Page 1 of 15 [ 218 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 25 Feb 2006
Age: 31
Gender: Male
Posts: 30,508
Location: Lancashire, UK

20 Sep 2012, 1:59 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCXHPKhRCVg[/youtube]Transcript:

Quote:
Well, once again we see multiple violent tantrums from the Religion of Permanent Offence. Some things never change, do they?

Once again we see Islam self-detonate (if you'll pardon the expression) and show once again why it's about as welcome on this planet as an asteroid. Once again we see thousands of Islamic nutcases take time out from beating up their wives to show their sensitive side. How? By smashing up the towns they live in, egged on by clerical ignoramuses whose motives are even lower than the literacy level of their followers. And once again we in the civilised world are being urged to censor ourselves out of respect for a religion that violates the human rights of half the people on the planet and that doubles as a political ideology indistinguishable from Nazism. It would be funny if it wasn't so obscene.

Or should that be the other way round? To call these riots infantile and imbecilic is to give them a dignity they don't deserve. They can only be described as Islamic. Let me get this straight. We're supposed to show tolerance and respect for a religion that doesn't know the meaning of either word and goes out of its way to prove it every day? We're supposed to amend our values to accommodate a religion that accommodates nothing and nobody? Dream on, people. It's not going to happen because with Islam it's always a one way street. We've learned that lesson the hard way. We can't afford any more tolerance and respect. We've been sucked dry.

And we've become weary of manufactured Islamic grievance. It's such a bore that now when we hear some bearded buffoon or some bag-headed bimbo telling us how offended they are we can't even be bothered to laugh any more. Not even when the Turkish prime minister hilariously demands that "Islamophobia" now be made a crime against humanity, when, given the evidence, there's a much stronger case for making Islam a crime against humanity. Besides, Turkey is already hypocritically guilty of one of the worst crimes against humanity in history, the Armenian Genocide, a crime it doesn't even have the balls to admit to.

When Muslims start showing the same level of outrage about things that are genuinely offensive, like the thousands of women and girls who are murdered, mutilated and raped every year in their countries then we might take them a bit more seriously. As it is, there is nothing on this planet less deserving of sympathy or respect than Muslim outrage. Indeed, there's something deeply comical about it. It's so contrived and so cringeingly un-self-aware it's impossible to take seriously, even if we wanted to, and nobody in their right mind wants to any more.

There was a time when Islam was given the benefit of the doubt by many people in the West. Now we think it's poison and we wish we had never heard of it because twenty years of baseless grievance mongering and kneejerk offence have shown us this religion for what it really is, and now we don't like it, we don't trust it, and we are never going to respect it. And we don't care how Muslims feel about that. Everything is an insult to this religion. Everything causes offence. Well, nobody gives a damn any more, people. You've done it to death. You've killed the goose that laid the golden egg. So now, if you're an offended Muslim, go stick your head in the oven for all we care. And if you think that if you keep up the violence the West will eventually cave in, it's not going to happen. Even if the politicians want it to, the people won't allow it. We'll carry on speaking our minds openly and freely because it's our birthright, and it can't be taken away from us. It can only be given away. And we are giving Islam nothing, because Islam gives us nothing. It's a religion permanently on the take. Gimme gimme gimme is all we ever hear. Gimme respect, even though I haven't earned it. Gimme special treatment or I'll be offended and you'll be a racist. Well, we're sick and tired of hearing it, we're sick and tired of Islam, and we're sick and tired of the needless conflict and intimidation that comes from this religion at every turn.

All week we've heard Muslims telling us that we in the West need to understand how important the Prophet is to them. We do understand, and we don't care. That's the point. We don't care now, and we are never going to care. Get used to it. We don't give a damn about your feelings. Our feelings are more important, and our feelings tell us that we're sick to the back teeth of hearing about your religion, so stick a sock in it. And no amount of violence is going to change a thing. The more you riot and scream and shout, the less we're going to listen. It will simply stiffen our resolve not to be bullied and pushed around by people whose values we don't respect because you've given us no reason to respect them, and, more to the point, because you are incapable of giving us such a reason. In short, we will not be told what we can and cannot say, not by you, not by anybody, not now, not ever. No matter how many flags you burn, no matter how many embassies you attack, free speech will prevail, and you'll suck it up and like it.



Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 May 2008
Gender: Male
Posts: 42,086
Location: Stendec

20 Sep 2012, 2:15 pm

Image



GGPViper
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 23 Sep 2009
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,139

20 Sep 2012, 2:15 pm

Tequila wrote:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCXHPKhRCVg[/youtube]Transcript:
Quote:
Well, once again we see multiple violent tantrums from the Religion of Permanent Offence. Some things never change, do they?

Once again we see Islam self-detonate (if you'll pardon the expression) and show once again why it's about as welcome on this planet as an asteroid. Once again we see thousands of Islamic nutcases take time out from beating up their wives to show their sensitive side. How? By smashing up the towns they live in, egged on by clerical ignoramuses whose motives are even lower than the literacy level of their followers. And once again we in the civilised world are being urged to censor ourselves out of respect for a religion that violates the human rights of half the people on the planet and that doubles as a political ideology indistinguishable from Nazism. It would be funny if it wasn't so obscene.

