If a person is defective, they should be eliminated

Page 5 of 11 [ 174 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next

AnnettaMarie
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2012, 8:11 pm

unduki wrote:
Well, I'm defective. I can tell a lot of you are as well. We should fight back and form a team and wear stretchy leotards. We could call ourselves The X Factor and use our special powers to rule the World.

We should do this before they get serious about eliminating us. I mean, that seems to be the trend. 50 years ago, people with disabilities had much more freedom and acceptance than they do now...

Come on! Let's be real. People have seen that it's wrong to own slaves; that it's wrong to lock your defective kid up in the attic; that it's wrong to make fun of people who are inferior or different, it's wrong (and illegal) to experiment on your own population etc... I imagine one day we'll decide sexual orientation isn't a factor of human worth and that killing unborn humans is insanely wrong.

I'd rather be a member of The Defective Stretchy Leotard Coalition.

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2012, 12:49 am

Yupa wrote:
This would simply be cutting the extra fat off of society. There are 7 billion people on this planet. If a single one of them is incapable of productivity, or damaged in any way, would it not be proper to eliminate them?

Consider that a large portion of human beings do not work, or are incapable of working, yet they reproduce and take up an unnecessary amount of resources. They are the surplus population. Like any instance in which there is a surplus of goods, the value of that good decreases. So it is with the human species.

How do you define "damaged"? As one person argued, "Stephen Hawking". Additionally, most of the individuals who have made monumental contributions to society possessed some traits that may have caused them to be perceived as damaged or defective in the minds of others at some point in their lives.

I'm afraid, though your intentions are good, your perceptions are likely too narrow to implement such an a program such that it yields the results you wish.

Declension
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2012, 12:55 am

Newtonscat wrote:
The whole population of the planet could be housed in comfort in a building 2 miles high the size of the Isle of Wight.

This is misleading. A person takes up far more "space" than simply where they live. You have to take into account the space that is required in order to produce the goods and services that the person will consume over their lifetime.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2012, 1:12 am

Yupa wrote:
This would simply be cutting the extra fat off of society. There are 7 billion people on this planet. If a single one of them is incapable of productivity, or damaged in any way, would it not be proper to eliminate them?

Consider that a large portion of human beings do not work, or are incapable of working, yet they reproduce and take up an unnecessary amount of resources. They are the surplus population. Like any instance in which there is a surplus of goods, the value of that good decreases. So it is with the human species.

Hmm your profile says you've been diagnosed with aspergers, so that would include you.

Hexagon
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

25 Feb 2012, 7:04 pm

I think you'll find we're defective...

I don't agree with this for many reasons:

1.Its morally wrong. The most fundamental human right is the right to live. I will stand by it, regardless of whether I like a person
2.We are defective. But we are still useful. Who is to say that no other type of defective person isn't useful. We also don't display signs of usefulness immediately, and we may get killed before that happens.
3.That puts the power to kill in the hands of someone or something. Usually the government. They do not have the right to decide who deserves to live, and who doesn't. They cannot be trusted with that power, as government tend to be corrupt, and may seek to kill a useful person who is interfering with a plan.
4.Everyone changes the world.

ProfumoAffair
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

27 Feb 2012, 3:24 pm

I can't actually believe that there is serious discussion of this absolutely evil concept.

unduki
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2012, 4:31 pm

ProfumoAffair wrote:
I can't actually believe that there is serious discussion of this absolutely evil concept.

It's not a new idea. Hitler and Stalin were famous for using it.

visagrunt
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2012, 1:24 pm

I can't believe that I just wasted five minutes of my life reading through this mix of troll bait, ad personam hyperbole and otherwise rational people rising to it.

The entire thread is utterly facile and should be consigned to the dustheap of PPR.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2012, 1:35 pm

NarcissusSavage wrote:
If there were enough non-defective people on earth to keep the species alive after eliminating all defective people, I wouldn't mind this idea so much. But, what is essentially being asked of eliminating all defective people, is the removal of all people. And while I have a love/hate relationship with the concept of humanity as a whole, I think I'll prefer it to stick around a bit longer.

And yet a another person diagnosed with Aspergers would be cool with defective people being eliminated...until it's your turn to be eliminated, no doubt.

donnie_darko
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2012, 1:46 pm

I think I'm gonna make a spin-off of this: is most evil the product of good intentions?

fraac
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2012, 1:54 pm

If a person is defective they are eliminated. 'Should' is irrelevant.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2012, 1:54 pm

donnie_darko wrote:
I think I'm gonna make a spin-off of this: is most evil the product of good intentions?

No there is nothing good about eliminating people because society deems them 'defective.'

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2012, 1:55 pm

fraac wrote:
If a person is defective they are eliminated. 'Should' is irrelevant.

Well I and all the other defective people on this website have not been eliminated so how do you figure that?

godoftruemercy
Toucan
Toucan

01 Mar 2012, 11:49 pm

Yupa wrote:

Alright, but you have to do it. And not in a cute way. Something hands-on. And their family should get to be there.

Not such a fun idea now, huh?

TheKing
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2012, 1:17 am

Yupa wrote:

you are insinuating that humanity is a commodity to be bought and sold

you wouldn't happen to support slavery and human trafficking would you? your post is definitely in support of an authoritarian totalitarian dictatorship as a form of global government

Subotai
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2012, 3:55 am

Hexagon wrote:
1.Its morally wrong. The most fundamental human right is the right to live. I will stand by it, regardless of whether I like a person

*Note that I already said I'm against it, for more detail refer to my previous posts*

But however, it's interesting you say human right.
Do you feel the same towards animals as well?