather than the finer points of Glenn Beck's ripoff of Alex Jones' paranoid schizophrenic act.

In all honesty, you really don't know your history.

skafather84 wrote:
Take the Charles Schumer scandal you cited in another thread: that's pure genesis of a scandal from the republicans. I thought the tea party were extreme without any outside input and it's not particularly scandalous considering that many of them think Obama is a muslim and think he's not a natural born citizen....those concepts are both pretty damned extreme to any reasonable person and even anyone who explores that conspiracy theory with the slightest bit of intelligence. However, both of those conspiracy theories are endemic to the tea party along with anarchist, theocratic leanings.

Most tea partiers are getting fed up that Obama isn't going to show his birth certificate. I mean how long has this been going on, and there is even an argument now that the item Obama submitted was a forgery. Personally I think he was born in the US. Further, if you actually did some research into this you would know the Birthers was started by Hillary Supporters not teapartiers whom are quite frankly starting to get suspicious after this little "not born in the US" thing has been dragging on for the entire Obama Presidency.

In all honesty, you really haven't impressed me with your researching abilities.

YippySkippy wrote:
I used to watch Glenn Beck occasionally, back before he went to FOX.
He was a little nutty even back then, but sometimes he made a good point or had an interesting observation.

He is ADHD, and tends to forget his meds, that does not mean he's actually nutty he may just seem that way at times.

YippySkippy wrote:
I think he's become significantly nuttier over the years.
I'm not sure, however, if he's actually going nuts, or if he's just acting nutty to draw attention.
Either way, he now reminds me of the carnival guy who bites the heads off chickens to draw people into the freak show. There's a job title for that position, but I can't remember it and can't be arsed to look it up....

I actually for a while was wondering if he had lost it, until I did research on my own and came to an even scarier conclusion. That he was accurate.

zer0netgain wrote:
In large part, Beck is calling things as he sees them, and he's on the money a good part of the time.

He's made enemies with President Obama and with George Soros...Obama's big money supporter. Those two have unleashed their influence to have him pushed off the air, and Beck was letting people know this tactic was underway long before this came to a head.

While everyone else wants the masses to believe all is well, Beck is warning people that things are not going well at all, and people are listening.

He left CNN for Fox because CNN didn't want to listen to him, and his viewership exploded on Fox. Now Fox is being pressured to let him go by big money interests.

He isn't actually leaving Fox News though, he's going to be doing some producing and other projects.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2011, 11:33 am

zer0netgain wrote:
In large part, Beck is calling things as he sees them, and he's on the money a good part of the time.

He's made enemies with President Obama and with George Soros...Obama's big money supporter. Those two have unleashed their influence to have him pushed off the air, and Beck was letting people know this tactic was underway long before this came to a head.

While everyone else wants the masses to believe all is well, Beck is warning people that things are not going well at all, and people are listening.

He left CNN for Fox because CNN didn't want to listen to him, and his viewership exploded on Fox. Now Fox is being pressured to let him go by big money interests.

The reason why Beck left CNN was because they had put him on HLN from the onset, which admittedly has fewer viewers. Fox simply gave him a better venue.
As for people listening to Beck - only people with preconceived notions that the sky is falling. His audience are evangelicals who buy into end time theology, racists who can't stand the notion that we have a black president, and gun nuts who whip themselves up with their own shared paranoia over the gub'ment seizing their fire arms. In other words, people you wouldn't normally give the time of day to, let alone give a damn what their political concerns are.
As for the President and George Soros trying to force Beck off the air - I'm sorry, but that's just paranoid. If you're looking for conspiracies against Beck, you have no further to look than the Fox boardroom, where concerns of lost advertisers and complaints of their news services' lost credibility - both of which are Beck's fault - are the reason why he is being pushed into oblivion.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2011, 11:35 am

@Kraichgauer

Actually, there is a lot of historical precident that supports what Beck has been saying, you ignore history at your own peril.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2011, 11:57 am

Inuyasha wrote:
@Kraichgauer

Actually, there is a lot of historical precident that supports what Beck has been saying, you ignore history at your own peril.

Well, I'll risk it. I just don't look good in a tinfoil hat. :lol:

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2011, 11:59 am

Inuyasha wrote:

And in all honesty, you're beyond willfully ignorant and I really think at this point that you're just a troll here to harass members.

?I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but they've always worked for me.? - Hunter S. Thompson

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2011, 11:50 pm

skafather84 wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:

And in all honesty, you're beyond willfully ignorant and I really think at this point that you're just a troll here to harass members.

Look in a mirror sometime Mr. Troll.

In other news I ran across a blog that has a pretty good argument.

http://www.webstocknet.com/?p=374

sartresue
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2011, 2:17 pm

Not-rad-amyou? topic

He could always write a book, retire to conspiracy.glennbeck.com and tap into the lecture circuit.

Phuture Phounder of the Philosophy Phactory

NOT a believer of Mystic Woo-Woo

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2011, 2:19 pm

sartresue wrote:
Not-rad-amyou? topic

He could always write a book, retire to conspiracy.glennbeck.com and tap into the lecture circuit.

He's already a writer of fiction, nonfiction, and even children's books, he already does lectures, and is running two websites.

sartresue
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2011, 3:22 pm

Inuyasha wrote:
sartresue wrote:
Not-rad-amyou? topic

He's already a writer of fiction, nonfiction, and even children's books, he already does lectures, and is running two websites.

Multibecking topic

Methinks the man is burnt out. A change is as good as a vacation.

I hope he is aware of the differences between fiction and its opposite. :twisted:

Phuture Phounder of the Philosophy Phactory

NOT a believer of Mystic Woo-Woo

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2011, 3:40 pm

sartresue wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
sartresue wrote:
Not-rad-amyou? topic

Multibecking topic

Methinks the man is burnt out. A change is as good as a vacation.

I hope he is aware of the differences between fiction and its opposite. :twisted:

Here is the scary part, he actually does know the difference between fiction and reality.

Vexcalibur
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2011, 6:34 pm

Or does he?

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2011, 6:40 pm

Vexcalibur wrote:
Or does he?

Facts corroborate Glenn Beck's statements, otherwise Obama wouldn't have been scared that the Shirley Sherrod case would end up on Glenn Beck.

Vexcalibur
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2011, 6:46 pm

Quote:
Facts corroborate Glenn Beck's statements,

Or ... Do they?
Quote:
otherwise Obama wouldn't have been scared that ...
Or ... Was he?

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2011, 6:48 pm

Vexcalibur wrote:
Quote:
Facts corroborate Glenn Beck's statements,

Or ... Do they?
Quote:
otherwise Obama wouldn't have been scared that ...
Or ... Was he?

Shirley Sherrod was fired before they looked at the thing in context remember. The punchline is Glenn Beck didn't jump in until he had the facts and he came out in support of Ms. Sherrod. :lol: