Kjas
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2012, 12:57 pm

snapcap wrote:
Kjas wrote:
snapcap wrote:
Kjas wrote:
In the spirit of the OP, Church of the rainbow coloured unicorn.

:roll:

Seriously, I'm agnostic. I wouldn't have much faith in philosophy and my own reasoning and critical thinking abilities if I wasn't.

But even though you admit you don't know you can still believe either way.

Isn't that the point? You can neither prove, nor disprove it, by either reason or perception, both of them fail on this count, so I choose a neutral ground. All I know is that I don't know :lol:

The point is that while you hold your knowledge above your beliefs, you still have your beliefs, and they do exist.

I don't believe in god or other things and nor do I disbelieve in god or other things. I am not an atheist nor a theist.

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2012, 12:58 pm

Kjas wrote:
snapcap wrote:
Kjas wrote:
snapcap wrote:
Kjas wrote:

Seriously, I'm agnostic. I wouldn't have much faith in philosophy and my own reasoning and critical thinking abilities if I wasn't.

Isn't that the point? You can neither prove, nor disprove it, by either reason or perception, both of them fail on this count, so I choose a neutral ground. All I know is that I don't know :lol:

The point is that while you hold your knowledge above your beliefs, you still have your beliefs, and they do exist.

I don't believe in god or other things and nor do I disbelieve in god or other things. I am not an atheist nor a theist.

You sound like an apatheist/pragmatic atheist

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2012, 12:58 pm

Kjas wrote:
snapcap wrote:
Kjas wrote:
snapcap wrote:
Kjas wrote:

So you are unsure then that's how I read it,

snapcap
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2012, 1:01 pm

Kjas wrote:
snapcap wrote:
Kjas wrote:
snapcap wrote:
Kjas wrote:

OMG! Another case of infantile regression :!:

You have to believe either way, there is no middle ground.

I don't believe that I know people more than they know themselves, and that is my non-position.

EDIT: 8)

Last edited by snapcap on 01 Apr 2012, 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

abacacus
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2012, 1:07 pm

snapcap wrote:

I don't believe that I know people more than they know themselves, and that is my non-position.

Correction: YOU feel there has to be a belief either way. Reality says you're wrong.

More on topic:

I am an Atheist.

You will reap what you've sown.

snapcap
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2012, 1:09 pm

abacacus wrote:
snapcap wrote:

Correction: YOU feel there has to be a belief either way. Reality says you're wrong.

More on topic:

I am an Atheist.

Nope, once you've been exposed to a concept you can belief it or not, whether you know about it or not. This is always the case.

If you say otherwise, you must be a baby. :lol:

I don't believe I'm talking to a baby, and that is my non-position.

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2012, 1:10 pm

abacacus wrote:
snapcap wrote:

More on topic:

I am an Atheist.

Reality to some is just a dream like world some people see life that way but their are other religions in the world that have done a lot of bad stuff like sacrifiing children to baal in the Babylon empire.

Kjas
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2012, 1:11 pm

Apatheist is probably the closest term to it, yes. I didn't realise there was a name for it, thank you. :)

I don't feel a need for a belief either way on the religion topic. I have been raised with multiple belief systems which I have learned some valuable lessons from but personally I feel philosophy offers me more in way of beliefs than religion can.

Just because you feel there is a need for you to have a belief, does not mean I have that same need. Projection much?

Last edited by Kjas on 01 Apr 2012, 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

snapcap
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2012, 1:13 pm

Kjas wrote:
I don't feel a need for a belief either way on the religion topic. I have been raised with multiple belief systems which I have learned some valuable lessons from but personally I feel philosophy offers me more in way of beliefs than religion can.

Just because you feel there is a need for you to have a belief, does not mean I have that same need. Projection much?

You may not feel you need a belief, but that doesn't negate the fact that you do have one. Everyone has a belief, unless you're still in your onesies.

EDIT: Apatheism is a sham, a term used by people that want to bury their beliefs.

Guess what?

They are still there!

Last edited by snapcap on 01 Apr 2012, 1:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2012, 1:18 pm

Kjas wrote:
Apatheist is probably the closest term to it, yes. I didn't realise there was a name for it, thank you. :)

A beleif doesn't make some one better then other people thats one thing I hate when people say that I think im better then them for my religion when I don't at all.

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2012, 1:29 pm

snapcap wrote:
Kjas wrote:

You may not feel you need a belief, but that doesn't negate the fact that you do have one. Everyone has a belief, unless you're still in your onesies.

EDIT: Apatheism is a sham, a term used by people that want to bury their beliefs.

Guess what?

They are still there!

So now apatheism is a sham? :roll:

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2012, 1:31 pm

Vigilans wrote:
snapcap wrote:
Kjas wrote:

Guess what?

They are still there!

Snapcap isn't helping matters when debating athesim thats for sure.

snapcap
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2012, 1:31 pm

Vigilans wrote:
snapcap wrote:
Kjas wrote:

Guess what?

They are still there!

In the instance it's used to show you have no beliefs in some concept you've been exposed to, most definitely.

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2012, 1:32 pm

:lol:
wow

Kjas
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2012, 1:34 pm

This is so sad that it's funny. I know when to walk away, absolutely nothing productive can come from this if you can't even deal with an answer you are given in a mature manner. Have fun :lol:

snapcap
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2012, 1:34 pm

Vigilans wrote:
:lol:
wow

WOWWIE!

WOWWIE flipped 180 degrees is MOMMIE.

Can I have bottle MOMMIE? :lol: