Page 11 of 11 [ 175 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11

Barrett
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

21 Jun 2011, 10:50 pm

That's why I favor creating a black paramilitary militia with complete arbitrary powers to redress any crime on the spot...... such a militia that is DIRECTLY loyal and answerable only to Barack Obama and can override 'civilian' law-enforcement. This would balance things out, I think.

Robert Mugabe would be honorary Col.

JakobVirgil
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2011, 11:03 pm

Barrett wrote:
I'm also honoring my heritage with Lee, one of the greatest generals in history.

I DO favor cracking down on more white people using illicit drugs, but that would be profiling.......... which is wrong.

I favor dumping the drug war out as stupid.

I thought Great Generals win wars. Bobby Lee lost his :lol:

Their hungry thirsty roots??

http://jakobvirgil.blogspot.com/

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2011, 11:14 pm

Barrett wrote:
That's why I favor creating a black paramilitary militia with complete arbitrary powers to redress any crime on the spot...... such a militia that is DIRECTLY loyal and answerable only to Barack Obama and can override 'civilian' law-enforcement. This would balance things out, I think.

Robert Mugabe would be honorary Col.

Thank you. You have firmly located your mind set as to racial prejudice. Nothing more need be said.

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2011, 11:19 pm

Barrett wrote:
I'm also honoring my heritage with Lee, one of the greatest generals in history.

I DO favor cracking down on more white people using illicit drugs, but that would be profiling.......... which is wrong.

If even handedness is profiling I could only express doubts as to the quality of your dictionary.

Rommel was also a pretty good general, if you admire the military. And he also had strong sympathies against the US government.

Barrett

22 Jun 2011, 12:35 am

Its not wether Lee won or lost, its how he played the game. By the time Lee was given command of the ANV, I think the mammoth manpower and material advantages of the Union were already tipped too strongly in the fray no matter how inept the Union leadership was. Lee was forced eventually forced into a battle of attrition where any element of his human brilliance was eventually negated by the mass stacked against him. Lee basically pulled off the equivalent of showing up to a gun-fight and finding out he had been handed only a butter-knife to go to war with, but still almost winning.

Rommel was also royally screwed, but in an even much worse way to the point where he lost his life. I feel very sorry for Rommel, actually, with just the time and the circumstances of his command. A general like Napoleon, Hannibal, Pyrrhus, or Charles XII also "Lost" in the end, but they are still righfully ranked very high amongst all-time historical generals.

ikorack
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2011, 1:41 am

Sand wrote:
ikorack wrote:
Sand wrote:
ikorack wrote:
Sand wrote:
jrjones9933 wrote:
I tend to agree that Obama has done very little to advance the prospect of poor, black people. I don't know why, people already call him a racist.

Color-blindness would work if actually applied in hiring and housing, but no one can enforce it. In discussion and dialogue, where we could productively acknowledge color as an issue, color-blindness gets enforced easily.

Obama, like Clarence Thomas, is what is called an Oreo. Because he has done so little for blacks who have highly disproportionate problems with jobs, housing, incarceration he is, in fact, a racist, but not that type of racist assumed.

Oreo is a term used by jacka$$ and racists(of a special sort) to compel men to act as they wish on the basis of race. He has no obligations to anyone on the basis of skin color, he is not a racist for his lack of involvement with poor black people and neither is any other politician.(although there are probably some who are racist) But a lack of involvement or help towards a group that shares your skin color is not enough to label someone racist.

You have to be blind or totally ignorant to not acknowledge that Obama has the black vote sewed up because of his color. These people trusted him to be their leader in their interest. He has ignored them.

That doesn't make Obama racist(nor does it obligate him towards black people because of their race) and it doesn't mean you should use bigoted terms to describe him.

He does have an obligation to help American black people but that's only because they're American. In this he has failed. But still no reason to use such language.

The bulk of the comments try their best to ignore that there is a Tyrannosaurus Rex in the living room. Aside from the obviously vicious treatment of blacks in history it is very, very open and obvious that blacks are still getting the very dirty end of the stick and it is way beyond an attitude of ignorance to deny that, it is something much deeper and nastier. There is no doubt that Obama had and still has to a large extent the support of blacks simply because he is black and expected for that support to return a good deal of help to alleviate the miseries still very much in the country and which is a huge hypocrisy on all the stated basic values of the country. He has not done so and my characterizing him out of his lack of action is well deserved.

Again how does Obama being black and being voted in by some Blacks(and democrats and Whites,Asians,Hispanics, other probably some republicans and independents in there as well) allow you to justify the use of racist terms when describing him?

And how do the expectations of Black Americans(expectations they should have and voice for every president anyways) and his failure to live up to them make him an Oreo. The only thing he has in common with poor black Americans anyways is his skin color(the ones near his skin tone anyways) your use of the term Oreo is just ignorant and hateful.

Cyanide
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2011, 5:40 am

I find it strange how "negro" is now considered a racist term, when The United Negro College Fund exists.

I also find it odd how calling Asians "yellow" is racist when they call themselves that. I know for a fact that's true for the Chinese at the very least.

