Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Oodain
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2011, 7:04 pm

to be honest i can understand limiting it to tourists, it does atract a certain element today, something that in large part is because they are the only game in town so to speak.

the scent of the tamarillo is pungent and powerfull,
woe be to the nose who nears it.

TheKing
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2011, 11:49 pm

dionysian wrote:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20110527/wl_nm/us_dutch_cannabis

Quote:
AMSTERDAM (Reuters) – The Dutch government on Friday said it would start banning tourists from buying cannabis from "coffee shops" and impose restrictions on Dutch customers by the end of the year.

The Netherlands is well known for having one of Europe's most liberal soft drug policies that has made its cannabis shops a popular tourist attraction, particularly in Amsterdam.

Backed by the far-right party of anti-immigrant politician Geert Wilders, the coalition government that came into power last year announced plans to curb drug tourism as part of a nationwide program to promote health and fight crime.

i was planning on visiting Amsterdam once a year for the Cannabis Cup but apparently thats now out of the question

the dutch government obviously has NO IDEA of how much money they will lose i mean hundreds of millions of people easily visit those coffeeshops for weed annually they will lose BILLIONS if not more!

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2011, 12:05 am

SPKx wrote:
Good, now people can concentrate on the many wonderful museums in the city.

museums are so much better under the influence of cannabis though. lol

John_Browning
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2011, 12:09 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
SPKx wrote:
Good, now people can concentrate on the many wonderful museums in the city.

museums are so much better under the influence of cannabis though. lol

Why? Are you into abstract art or other pieces that normally don't make any sense while sober? Are you a Jackson Pollack or Pablo Picasso fan? :lol:

"A fear of weapons is a sign of ret*d sexual and emotional maturity."
-Sigmund Freud