Why ignore these facts about Obama's birth certificate?

Page 3 of 8 [ 121 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next

Pyrite
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2012, 7:05 pm

Delphiki wrote:
1. Back in 1961 people of colour were called 'Negroes.' So how can the recently produced Obama 'birth certificate state he is 'African-American' when the term wasn't even used at that time?

2. The birth certificate that the White House released lists Obama's birth as 4 August 1961. It also lists Barack Hussein Obama as his father. No big deal, right? At the time of Obama's birth, it also shows that his father is aged 25 years old, and was born in " Kenya , East Africa ". This wouldn't seem like anything of concern, except the fact that Kenya did not even exist until 1963, two whole years after Obama's birth, and 27 years after his father's birth. So, how could Obama's father have been born in a country that did not yet exist? Until Kenya was formed on 12 Dec 1963, it was known as the " British East Africa Protectorate"

3. On the birth certificate released by the White House, the listed place of birth is "Kapi'olani
Maternity & Gynecological Hospital". This cannot be, because the hospital(s) in question in 1961 were called "KauiKeolani Children's Hospital" and "Kapi'olani Maternity Home", respectively. The name did not change to Kapi'olani Maternity & Gynecological Hospital until 1978, when these two hospitals merged. So, how can the new 1978 name of the merged hospitals be on a birth certificate that is dated 1961? Unless, of course, the certificate was only recently made by some poor researcher as a cover up.

http://www.kapiolani.org/women-and-chil ... fault.aspx
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Kenya
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kenya

I have a 1960 encyclopedia Britannica and this British atlas labels the colony "Kenya". It's been called Kenya for a long time.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2012, 7:14 pm

Question tugging at the back of my mind: what was the intent of the OP in the first place? I don't want to think the worst about the posters intentions... but it's sort of hard not to.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2012, 7:39 pm

mds_02 wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Indeed. The founding fathers owned slaves, denied women the right to vote and own property, and believed that slaughtering people to steal their land was ethical, legal, and moral. America the Beautiful, eh?
Find me a country, any country, that doesn't have violence or slavery or gender inequality in its past. Maybe you didn't intend it this way, but I'm tired of hearing this sort of thing talked about as though it were purely an American problem...

No, I did not intend it that way, but I can see how anyone could be mistaken. Taken in context, it was my response to:

thomas81 wrote:
... America, not unlike other parliamentary democracies, is a secular country.

America is indeed a secular country, no matter how greatly the Religious Right (which is neither religious nor right) or the Moral Majority (which is neither moral nor the majority) would have us all believe. I used the Founding Fathers to show just how "un-Christian" they actually were -- just a bunch of greedy, middle-aged white men, hell-bent on establishing a country where they could own slaves, subjugate women, and slaughter the indigenous Americans for their land. Not that Africans, Europeans, Middle-Easterners and Asians were pure as the newly-driven snow throughout all of their histories, either!

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

mds_02
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2012, 7:49 pm

I apologize then, and agree with you.

And it feels pretty soft to me. 

Modest Mouse - The View

Ancalagon
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2012, 8:04 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Question tugging at the back of my mind: what was the intent of the OP in the first place?

To ask a question he thought would get an interesting and/or informed response? That's basically the only reason I can think of for asking a question in PPR. To get an answer.

Quote:
I don't want to think the worst about the posters intentions... but it's sort of hard not to.

How is it hard not to speculate about other people's intentions?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2012, 8:09 pm

mds_02 wrote:
I apologize then...

No need. No worries!

:D

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

donryanocero
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

27 Aug 2012, 8:19 pm

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2012, 11:52 pm

Ancalagon wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Question tugging at the back of my mind: what was the intent of the OP in the first place?

To ask a question he thought would get an interesting and/or informed response? That's basically the only reason I can think of for asking a question in PPR. To get an answer.

Quote:
I don't want to think the worst about the posters intentions... but it's sort of hard not to.

It isn't hard to. Unless the OP was playing Devil's advocate (which he had never suggested or implied that he was), I have to think the whole point of the thread has a racial motivation.

Delphiki
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2012, 12:12 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Ancalagon wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Quote:

It isn't hard to. Unless the OP was playing Devil's advocate (which he had never suggested or implied that he was), I have to think the whole point of the thread has a racial motivation.