Chummy
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2011, 8:44 am

I don't live in america, but where I live there are people of many races, in quantities. I try to refer to one's color as little as possible. I actually don't do it at all unless he/she for some reason brings it up and then we have to mention it. I've seen on the news that young kids are racist by nature. They are afraid or simply hate what isn't like them. For example kids in a kindergarten prefer to play with the white kid over the black kid. I kinda find it hard to see where all this racism comes from. In america, sure. Bulk of the population is white. But where I live white is a minority. Most people are middle eastern brown and some are black.

JakobVirgil
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2011, 8:52 am

Barrett wrote:
Its not wether Lee won or lost, its how he played the game. By the time Lee was given command of the ANV, I think the mammoth manpower and material advantages of the Union were already tipped too strongly in the fray no matter how inept the Union leadership was. Lee was forced eventually forced into a battle of attrition where any element of his human brilliance was eventually negated by the mass stacked against him. Lee basically pulled off the equivalent of showing up to a gun-fight and finding out he had been handed only a butter-knife to go to war with, but still almost winning.

Rommel was also royally screwed, but in an even much worse way to the point where he lost his life. I feel very sorry for Rommel, actually, with just the time and the circumstances of his command. A general like Napoleon, Hannibal, Pyrrhus, or Charles XII also "Lost" in the end, but they are still righfully ranked very high amongst all-time historical generals.

Lee was a scumbag and a traitor who abandoned his post in the Union army.
He should have been shot as the spineless deserter he was. There is no honor in that man.
With that said I think allot of the illiteracy and incest issues in our country would be solved
if we would have let Y'all leave the union.
The idea that the secessionist, racist, america hating, ignorant part of the country is considered more
American than the Loyal section will never cease to amaze me.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2011, 8:58 am

JakobVirgil wrote:

Lee was a scumbag and a traitor who abandoned his post in the Union army.

In the days of Robert E. Lee the primary alliegience was to one's State. In those days States were considered sovereign countries which ceded a very small amount of sovereignity to the central government. So when Robert E. Lee resigned his commission and took up arms for Virginia, he was fighting for his country.

By the way, all of our Founding Fathers were traitors to King and Country.

ruveyn

Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2011, 8:59 am

@Jakob

While I do not value the strategic genius of Lee as much as some people, nor do I much care for the 'lost cause' reminiscent mentality of some who would rather focus on that, than the fact they were essentially fighting for slavery. Lee was great in the defense, but let his men be whittled away at Antietam and charged uphill into an entrenched enemy at Gettysburg. I do not think he was a 'scumbag' nor a 'traitor'... he was a man of honor, a man fighting for the wrong side for certain. However, if all soldiers fought for their causes as he did, then the world would be a better place.

Was not spoken of the soul.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2011, 9:05 am

91 wrote:
@Jakob

While I do not value the strategic genius of Lee as much as some people, nor do I much care for the 'lost cause' reminiscent mentality of some who would rather focus on that, than the fact they were essentially fighting for slavery. Lee was great in the defense, but let his men be whittled away at Antietam and charged uphill into an entrenched enemy at Gettysburg. I do not think he was a 'scumbag' nor a 'traitor'... he was a man of honor, a man fighting for the wrong side for certain. However, if all soldiers fought for their causes as he did, then the world would be a better place.

It wasn't all that uphill There spaces between Cemetary Ridge and Seminary Ridge is rather flat. It is only uphill at Culp's Hill and Little Roundtop.

Lee fought clean (unlike Nathan Bedford Forrest who murdered people who surrendered). But he fought clean for a bad cause.

ruveyn

JakobVirgil
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2011, 9:07 am

91 wrote:
@Jakob

I don't see how good men fighting for bad causes redeems the cause.
to me it debases the man.
Unless you mean fought unsuccessfully then sure if all soldiers for bad causes
like Lee, failed in defense of those causes, the world would be a better place.
in which case I agree with you.

Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2011, 9:45 am

JakobVirgil wrote:
I don't see how good men fighting for bad causes redeems the cause.
to me it debases the man.
Unless you mean fought unsuccessfully then sure if all soldiers for bad causes
like Lee, failed in defense of those causes, the world would be a better place.
in which case I agree with you.

I actually agree with everything you just said. I do think fighting for a bad causes impacts the man, even if he fights bravely for it. That however, does not detract from the honor a man gains for himself when he fights in a respectable way. My Grandfather always called Rommel a 'bastard' but in the most affectionate way. His demeanor and actions made a difference, even to his enemies; but not to his cause.

Was not spoken of the soul.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2011, 10:59 am

91 wrote:
I actually agree with everything you just said. I do think fighting for a bad causes impacts the man, even if he fights bravely for it. That however, does not detract from the honor a man gains for himself when he fights in a respectable way. My Grandfather always called Rommel a 'bastard' but in the most affectionate way. His demeanor and actions made a difference, even to his enemies; but not to his cause.

If Rommel have fought for any other cause than the Nazi cause he would have been admirable and few would have argued. Even so, he fought as clean as one could fight in WW2 and in the end he was turned against Hitler.

ruveyn