Inuyasha wrote:
AceOfSpades wrote:
blauSamstag wrote:
AceOfSpades wrote:
Orwell wrote:
Illegal immigrants don't vote.
LMAO!! !! !! Wow hahaha I'm dying

Got any evidence that they vote?
Don't ask me, I wasn't laughing at Orwell. I was laughing at the fact that he had to resort to pointing out such an obvious fact.

Hasn't ACORN been convicted in some states of Voter Registration fraud, it isn't that much of a stretch to use fraudulent registrations, to produce fraudulent votes.

I'm not saying all illegal immigrants vote, I'm saying that there is a percentage of them that do, and like it or not if only 10% of them voted illegally, it could throw a close election.

Actually it is a bit of a stretch.

Submitting a registration form for a dead guy and showing up at a polling place with photo ID that says you're a dead guy are two completely separate things.

ACORN knew they had some people working for them who were turning in voter registration forms that were invalid in one way or another. They took the time to separate voter registration forms into plausible and implausible stacks. But the law requires that they turn in every registration form that has so much as a single pencil mark on it.

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2011, 12:23 am

techn0teen wrote:
DarthMetaKnight wrote:
Obama declared war with Libya without congressional approval.

http://www.e-news4u.com/news_details.php?/Libya/Crisis:/Obama/declares/Libya/War/without/Congress/approval/&id=7581

Should he get impeached for that?

Obama did not declare war on Libya. He did send troops overseas without congressional approval. So, yeah, he violated the War Powers Resolution Act of 1972. But do did George Bush II and Clinton. They didn't get impeached.

Uh, even Dennis Kuchinich admited Bush had congressional approval for Iraq.

In today's Twilight Zone moment, liberal stalwart Dennis Kucinich praised former President George W. Bush while slamming President Barack Obama for his handling of the conflict in Libya. This morning, the anti-war congressman took to C-SPAN to harangue Obama for dragging the U.S. into another war, while noting that Bush at least formally consulted Congress about the Iraq War prior to the U.S.-led invasion. "President Bush came to Congress ... President Obama doesn't feel like he needs to come to Congress," Kucinich said.
http://www.theatlanticwire.com/politics ... bya/38896/

techn0teen
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2011, 12:46 am

Inuyasha wrote:
techn0teen wrote:
DarthMetaKnight wrote:
Obama declared war with Libya without congressional approval.

http://www.e-news4u.com/news_details.php?/Libya/Crisis:/Obama/declares/Libya/War/without/Congress/approval/&id=7581

Should he get impeached for that?

Obama did not declare war on Libya. He did send troops overseas without congressional approval. So, yeah, he violated the War Powers Resolution Act of 1972. But do did George Bush II and Clinton. They didn't get impeached.

Uh, even Dennis Kuchinich admited Bush had congressional approval for Iraq.

In today's Twilight Zone moment, liberal stalwart Dennis Kucinich praised former President George W. Bush while slamming President Barack Obama for his handling of the conflict in Libya. This morning, the anti-war congressman took to C-SPAN to harangue Obama for dragging the U.S. into another war, while noting that Bush at least formally consulted Congress about the Iraq War prior to the U.S.-led invasion. "President Bush came to Congress ... President Obama doesn't feel like he needs to come to Congress," Kucinich said.
http://www.theatlanticwire.com/politics ... bya/38896/

I wasn't referring to Iraq. I was referring to the invasion of Afghanistan in 2001. Due to testimony from a friend involved, Muslim extremists retreated in Pakistan, a neighbor, and there was authorization to go into the Pakistani border to retrieve them.

If the President had to give that authorization doesn't it infringe on that law? I might be misunderstanding though.

simon_says
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2011, 1:08 am

As long as you are going after Al Qaeda or their allies, it's all covered by the 2001 AUMF. Doesn't matter where in terms of US law.

In Libya the administration argues that the US has pulled back to a supporting role since the first weeks. It's NATO (primarily UK and France) who are bombing and using helicopter gunships today.

In fact it's almost over. The supply lines to Tripoli were cut by rebels last weekend. There will either be a rapid collapse, a siege, or a final battle for Tripoli in the near future.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

19 Aug 2011, 3:59 am

WorldsEdge wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
That's not blanket amnesty. One, it's on a case by case basis for those who fit a certain criteria and two, they're just canceling deportation proceedings right now to prioritize the deportation of criminals so I wouldn't exactly call it amnesty as in they could just deport them later.

Yeah, sure. They'll just deport them later. :roll: You actually believe that? Seriously?

Quote:
What Reagan did in 86 with an act of congress was "blanket amnesty", not this.

Actually, I do remember that. It was also supposed to be some sort of line drawn in the sand, and that henceforth enforcement of existing laws would become much, much stricter regarding anyone who entered the country illegally. Care to defend that part?

And if you should ever want to read a truly breath-taking speech of lie piled upon lie, dig up the oration Ted Kennedy made with the mess Congress passed in 1967. Absolutely nothing he claimed occurred as he said it would, even in the immediate aftermath of the law's passage. And, in reality, all US immigration policy since that time has been little more than a footnote to the '67 act, including the '86 dog and pony show. Which was utter pig excrement in its reasoning and in its later implementation.