Naw, I just thought it was funny

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2012, 3:35 am

Who cares even if his certificate is fake its too late because his terms almost over anyway. Either way though I doubt hell make another election.

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2012, 5:46 am

Delphiki wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Ancalagon wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Quote:

Naw, I just thought it was funny

I sincerely apologize, then. What can I say: I'm an Aspie, and a whole lot in the way of humor goes over my head.

Ancalagon
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2012, 6:07 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Unless the OP was playing Devil's advocate (which he had never suggested or implied that he was), I have to think the whole point of the thread has a racial motivation.

There is such a thing as racial motivations, but the only reason I can think of to assume a racial motivation here is just because Obama is black. There are plenty of other reasons to dislike Obama. The big one for me is that he signed ACTA. If McCain had won and then signed ACTA, I'd dislike him too. If Hillary had won and then signed ACTA, I'd dislike her too.

Disliking Obama isn't racist, disliking Obama for being black is. If the only thing you know about someone is that they dislike Obama, that doesn't tell you anything about whether they're racist or not.

(And, BTW, I didn't catch that the OP was joking either.)

SpiritBlooms
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2012, 6:24 pm

Delphiki wrote:
1. Back in 1961 people of colour were called 'Negroes.' So how can the recently produced Obama 'birth certificate state he is 'African-American' when the term wasn't even used at that time?

It doesn't say African-American, it says African. (You can view the certificate at Snopes.com: http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/bi ... ficate.asp)

Delphiki wrote:
2. The birth certificate that the White House released lists Obama's birth as 4 August 1961. It also lists Barack Hussein Obama as his father. No big deal, right? At the time of Obama's birth, it also shows that his father is aged 25 years old, and was born in " Kenya , East Africa ". This wouldn't seem like anything of concern, except the fact that Kenya did not even exist until 1963, two whole years after Obama's birth, and 27 years after his father's birth. So, how could Obama's father have been born in a country that did not yet exist? Until Kenya was formed on 12 Dec 1963, it was known as the " British East Africa Protectorate"

From 1920 until then it was known as the Kenya Colony.
Delphiki wrote:
3. On the birth certificate released by the White House, the listed place of birth is "Kapi'olani
Maternity & Gynecological Hospital". This cannot be, because the hospital(s) in question in 1961 were called "KauiKeolani Children's Hospital" and "Kapi'olani Maternity Home", respectively. The name did not change to Kapi'olani Maternity & Gynecological Hospital until 1978, when these two hospitals merged. So, how can the new 1978 name of the merged hospitals be on a birth certificate that is dated 1961? Unless, of course, the certificate was only recently made by some poor researcher as a cover up.

It was Kapiʻolani Maternity and Gynecological Hospital from 1931 to 1970.

Delphiki wrote:
http://www.kapiolani.org/women-and-children/about-us/default.aspx
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Kenya
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kenya
Wow, you link to Wikipedia, but apparently didn't read the Wikipedia articles! You are wasting our time. :?

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2012, 6:35 pm

Ancalagon wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Unless the OP was playing Devil's advocate (which he had never suggested or implied that he was), I have to think the whole point of the thread has a racial motivation.

There is such a thing as racial motivations, but the only reason I can think of to assume a racial motivation here is just because Obama is black. There are plenty of other reasons to dislike Obama. The big one for me is that he signed ACTA. If McCain had won and then signed ACTA, I'd dislike him too. If Hillary had won and then signed ACTA, I'd dislike her too.

Disliking Obama isn't racist, disliking Obama for being black is. If the only thing you know about someone is that they dislike Obama, that doesn't tell you anything about whether they're racist or not.

(And, BTW, I didn't catch that the OP was joking either.)

Disliking Obama in regard to his policies is a legitimate gripe someone might have, but this whole birth certificate nonsense is obviously racially motivated.

Max000
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2012, 7:14 pm

AspieOtaku wrote:
Who cares even if his certificate is fake its too late because his terms almost over anyway. Either way though I doubt hell make another election.

Yeah, lets vote him out, and re-elect the ret*d party, that wrecked the economy to begin with. :roll: Fortunately the numbers are not there for that to happen. But I agree with your first point.

Ancalagon
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2012, 8:07 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
but this whole birth certificate nonsense is obviously racially motivated.

Why do you think this?