Page 1 of 4 [ 51 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2011, 11:24 am

End the war.
The video is old but it's message still applies.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZy04Knmhgc[/youtube]

READ THIS -> https://represent.us/

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2011, 12:23 pm

DarthMetaKnight wrote:
End the war.
The video is old but it's message still applies.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZy04Knmhgc[/youtube]

One cannot equate natural and accidental events with deliberate murder.

ruveyn

blauSamstag
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2011, 12:33 pm

ruveyn wrote:

Those saudis sure did a terrible thing to us.

But our reaction has clearly not been worth it.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2011, 12:38 pm

blauSamstag wrote:
ruveyn wrote:

Possibly. And it was mostly Egyptians. No we have not responded sufficiently to the deed.

The last time such a thing was done to us was by the Japanese in December of 1941. In that case we ultimately nuked two of their cities and burned down the rest (except for Kyoto which we left standing).

Clearly the correct response would have been to bomb Mecca and use the Kabba as an aiming point.

But we did not do that. We do not bomb the people we buy our oil from.

ruveyn

blauSamstag
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2011, 12:51 pm

ruveyn wrote:
blauSamstag wrote:
ruveyn wrote:

Possibly. And it was mostly Egyptians. No we have not responded sufficiently to the deed.

American Airlines Flight 11

Mohamed Atta (Egyptian)
Waleed al-Shehri (Saudi Arabian)
Wail al-Shehri (Saudi Arabian)
Abdulaziz al-Omari (Saudi Arabian)
Satam al-Suqami (Saudi Arabian)

United Airlines Flight 175

Marwan al-Shehhi (United Arab Emirati)
Fayez Banihammad (United Arab Emirati)
Mohand al-Shehri (Saudi Arabian)
Hamza al-Ghamdi (Saudi Arabian)
Ahmed al-Ghamdi (Saudi Arabian)

American Airlines Flight 77

Hani Hanjour (Saudi Arabian)
Khalid al-Mihdhar (Saudi Arabian)
Majed Moqed (Saudi Arabian)
Nawaf al-Hazmi (Saudi Arabian)
Salem al-Hazmi (Saudi Arabian)

United Airlines Flight 93

Ziad Jarrah (Lebanese)
Ahmed al-Haznawi (Saudi Arabian)
Ahmed al-Nami (Saudi Arabian)
Saeed al-Ghamdi (Saudi Arabian)

16 saudis, 2 emeratis, 1 lebanese, 1 egyptian.

No afghans, no iraqis.

WilliamWDelaney
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2011, 1:57 pm

Standard Oil.

simon_says
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2011, 2:14 pm

That won't pay off the debt. It wouldn't even balance the budget. Though it's part of the solution.

No one talks about paying off the debt. It's not even on the table. To do that you'll have to either raise taxes or cut all government to the bone.

pandabear
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2011, 6:35 pm

Or, swap territory for debt. The USA acquired Alaska from Katherine the Great when she needed funds. We should sell Texas to China.

zer0netgain
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2011, 9:29 pm

Sadly, I'm hearing scuttlebutt that war with Iran is planned as a possible "answer" to deal with the threat of economic collapse in America.

The lunatics indeed are running the asylum. :(

John_Browning
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2011, 10:45 pm

zer0netgain wrote:
Sadly, I'm hearing scuttlebutt that war with Iran is planned as a possible "answer" to deal with the threat of economic collapse in America.

Cool! Who wants to join me in a group buy of uranium on the commodities market? :D
j/k

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."
-Sigmund Freud

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2011, 7:13 am

zer0netgain wrote:

Why not? It worked for FDR.

ruveyn

blauSamstag
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2011, 12:06 pm

pandabear wrote:
Or, swap territory for debt. The USA acquired Alaska from Katherine the Great when she needed funds. We should sell Texas to China.

Offer 'em a deal if they take Oklahoma too.

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2011, 5:53 pm

blauSamstag wrote:

No afghans, no iraqis.

All trained in Afghanistan. The Taliban was fostering Al Queda.

That war was an easier sell because human rights advocates had been lobbying for the international community to remove the Taliban for at least a decade. Even the citizens of Afghanistan overwhelmingly wanted them out.

I'm no fan of war and no fan of Bush, Jr., but I accepted that decision.

Iraq ... that is another and more complicated story. I do not believe we should have ever entered that war, and I believe it was done on false information, willingly bought into for personal reasons. It also diverted resources too soon from Afghanistan, with the effect of prolonging the conflict there. I don't know if history will be able to look back and say "it was worth it."

John_Browning
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2011, 6:47 pm

DW_a_mom wrote:
Iraq ... that is another and more complicated story. I do not believe we should have ever entered that war, and I believe it was done on false information, willingly bought into for personal reasons. It also diverted resources too soon from Afghanistan, with the effect of prolonging the conflict there. I don't know if history will be able to look back and say "it was worth it."

There was a little bit of mustard gas in Iraq that got smuggled to Syria. Saddam Stonewalled inspectors and got it out just before the invasion. It was just a few cargo plane loads, so I don't know how strong the case for war would have been over that. The Mossad reports that Syria gave the mustard gas to Iran to place in warheads on their ballistic missiles, but they had an accident that destroyed most of the mustard gas and killed most of their technicians. Most of Iran's unfortunate events in recent years either turn out to be the work of the Mossad, or sure look like it.

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."
-Sigmund Freud

TheSnarkKnight
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

25 Jul 2011, 4:07 am

pandabear wrote:

Texas is the center of the American oil industry, and a large portion of our agricultural industry.

I'm surprised nobody has suggested legalizing drugs. Taxing them would help stabilize the budget, and legalizing them would reduce crime, and put an end to the senseless slaughter taking place down in Mexico. But the government will never go with that. Too many people are profiting from the War on Drugs.

blauSamstag
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2011, 8:04 am

John_Browning wrote:
DW_a_mom wrote:

There was a little bit of mustard gas in Iraq that got smuggled to Syria. Saddam Stonewalled inspectors and got it out just before the invasion. It was just a few cargo plane loads, so I don't know how strong the case for war would have been over that. The Mossad reports that Syria gave the mustard gas to Iran to place in warheads on their ballistic missiles, but they had an accident that destroyed most of the mustard gas and killed most of their technicians. Most of Iran's unfortunate events in recent years either turn out to be the work of the Mossad, or sure look like it.

I know a thing or two about mustard agent and this sounds like BS to me.

It's just too easy and cheap to make. The ingredients are common commodities that they probably already have in great quantities. I don't believe that any country with two chemistry PhD's to rub together would treat it like a valuable commodity.