Page 1 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

mikecartwright
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

User avatar

Joined: 15 Sep 2007
Age: 32
Gender: Male
Posts: 400

20 Nov 2011, 9:23 pm

I am interested in Islam do you think Islam is a bad religion or good ? In my view Islam is a beautiful religion I just can't trust what the Media here in the West says about Islam.

http://learnaboutislam.org/



LjosalfrBlot
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

User avatar

Joined: 22 Oct 2011
Age: 31
Gender: Male
Posts: 135

20 Nov 2011, 10:22 pm

Yes, degrading women is good... No?



MasterJedi
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 22 Oct 2010
Age: 46
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,160
Location: in an open field west of a white house

20 Nov 2011, 11:07 pm

read

http://www.skepticsannotatedbible.com/q ... /long.html


_________________
That is my spot, in an ever changing world, it is a single point of consistency. If my life were expressed as a function on a four dimensional Cartesian coordinate system, that spot, from the moment I first sat on it, would be 0-0-0-0.


Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 19 Jun 2008
Age: 31
Gender: Male
Posts: 12,327
Location: Montreal

20 Nov 2011, 11:41 pm

The media is irrelevant. You need only read about the history of Islam to understand the problem it presents to a modern society. The same can be said for most religions though


_________________
Opportunities multiply as they are seized. -Sun Tzu
Nature creates few men brave, industry and training makes many -Machiavelli
You can safely assume that you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do


Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 25 Feb 2006
Age: 31
Gender: Male
Posts: 30,500
Location: Lancashire, UK

21 Nov 2011, 12:23 am

Vigilans wrote:
The same can be said for most religions though


True enough, but the difference is that Christianity (and mainly Judaism) has gone through its Reformation and has had a secular liberalisation so that it mainly does not pose the threats to freedom and general good living that Islam does. In its present state, Islam frankly threatens the West's sense of freedom, democracy and the rights of women, gays, Jews and others.



Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 19 Jun 2008
Age: 31
Gender: Male
Posts: 12,327
Location: Montreal

21 Nov 2011, 12:27 am

Tequila wrote:
Vigilans wrote:
The same can be said for most religions though


True enough, but the difference is that Christianity (and mainly Judaism) has gone through its Reformation and has had a secular liberalisation so that it mainly does not pose the threats to freedom and general good living that Islam does. In its present state, Islam frankly threatens the West's sense of freedom, democracy and the rights of women, gays, Jews and others.


I almost feel that modern Christianity is going through a de-Reformation... Be thankful you don't live close to America. My family down there is talking about moving up to Montreal more and more every time I speak with them, mostly because of the Bible thumping going on down there


_________________
Opportunities multiply as they are seized. -Sun Tzu
Nature creates few men brave, industry and training makes many -Machiavelli
You can safely assume that you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do


Cash__
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 Nov 2010
Age: 50
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,421
Location: Missouri

21 Nov 2011, 4:15 pm

I like the Sufi branch of Islam.



Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 25 Feb 2006
Age: 31
Gender: Male
Posts: 30,500
Location: Lancashire, UK

21 Nov 2011, 4:24 pm

Sorry, posted in wrong thread.



puddingmouse
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Apr 2010
Age: 33
Gender: Female
Posts: 9,246
Location: Cottonopolis

21 Nov 2011, 5:24 pm

Cash__ wrote:
I like the Sufi branch of Islam.


It's older than Islam itself.


_________________
Zombies, zombies will tear us apart...again.


Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 19 Jun 2008
Age: 31
Gender: Male
Posts: 12,327
Location: Montreal

21 Nov 2011, 5:29 pm

Cash__ wrote:
I like the Sufi branch of Islam.


A lot of Muslims don't :/


_________________
Opportunities multiply as they are seized. -Sun Tzu
Nature creates few men brave, industry and training makes many -Machiavelli
You can safely assume that you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do


ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Sep 2008
Age: 83
Gender: Male
Posts: 31,726
Location: New Jersey

21 Nov 2011, 5:57 pm

mikecartwright wrote:
I am interested in Islam do you think Islam is a bad religion or good ? In my view Islam is a beautiful religion I just can't trust what the Media here in the West says about Islam.

http://learnaboutislam.org/


Read the Q'ran. Learn that Islam is just the religion for the seventh century.

ruveyn



mikecartwright
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

User avatar

Joined: 15 Sep 2007
Age: 32
Gender: Male
Posts: 400

21 Nov 2011, 8:45 pm

I disagree I think Islam is good.



DC
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 15 Aug 2011
Age: 41
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,477

21 Nov 2011, 9:16 pm

mikecartwright wrote:
I disagree I think Islam is good.


If you judge a religion but it's effect on it's society instead of by it's propaganda you might come to a different conclusion.

Would you wish to live out the remainder of your life in any of these countries?

Pakistan.
Iran.
Saudi Arabia.



Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 19 Jun 2008
Age: 31
Gender: Male
Posts: 12,327
Location: Montreal

21 Nov 2011, 9:31 pm

mikecartwright wrote:
I disagree I think Islam is good.


What brings you to this conclusion?


_________________
Opportunities multiply as they are seized. -Sun Tzu
Nature creates few men brave, industry and training makes many -Machiavelli
You can safely assume that you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do


Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 25 Feb 2006
Age: 31
Gender: Male
Posts: 30,500
Location: Lancashire, UK

21 Nov 2011, 11:03 pm

mikecartwright wrote:
I disagree I think Islam is good.


If you actually had to live under an Islamist dictatorship for the rest of your life you might think rather differently.

Check out the living standards and/or the position towards minorities, gays, women and Jews in, I don't know, Afghanistan, Iraq, Lebanon (it's so good in Lebanon that one of our own prominent forum members is in search of a Western democracy, or what passes for democracy in the West anyways, to live in as soon as he possibly can!), Nigeria, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Sudan, Syria and Yemen.

Consider this: Arab Muslims in Israel have more rights and freedoms than in any of the Arab Muslim countries that surround it in spite of being frequently subjected to terrorist attacks by that self-same ethnic group. Doesn't this make you think?

I think it's absolutely vile watching the left cosy up to Islam. At the moment, political Islam is the biggest threat to Western civilisation... apart from our own idiot selves and the EU of course.