Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Roman
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2011, 1:35 pm

Before you judge me, I want to give a little bit of a background. I was born Jewish (100% Jewish on both of my parents lines), although I became Christian later on in life. I also admire some Jews, like Albert Einstein. In fact, stats show that half of the nobel louriats are either Jewish or half Jewish. Given that my own choice of career is physics, I think this is far more important than what I am about to discuss.

But just to make a record straight, I don't think Jewish people are very strong. They might be smart, but definitely not strong. For one thing, I can't think of a single sports star that is Jewish. Also Jews have overprotective mothers. Also the fact that Jews tend to want to be around other Jews is a clear sign of insecurity. For example, my mother probably doesn't believe in God anyway. But she feels "more secure" if she associates around people that "feel Jewish". Probably it is more along the lines of Jewish people helping each other. Well, my question to her is: how do non-Jews survive without being part of some small community that helps each other? The answer is probably that non-Jews are a lot stronger so they don't need this help, but Jews are too weak to be independant.

Also lets take the holocaust. When my grandmother ran from the Nazis with the rest of her family, there was a Russian soldier who informed them that they are surrounded by the German armies, and they won't escape unless they agree for him to give them a ride. But he was in a hurry so he didn't have time to wait. THey were supposed to just jump on his vehicle and leave all of their posessions behind. Well, my granommther and her parents jumped, but her aunt didn't, because she didn't want to leave posessions behind, so she got killed. Now why did she do it? Well, she was "too weak" to imagine a life without posessions so for her it was "just not an option".

Now, this is just one small example of a more general pattern. When Germany started the holocaust, the order was NOT "kill all Jews". Rather the order was "Jews have to leave Germany OR die". So the reason they died is basically because they were too afraid to leave Germany. But why is it such a big deal to leave the country? I just went all the way to India in order to do a postdoc and it is not such a big deal for me! I guess it is a Jewish thing to be too scared to do anything they are not used to, thats why they didn't want to leave.

And, by the way, my Jewish mother was strongly against my going to India for the postdoc, just like she was also against my going away from home for grad school (and my grad school was a lot closer to home -- my home was in Berkeley and my grad school was in Minnesota, both in USA). Now granted in my case it is because of my Asperger. But when I read most of the other aspies on this board, I usually read complains how your parents are not understanding enough, how they insist you are NT and don't believe you you are aspie. Well, in my case the situation is the opposite: my parents take my Asperger way too seriously and won't give me enough independance. Probably being Jewish is part of this.

Going back to the issue of holocaust. So suppose the Jews made their wrong choices and didn't leave Germany. So here they are in the concentration camp. But there are only few dozens of soldiers there. Why did few dozens of soldiers kill 6 million of Jews? Again, this proves how weak Jews are. Okay, fine. Soldiers had guns and Jews did not. BUt then how about the pogroms in the 19-th century Russia. Back then neither side had guns. Yet, Jews were the one who always "lost" every pogrom, and Russians were the ones who always "won".

Another thing to point out is that usually men don't like it pointed out that they are not strong or whatever. Well with the Jews it is the opposite. They like to keep talking about their plight in order to get sympathy. This, again, proves that they don't have an honor of a man. They don't feel any conflict between losing one fight after the other with their male identity. On the contrary, they feel that being a losign side is part of their Jewish identity which overruns any sense of male pride they would have had.

In fact, being "persecutted" is so much ingrained into Jewish identity that anyone who tries to help them out is automatically their enemy. For example, back during Bush vs Gore campaign, my grandmother was really upset that Gore picked Lieberman for vice president. She was certain that no one would vote for Gore (and she was on Gore's side otherwise). Well, for one thing she was worng: clearly the votes split 50/50. But, anyway, my mom told her that at least Gore would get Jewish vote. My grandmother's response was that she doesn't think Jews would vote for Gore either: she said they would be "too angry to vote for him". So why would Jews be ANGRY that someone made picked a Jew for vice president? Most people would be greatful, not angry. Well, Jews would be angry because it conflicts with their "persectution" identity. After all, being "persecutted" is part of who they are and they don't want it changed. That is probalby why they don't feel ashamed that Germans managed to kill so many of them and they were too weak to resist.

authormum
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

02 Sep 2011, 1:51 pm

You can't think of a single sports star who is Jewish? Maybe you should educate yourself. Ever heard of Sandy Koufax? First 3 time Cy Young award winner in baseball history? Mark Spitz, who won 7 gold medals for swimming at the 1972 Olympics, a record only just surpassed by Michael Phelps in the 2008 Olympics. 12-time Olympic medalist Dara Torres? Tennis player Brad Gilbert (at one time ranked #4 in the world) "Hammerin" Hank Greenberg, who still holds the American League RBI record for single season by a right handed batter.

If you decide to leave the faith that is your prerogative. But to post a bigoted, ignorant, anti-Semitic post like this is abhorrent.