But for some weird reason certain politicians -- including quite a few with (R) as their party designation -- seem hellbent on recreating Yugoslavia within US borders. Completely mystifying.

Though perhaps the most mysterious thing of all to me is how behavior of this sort could possibly come from an African-American president. viz:

But with brilliant minds like Jacoby on the case, spearheading the Rainbow Coalition, all parties will doubtless join hands and sing a rousing chorus of Kumbaya before sunset.

Though I suppose the above gives Obama an out the next time anyone tries to pin the ol' Jeremiah Wright meme on him: After all, he can hardly be accused of favoring African-Americans when the actions of his Justice Department do nothing to slow down the open season declared upon said group a decade or so ago, right?

I don't think I've ever been accused of leading the 'Rainbow Coalition' but okay. I don't support amnesty in any form, I just don't consider this "blanket amnesty". I don't have much of a problem the prioritizing the deportation of criminals before more productive immigrants altho I don't think their cases should be forgiven or anything either. Honestly, deportation is a waste of money since it costs a lot. We'd be better off paying them $5000 to voluntarily leave to their home country than paying double that for a deportation proceeding which may or may not not even succeed. The way to stop illegal immigration is to put an end to incentive to illegally immigrate and to secure the borders.

and yes, Obama should be impeached for his adventure in Libya but he won't.

piroflip
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Aug 2011, 4:15 am

The only true Americans have feathers in their hats.

In any case whether your president had congressional authorization to INVADE other nations or not you are still the biggest warmongers and bullies since Hitler.

Who voted you the world's police with the power to topple other nations's governments?

John_Browning
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2011, 4:15 am

Inuyasha wrote:
Orwell wrote:
AceOfSpades wrote:
blauSamstag wrote:
AceOfSpades wrote:
Orwell wrote:

Don't ask me, I wasn't laughing at Orwell. I was laughing at the fact that he had to resort to pointing out such an obvious fact.

It's bizarre that people seem to think Mexicans just walk into polling locations and vote without being asked to show identification. I am a native-born American and white as they come, and in 2008 I needed my original Social Security card and birth certificate with me at the polling place before they would let me vote. Now, granted, they didn't ask for my long-form birth certificate, but given the hoops I had to jump through I have to suspect the rate of successful voter fraud is relatively low.

Yeah I'm well aware about the ID law. I'm also aware the Democrats and leftist groups sued to try to have that law thrown out.

No such safety measures are in place in California, and it as the largest number of congressmen and electoral votes. 8O

The situation with the alien invaders is exploding! It's a lot like an old short Disney cartoon I once saw about guinea pigs that were left hanging around and started reproducing. :lol:

"A fear of weapons is a sign of ret*d sexual and emotional maturity."
-Sigmund Freud

Vexcalibur
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2011, 10:24 am

ruveyn wrote:
Vexcalibur wrote:
OH NO! US WILL GET FULL OF IMNGRANTS

All native americans should expell white man and make a native-only nation.

Only on condition that the white-eyes take all their inventions and ideas away with them, leaving the Native Peoples to hunting, gathering and living on roots and berries.

ruveyn
Inventions belong to the human species, not a "race". So logic does not add up.

piroflip wrote:
The only true Americans have feathers in their hats.

In any case whether your president had congressional authorization to INVADE other nations or not you are still the biggest warmongers and bullies since Hitler.

Who voted you the world's police with the power to topple other nations's governments?

Actually, there are indications that some Asian peoples were first.

Philologos
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2011, 10:52 am

Vexcalibur wrote:

The problem with THAT, amic, is that it would be imperative to determine whether the Bororo or the Yahgan can trace their ancestors to the FIRST wave. We are pretty sure the Inuit are the last in, but we need to sort. How many waves will be allowed to stay, and what degree of admixture should be tolerated?

JakobVirgil
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2011, 10:59 am

Philologos wrote:
Vexcalibur wrote:

The problem with THAT, amic, is that it would be imperative to determine whether the Bororo or the Yahgan can trace their ancestors to the FIRST wave. We are pretty sure the Inuit are the last in, but we need to sort. How many waves will be allowed to stay, and what degree of admixture should be tolerated?

Most Mexicans would get to stay

Their hungry thirsty roots??

http://jakobvirgil.blogspot.com/

Orwell
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2011, 11:09 am

Philologos wrote:
Vexcalibur wrote:

Everybody goes back to the original home of their oldest traceable ancestor. So, you know, deep-sea vents or something like that.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2011, 12:33 pm

Vexcalibur wrote:

Inventions belong to the inventors who grant us a favor by selling us copies on condition that we do not copy them.

ruveyn

John_Browning
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2011, 1:04 am

Vexcalibur wrote:
ruveyn wrote:
Vexcalibur wrote:

Only on condition that the white-eyes take all their inventions and ideas away with them, leaving the Native Peoples to hunting, gathering and living on roots and berries.

ruveyn

Inventions belong to the patent holder. Inventions would belong to Indians if they ever had an R&D program. If you were Steve Jobbs, would you really want some natives in the Amazon, Vanuatu, or New Guinea getting credit by association for the iPad, even if you ever showed them one they would either worship you or kill you for the magical powers you wield? Perhaps we can consider giving such groups credit for the Hubble telescope and space probes once they advance their level of technology beyond shrinking heads. :P

JakobVirgil wrote:
Most Mexicans would get to stay.

Maybe, but if Mexicans had their way with the place, nobody would want to live here, and then would get hostile and indignant when people on other continents have a problem with them sneaking in and pulling the same old sh** that made their old home uninhabitable in the first place. Mexicans may consider themselves a proud people with a long tradition, but their culture behaves more like flesh-eating bacteria than any kind of advanced civilization anyone else would want to model themselves after...except maybe the Somalis and North Koreans...[quote]

"A fear of weapons is a sign of ret*d sexual and emotional maturity."
-Sigmund Freud

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2011, 1:28 am

Orwell wrote:
AceOfSpades wrote:
blauSamstag wrote:
AceOfSpades wrote:
Orwell wrote:

It's bizarre that people seem to think Mexicans just walk into polling locations and vote without being asked to show identification. I am a native-born American and white as they come, and in 2008 I needed my original Social Security card and birth certificate with me at the polling place before they would let me vote. Now, granted, they didn't ask for my long-form birth certificate, but given the hoops I had to jump through I have to suspect the rate of successful voter fraud is relatively low.

Illegals generally have no form of ID at all. If I want to avoid hiring an illegal for gardening or housework it is as simple as telling the prospect that I want a copy of their driver's license for my records. Suddenly they are too busy to take the job.

Inuyasha, you've got to get down on the streets and stop listening to pundits and exaggerators.

Last edited by DW_a_mom on 20 Aug 2011, 1:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2011, 1:53 am

John_Browning wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
Orwell wrote:
AceOfSpades wrote:
blauSamstag wrote:
AceOfSpades wrote:
Orwell wrote:

Yeah I'm well aware about the ID law. I'm also aware the Democrats and leftist groups sued to try to have that law thrown out.

No such safety measures are in place in California, and it as the largest number of congressmen and electoral votes. 8O

The situation with the alien invaders is exploding! It's a lot like an old short Disney cartoon I once saw about guinea pigs that were left hanging around and started reproducing. :lol:

Oddly, I don't know what protections we do or don't have. But I know that only a fraction of the legal Hispanics in my area are registered to vote, its not really part of the culture they have here, and I would be shocked if anyone illegal ever tried. They live in the shadows, you guys don't seem to understand what that means. Any little question makes them skittish. They don't want to be deported. And most illegals lack formal education, meaning that figuring out how to do it would be difficult.

Going back to the first post, many are forgetting that many local governments asked for the stay. The holds on non-threatening illegals required by the Feds have been over running local law enforcement resources. My city has been trying to get this action for years. We don't have the money to jail people who aren't dangerous for extended periods of time while the Feds try to catch up on their deportations, and local resources are also what get stuck when illegal dad is deported leaving behind legal wife and citizen baby. The federal rules take too much time and money away from where it is needed more. This ruling lets everyone focus their efforts where they are needed most. If you want more deportations, you figure out how to pay for it. We can't cut spending and close borders at the same time, yet the same people call for both. The math just doesn't work, and the government has to pick it's battles.

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2011, 2:02 am

DW_a_mom wrote:
John_Browning wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
Orwell wrote:
AceOfSpades wrote:
blauSamstag wrote:
AceOfSpades wrote:
Orwell wrote:

Oddly, I don't know what protections we do or don't have. But I know that only a fraction of the legal Hispanics in my area are registered to vote, its not really part of the culture they have here, and I would be shocked if anyone illegal ever tried. They live in the shadows, you guys don't seem to understand what that means. Any little question makes them skittish. They don't want to be deported. And most illegals lack formal education, meaning that figuring out how to do it would be difficult.

Going back to the first post, many are forgetting that many local governments asked for the stay. The holds on non-threatening illegals required by the Feds have been over running local law enforcement resources. My city has been trying to get this action for years. We don't have the money to jail people who aren't dangerous for extended periods of time while the Feds try to catch up on their deportations, and local resources are also what get stuck when illegal dad is deported leaving behind legal wife and citizen baby. The federal rules take too much time and money away from where it is needed more. This ruling lets everyone focus their efforts where they are needed most. If you want more deportations, you figure out how to pay for it. We can't cut spending and close borders at the same time, yet the same people call for both. The math just doesn't work, and the government has to pick it's battles.

Uh marriage is a way to get legal status to live in the United States, the father wouldn't have to worry at that point if he is actually married...

Some states do not check ID when you are voting, in fact Democrats tried to get my state's Voter ID law thrown out and it went all the way to the US Supreme Court.