Page 1 of 7 [ 110 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2011, 4:14 pm

Yes, I think Lebanon's independence was a big mistake.

Yes, that's true, we should have convert to a French territory instead, like the Guadalupe Island.

We were so close, but noooo, nationalists ruined it all. They wanted a 'free' Lebanon.

We would be French citizens by now, and part of the EU too, we would have the EURO currency instead of our dollarized Lira. French social security, French economy and most importantly French national security.

No one of our neighbors would dare to screw with us because France would f**k them. The Israeli jets wouldn't dare to fly in our skies, the Syrian tanks wouldn't dare to violate our borders, Hezbollah wouldn't have been even created by Iran, and the Baath's Lebanese dogs wouldn't wield any power, that if they would ever exist in the French Lebanon.

Sectarianism? It wouldn't be much of a great deal when all factions are satisfied and feel secured.

Instead of being owned by Syria/Iran/KSA, we could have been a part of France instead, the independence was a huge mistaken and loss of a great opportunity.

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2011, 4:17 pm

Independence only works in a large country like Russia and America ect

Gedrene
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2011, 4:19 pm

Joker wrote:

Laughable.

You can't just blame Lebanon's troubles on independence. You can blame it far more on religious strife, and more correctly on religious extremism in general.

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2011, 4:22 pm

Gedrene wrote:
Joker wrote:

Laughable.

You can't just blame Lebanon's troubles on independence. You can blame it far more on religious strife, and more correctly on religious extremism in general.

Oh yeah lets all play the blame religion game :roll:

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2011, 4:25 pm

Gedrene wrote:
Joker wrote:

Laughable.

The religious strife isn't the only reason for Lebanon's troubles, the main reason of Lebanon's troubles is its incapability to defend itself from outsiders and their influence. We should have picked to merge with an outsider instead, the French would be the best choice.

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2011, 4:27 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Gedrene wrote:
Joker wrote:

Laughable.

The religious strife isn't the only reason for Lebanon's troubles, the main reason of Lebanon's troubles is its incapability to defend itself from outsiders and their influence. We should have picked to merge with an outsider instead, the French would be the best choice.

That I agree with.

Jono
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2011, 4:33 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Gedrene wrote:
Joker wrote:

Laughable.

Is this a parody of something? To say something to the effect of "Lebanon should of remained a French colony" isn't exactly like you. I don't think I would agree with that statement.

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2011, 4:40 pm

Jono wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Gedrene wrote:
Joker wrote:

Laughable.

Is this a parody of something? To say something to the effect of "Lebanon should of remained a French colony" isn't exactly like you. I don't think I would agree with that statement.

I kinda agree with the face of boo.

Gedrene
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2011, 4:46 pm

Joker wrote:
Gedrene wrote:
Joker wrote:

Laughable.

Oh yeah lets all play the blame religion game :roll:

I said religious strife and religious extremism.

Can you actually read?

Also if you know anything about Lebanon you'll know that religious strife is extremely important to Lebanon's troubles.

Gedrene
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2011, 4:48 pm

Joker wrote:
Jono wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Gedrene wrote:
Joker wrote:

Laughable.

I kinda agree with the face of boo.

If some arbitrary thing didn't happen then we wouldn't havall these problems! it's about the most oblivious stumbling I have seen in a while in an argument.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2011, 4:59 pm

Jono wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Gedrene wrote:
Joker wrote:

Laughable.

Nope, I am dead serious.

Guadeloupe and other overseas French territories are no more considered colonies, their statuses have changed to French citizens.

Since Lebanon's "Independence" Lebanon never been really independent per se, Palestinians, Israelis, Syrians ...all had their turns to rule it , and now it's Iran's.

JakobVirgil
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2011, 5:08 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Jono wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Gedrene wrote:
Joker wrote:

Laughable.

Nope, I am dead serious.

Guadeloupe and other overseas French territories are no more considered colonies, their statuses have changed to French citizens.

Since Lebanon's "Independence" Lebanon never been really independent per se, Palestinians, Israelis, Syrians ...all had their turns to rule it , and now it's Iran's.

If Israel remained a British colony would they be better off now?

Their hungry thirsty roots??

http://jakobvirgil.blogspot.com/

Gedrene
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2011, 5:09 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Jono wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Gedrene wrote:
Joker wrote:

Laughable.

Nope, I am dead serious.

Lebanon's problems stem from religious internicine conflict and their inability to work with each other.

JakobVirgil
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2011, 5:13 pm

Gedrene wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Jono wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Gedrene wrote:
Joker wrote:

Laughable.

Nope, I am dead serious.

Lebanon's problems stem from religious internicine conflict and their inability to work with each other.

Yes, being next to Israel has nothing to do with it.

Their hungry thirsty roots??

http://jakobvirgil.blogspot.com/

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2011, 5:21 pm

JakobVirgil wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Jono wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Gedrene wrote:
Joker wrote:

Laughable.

Nope, I am dead serious.

If Israel remained a British colony would they be better off now?

Maybe yes, both Jews and Arabs would be British citizens then no bloodshed.

But the Brits were never good in maintaining and assimilating their colonies, they never developed them much and in a way to become potential UK territories. that's why the US and Australia exist. The French were always better at that.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2011, 5:25 pm

JakobVirgil wrote:
Gedrene wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Jono wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Gedrene wrote:
Joker wrote:

Laughable.

Nope, I am dead serious.

Yes, being next to Israel has nothing to do with it.

Yes, I agree, I am not blaming Israel here.

But a small country wouldn't survive independently in this region, that's why Lebanon's troubles will never come to end.

Do you think Israel would have survived without all those US funds and military support it got?