interesting theory about Atlantis and Aspergia

Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

snake321
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2006, 4:05 pm

Though I do not believe in this theory, I do find in entertaining. Truthfully I don't even believe in Atlantis, but there was a theory that Atlantis was Aspergia, that when Atlantis collapsed the ones who made it off spread across the globe and bred into the NTs... Which I do find to be a highly unlikely scenario but it's still interesting.

lae
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2006, 12:37 am

Would that make us really, really dumb because we didn't foresee Atlantis' destruction, or really, really smart because we had survivors that made it to safety? :)

Xuincherguixe
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2006, 12:47 am

We couldn't be that smart, because look who we had to deal with now? :P

snake321
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2006, 5:04 pm

I doubt very seriously this theory is correct. I don't even really believe Atlantis ever existed, I mean it defies all logic... I believe in what scientists call Anguanaland, all continents were once together and the plates shifted apart... And when you look at the world map the 7 continents fit together perfectly... There is nowhere in the Atlantic ocean where another continent would fit into this puzzle. I just thought it was an interesting theory reguardless of it's likely innaccuracy.

Barracuda
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2006, 3:22 pm

Ah, yes, this: http://www.aspergia.com/index.htm
I found it while doing my report. Interesting, but improbable. I did like how the society worked, though.

AegNuddel
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

16 Sep 2006, 3:38 pm

Actually they are theorizing that Atlantis was part of Crete and Santori. Possible I guess, but where did it go? Did they just kick the residents out?

superfantastic
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2006, 3:54 pm

I think that site was just joking.

Veresae
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2006, 4:49 pm

Too bad we don't turn into tritons when we swim.... >.<

waterdogs
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2006, 9:12 pm

theres some place like atlantis over in japan

McJeff
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Sep 2006, 10:40 pm

snake321 wrote:
I doubt very seriously this theory is correct. I don't even really believe Atlantis ever existed, I mean it defies all logic... I believe in what scientists call Anguanaland, all continents were once together and the plates shifted apart... And when you look at the world map the 7 continents fit together perfectly... There is nowhere in the Atlantic ocean where another continent would fit into this puzzle. I just thought it was an interesting theory reguardless of it's likely innaccuracy.

Actually, the supercontinent was called Pangea. It existed during the Triassic (when the Dinosaurs first evolved). In the Jurassic, it split into two still-huge continents, Laurasia and Gondwanaland, which I think is what you are thinking of when you mention Anguanaland.

snake321
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2006, 11:29 pm

Thanx for correcting me there. Honestly I only heard the term once, that was back during my middle school years during the early 90's. I haven't studied deeply into it but I did know of plate shifts and how the continents fit together like a puzzle.

Therion
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

28 Sep 2006, 8:03 am

Aspergia is just trying to create some type of mythos, just like some phalanxes of the HBT community tried in the 90;s. Myths are not supposed to be real facts, and this stuff about Atlantis being Aspergia, or even some sort of mythical holy land from the beginning, is just ripped off from Judaism, which in it's turn ripped it off older religions. I think that Aspergia are discrediting themselves, but maybe it has some good psychological effects for some aspies.

Aspie1
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2006, 1:44 am

Ripped off or not, Aspergia sounds like a wonderful concept. The notion of eventually returning to their homeland has kept the Jewish culture alive for nearly 2,000 years. The Jews did return there, in 1948, when Israel was founded. Now it's a thriving, modern nation, albeit hated by many. So why can't we have something like this? We just might have had our own land, where aspies could live in peace and harmony, undisturbed by agressive NTs. Tragically, that land was destroyed. Maybe many years down the road, we can reestablish our homeland, just like the Jews did. Israel has a beautiful national anthem, titled "HaTikvah", Hebrew for "the Hope", which refers to the hope for returning to one's land. I think we should be able to have that hope too. Just imagine yourself in the wonderful land you can call your own, where you can live the aspie way, with no NT interference.
Here is only a small subset of the wonders of Aspergia.
:arrow: You can get a job based on your qualifications and merit, not how well you can sell yourself at the interview.
:arrow: You can walk down the hall in school without being bullied at every step of the way.
:arrow: Clothes are simply a way of covering your body, not a fashion statement.
:arrow: Stimming and rocking is not looked down upon.
:arrow: Social interaction is ruled by a script that everybody follows; each situation has its own scripted way to get through.
:arrow: Road rage and street crime doesn't exist.
:arrow: You walk down the street looking at the sky, and no one yells anything from passing cars.
:arrow: And so many more wonders, it just warms your heart.

hypermind
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

30 Sep 2006, 3:43 am

nope. if atlantis was aspergia, then who were the classical autistic? or other autism forms?

snake321
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2006, 11:59 am

Most people seem to attack you and say your discriminating against NTs if you suggest the idea of an aspie nation, these people are stupid. I guess jews were anti-christian when they set up Israel (sarcasm).
There are efforts being made towards this, on AFF website. Problem with autism activism is nobody wants to or is able to get involved. They seem to think whining and pissing and moaning on a computer is gonna magically solve their problems. But if we're gonna get out of this slump we're gonna need protests, marches, fund raisers, etc.
You Can't get something for nothing
You can't have freedom for free
You won't get wise with the sleep still in your eyes
No matter what your dreams may be

(I hate rush but I loved that line)

greyhelium
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2006, 5:53 am

atlantis was just a story created by plato which others have taken and elaborated on, but the idea of a aspie continent sounds kinda... intresting... its intresting to think would it be better with just aspies or are we predominantly unable to cope without some kind of NT influence?...

and i agree with some other posters, by ssaying this its the equivilent of saying that germans are a superior nation who came from atlantis and mixed with 'lesser' beings... not that it isnt flattering to be considered an advanced race :D