PPR GIFs, cartoons, jokes, funny pictures, etc.

Page 343 of 433 [ 6923 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 340, 341, 342, 343, 344, 345, 346 ... 433  Next

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2022, 10:02 pm

Raptor wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Dox47 wrote:

If there's people plotting to murder other people over ideological differences there's a good chance the state will feel obliged to act against that first group, what with that being terrorism and all.

"I intend to fight you" doesn't automatically mean killing. We fight here all the time but no one dies and it's not terrorism.

Fight seems a bit strong, we disagree, we argue, we occasionally debate and probably bicker too. I'm not sure we even can fight in the the manner the cartoon implies.

Given that the cartoon is depicting the typical rhetoric over the idea of the government taking guns and how that might be resisted, it's fair how most reasonable people would understand it to amount to a threat of accelerationist violence, not one that you're personally making (at least, giving you the benefit of the doubt seems fair) but that's the general idea.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2022, 10:15 pm

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2022, 1:15 am

funeralxempire wrote:
Given that the cartoon is depicting the typical rhetoric over the idea of the government taking guns and how that might be resisted, it's fair how most reasonable people would understand it to amount to a threat of accelerationist violence, not one that you're personally making (at least, giving you the benefit of the doubt seems fair) but that's the general idea.

I don't think that word, accelerationist, means what you think it does, at least in this context. A burn it all down type would be playing both sides against the middle to try and bring down the system, what my cartoon is saying is that the whole "how are you going to stop a tank with your puny rifle?" argument is stupid, as the quarrel isn't with the military, it's with the liberal voters who think they can send them after their fellow citizens without repercussions.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

20 Aug 2022, 3:14 am

I have not seen any serious proposals to send military against private gun owners.
The serious proposals I have seen were about restricting the market to make new purchases more limited and controlled.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2022, 1:12 am

magz wrote:
I have not seen any serious proposals to send military against private gun owners.
The serious proposals I have seen were about restricting the market to make new purchases more limited and controlled.

It's a common argument, it comes up nearly every time someone mentions the "check on the government" aspect of civilian gun ownership, and it's always stupid to anyone even slightly familiar with 20th century asymmetric warfare.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2022, 3:17 am

funeralxempire wrote:
Raptor wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Dox47 wrote:

If there's people plotting to murder other people over ideological differences there's a good chance the state will feel obliged to act against that first group, what with that being terrorism and all.

"I intend to fight you" doesn't automatically mean killing. We fight here all the time but no one dies and it's not terrorism.

Fight seems a bit strong, we disagree, we argue, we occasionally debate and probably bicker too. I'm not sure we even can fight in the the manner the cartoon implies.
Oh, there've been fights here. :twisted:

Quote:

I have this "I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees" ethos.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

21 Aug 2022, 3:24 am

Dox47 wrote:
magz wrote:
It's a common argument, it comes up nearly every time someone mentions the "check on the government" aspect of civilian gun ownership, and it's always stupid to anyone even slightly familiar with 20th century asymmetric warfare.
I don't really know what you are talking about, probably because I'm not from USA.
Everywhere else in the civilized world, private gun ownership is - to various degrees - limited and regulated, so we're not talking about some abstract revolutional ideas leading to Great Unknown. Come and see what life looks like in these states.

On "checking your government" - this is exactly the argument of the "liberal" from the meme: if you think you can "check your government" with your AR-15, remember your government has HIMARS systems and fighter jets. It won't work this way.

Mechanisms for checking on the governments include voting, public investigations, independent courts, right to achieve public information, right to peaceful protests, trade unions and other assemblies, NGOs, freedom of press, freedom of speech and sharing information and several other mechanisms.

Check this out, the whole 1989 revolution here happened without shooting a single shot.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2022, 4:31 am

magz wrote:
Check this out, the whole 1989 revolution here happened without shooting a single shot.

Would that revolution have been allowed to play out in the 1950's or 60's? How did it work out Hungary in 1956 and Czechoslovakia in 1968? The 1989 "revolution" would have fallen on its ass with red army troops supported by T80 tanks in the streets of Warsaw and Crackow busting things up had the USSR not been running out of steam by then.
It was more of a case of the winds of change blowing than a revolution.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2022, 4:59 pm

Right libertarians idea of compromise with the state. :nerdy:

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2022, 8:33 pm

magz wrote:
On "checking your government" - this is exactly the argument of the "liberal" from the meme: if you think you can "check your government" with your AR-15, remember your government has HIMARS systems and fighter jets. It won't work this way.

LOL, you really don't get it at all, do you? Why would I fight the military when I can fight the liberals making the policy I object to? That's the literal point of the meme.

Mikah
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2022, 9:01 am

magz wrote:

Where did I leave that 4chan copypasta...

Ah.

You cannot control an entire country and its people with tanks, jets, battleships and drone or any of these things you believe trump's citizen ownership of firearms.

A fighter jet, tank, drone, battleship or whatever cannot stand on street corners. And enforce "no assembly" edicts. A fighter jet cannot kick down your door at 3am and search your house for contraband.

None of these things can maintain the needed police state to completely subjugate and enslave the people of a nation. Those weapons are for decimating, flattening and glassing large areas and many people at once and fighting other state militaries. The government does not want to kill all of its people and blow up its own infrastructure. These are the very things they need to be tyrants in the first place. If they decided to turn everything outside of Washington DC into glowing green glass they would be the absolute rulers of a big, worthless, radioactive pile of [excrement].

Police are needed to maintain a police state, boots on the ground. And no matter how many police you have on the ground they will always be vastly outnumbered by civilians which is why is a police state it is vital that your police have automatic weapons while civilians are unarmed.

BUT when every random pedestrian could have a Glock in their waistband and every random homeowner an AR-15 all of that goes out of the window because now the police are outnumbered and face the reality of bullets coming back at them.

If you want living examples of this look at every insurgency that the US military has tried to destroy. They're all still kicking with nothing but AK-47s, pick-up trucks and improvised explosives because these big weapons you talk about are useless for dealing with them.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2022, 10:35 am

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2022, 9:56 pm

Mikah
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2022, 2:37 pm

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2022, 7:14 pm

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2022, 9:24 am

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.