Nate Silver gives Huntsman best chance of beating Obama WTF

Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

JakobVirgil
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2011, 3:38 pm

nytimes interactive feature based on Gdp growth
http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2011/11/03/magazine/538-gdp-election-calculator.html

Their hungry thirsty roots??

http://jakobvirgil.blogspot.com/

waltur
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2011, 3:54 pm

JakobVirgil wrote:

I also like to pretend that the least crazy (read as: least extreme) candidate has the best chance of beating the incumbent in a general election.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2011, 4:27 pm

waltur wrote:
JakobVirgil wrote:

I also like to pretend that the least crazy (read as: least extreme) candidate has the best chance of beating the incumbent in a general election.

If he is sane he will be trounced in the primaries.

Huntsman speaks Mandarin. Very impressive.

ruveyn

pandabear
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2011, 5:52 pm

It is possible that Mr. Huntsman will eventually cycle to the top. The crazy woman went up, and then down. The goofy Texan went up, and then down. The pervert's popularity will decline next. Then, it will be someone else's turn to share frontrunner status with Mitt Romney.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2011, 6:23 pm

pandabear wrote:
It is possible that Mr. Huntsman will eventually cycle to the top. The crazy woman went up, and then down. The goofy Texan went up, and then down. The pervert's popularity will decline next. Then, it will be someone else's turn to share frontrunner status with Mitt Romney.

Mitt is closest to a stereotypical politician. I think he will emerge in the end and the real wild right wingers will have to bite their lips and grit their teeth.

ruveyn

femme
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

05 Nov 2011, 7:01 pm

ruveyn wrote:
pandabear wrote:

Mitt is closest to a stereotypical politician. I think he will emerge in the end and the real wild right wingers will have to bite their lips and grit their teeth.

ruveyn

I would consider my self a right-wing political Jew but Mitt is okay for a gentile in my opinion so what if he is a Mormon at least he has a shot at being our next president.

Plus is will upset Joker he just never cared for Mitt Romney which is another reason I would want him to win :lol:

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

05 Nov 2011, 7:09 pm

Liberals love Huntsman for some reason, he's probably a darkhorse Obama VP pick if he dumps Joe Biden. Certainly more likely than him winning the GOP nomination. The little interactive thing on the NYT is just self-serving and not really worth looking at since they don't include Ron Paul or Newt Gingrich but still include Bachmann, Perry, and Huntsman who regularly poll well below them which is a shame since the chances on GDP thing is pretty interesting. I do find it pretty interesting the default setting is 2.3% when when it's being forecast at I believe 1.8% with the keyword being forecast. There is a good chance it will will be even lower with a real risk of the economy falling back into recession. 2.3% is hardly optimistic tho and unemployment is sill expected to be above 8.5%.

If you don't believe there is any media bias, just look at the attention Huntsman gets compared to his polling numbers which are somewhere between Buddy Roemer and Gary Johnson. He gets invited to every debate too. He's

Another interesting thing is beating of the war drums with Iran. That's been going on for years now so who knows how serious things are now. That may be your October surprise.

minervx
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2011, 8:10 pm

i like huntsman and think he certainly has more credentials to be president than other candidates, but since his arguments are grounded in logic rather than attempts to impassion the audience with trite platitudes, he doesn't stand a chance.

JakobVirgil
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2011, 8:17 pm

minervx wrote:
i like huntsman and think he certainly has more credentials to be president than other candidates, but since his arguments are grounded in logic rather than attempts to impassion the audience with trite platitudes, he doesn't stand a chance.

In the primary or in the general?

Their hungry thirsty roots??

http://jakobvirgil.blogspot.com/

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2011, 8:51 pm

JakobVirgil wrote:
minervx wrote:

In the primary or in the general?

Intellectuals generally do not turn the voters on. A candidate must appeal to the passions of the voting public.

ruveyn

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2011, 11:12 pm

Actually, I think I know the ticket that can beat Obama easily in 2012.

Gingrich/Cain

or

Cain/Gingrich

Gingrich actually has a record of balancing the Federal Budget and Herman Cain has actually ran successful businesses.

phil777
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2011, 12:17 am

Wait, are you suggesting that governing the USA is like governing a business? <.<

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

06 Nov 2011, 12:35 am

Inuyasha wrote:

Gingrich/Cain

or

Cain/Gingrich

Gingrich actually has a record of balancing the Federal Budget and Herman Cain has actually ran successful businesses.

they would get their butts kicked

and they're from the same state

LKL
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2011, 3:34 am

Inuyasha wrote:

Gingrich/Cain

or

Cain/Gingrich

Barf.
Evil/Stupid
or
Stupid/Evil.
Way to go, Republicans.

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2011, 2:47 pm

LKL wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:

Gingrich/Cain

or

Cain/Gingrich

Barf.
Evil/Stupid
or
Stupid/Evil.
Way to go, Republicans.

Did you watch the debate yesterday?

I'm guessing you didn't cause you clearly have no idea what you are talking about.

pandabear
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2011, 3:20 pm

Don't forget: Fat and Sinful. Both of them.