Or should that be the other way round? To call these riots infantile and imbecilic is to give them a dignity they don't deserve. They can only be described as Islamic. Let me get this straight. We're supposed to show tolerance and respect for a religion that doesn't know the meaning of either word and goes out of its way to prove it every day? We're supposed to amend our values to accommodate a religion that accommodates nothing and nobody? Dream on, people. It's not going to happen because with Islam it's always a one way street. We've learned that lesson the hard way. We can't afford any more tolerance and respect. We've been sucked dry.

And we've become weary of manufactured Islamic grievance. It's such a bore that now when we hear some bearded buffoon or some bag-headed bimbo telling us how offended they are we can't even be bothered to laugh any more. Not even when the Turkish prime minister hilariously demands that "Islamophobia" now be made a crime against humanity, when, given the evidence, there's a much stronger case for making Islam a crime against humanity. Besides, Turkey is already hypocritically guilty of one of the worst crimes against humanity in history, the Armenian Genocide, a crime it doesn't even have the balls to admit to.

When Muslims start showing the same level of outrage about things that are genuinely offensive, like the thousands of women and girls who are murdered, mutilated and raped every year in their countries then we might take them a bit more seriously. As it is, there is nothing on this planet less deserving of sympathy or respect than Muslim outrage. Indeed, there's something deeply comical about it. It's so contrived and so cringeingly un-self-aware it's impossible to take seriously, even if we wanted to, and nobody in their right mind wants to any more.

There was a time when Islam was given the benefit of the doubt by many people in the West. Now we think it's poison and we wish we had never heard of it because twenty years of baseless grievance mongering and kneejerk offence have shown us this religion for what it really is, and now we don't like it, we don't trust it, and we are never going to respect it. And we don't care how Muslims feel about that. Everything is an insult to this religion. Everything causes offence. Well, nobody gives a damn any more, people. You've done it to death. You've killed the goose that laid the golden egg. So now, if you're an offended Muslim, go stick your head in the oven for all we care. And if you think that if you keep up the violence the West will eventually cave in, it's not going to happen. Even if the politicians want it to, the people won't allow it. We'll carry on speaking our minds openly and freely because it's our birthright, and it can't be taken away from us. It can only be given away. And we are giving Islam nothing, because Islam gives us nothing. It's a religion permanently on the take. Gimme gimme gimme is all we ever hear. Gimme respect, even though I haven't earned it. Gimme special treatment or I'll be offended and you'll be a racist. Well, we're sick and tired of hearing it, we're sick and tired of Islam, and we're sick and tired of the needless conflict and intimidation that comes from this religion at every turn.

All week we've heard Muslims telling us that we in the West need to understand how important the Prophet is to them. We do understand, and we don't care. That's the point. We don't care now, and we are never going to care. Get used to it. We don't give a damn about your feelings. Our feelings are more important, and our feelings tell us that we're sick to the back teeth of hearing about your religion, so stick a sock in it. And no amount of violence is going to change a thing. The more you riot and scream and shout, the less we're going to listen. It will simply stiffen our resolve not to be bullied and pushed around by people whose values we don't respect because you've given us no reason to respect them, and, more to the point, because you are incapable of giving us such a reason. In short, we will not be told what we can and cannot say, not by you, not by anybody, not now, not ever. No matter how many flags you burn, no matter how many embassies you attack, free speech will prevail, and you'll suck it up and like it.


"We do understand, and we don't care".

Sometimes the truth about Islam can be told in a single sentence...



Hopper
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 22 Aug 2012
Age: 40
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,908
Location: North Wayels

20 Sep 2012, 2:17 pm

Good grief.

What. A. Tool.



Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 25 Feb 2006
Age: 31
Gender: Male
Posts: 30,508
Location: Lancashire, UK

20 Sep 2012, 2:26 pm

Hopper wrote:
Good grief.

What. A. Tool.


Should we ban free speech then?

He is absolutely spot on. The hypocrisy that comes from perpetually offended Muslims (more than one by a long shot but definitely less than all - there are quite a few Muslims out there who can see past the hate, try their best to fit in outside their ghettoes and campaign against the hatred that many Muslim communities are saturated with and are therefore widely hated in their communities) is quite insane. You only have to look at the hate that comes out of numerous Arab countries - it really does speak for itself. Muslims in Arab countries are taught from childhood to hate Jews - not Israelis, not Zionists, Jews.

Holocaust denial, for example, is mainstream on Arab television networks and anti-Semitism is enormously popular in almost all Arab countries. I suggest you go to MEMRI TV and educate yourself.

We've allowed to let a monster settle in Europe and, unless Islam seriously reforms to fit in with Western society (I suspect that many Muslims actually are nominally religious at best, especially in the West, but would be in danger if they publicly questioned or announced their disagreement with Islam, even with their own families), things aren't going to end well.

I do hope there are far, far more "offensive" cartoons, movies, articles, the lot. If we give up this battle for free speech, we'll end up with a Saudi-style society and God help us then.



Last edited by Tequila on 20 Sep 2012, 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GGPViper
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 23 Sep 2009
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,139

20 Sep 2012, 2:34 pm

Tequila wrote:
Hopper wrote:
Good grief.

What. A. Tool.


Should we ban free speech then?

He is absolutely spot on. The hypocrisy that comes from perpetually offended Muslims (more than one by a long shot but definitely less than all - there are quite a few Muslims out there who can see past the hate, try their best to fit in outside their ghettoes and campaign against the hatred that many Muslim communities are saturated with and are therefore widely hated in their communities) is quite insane. You only have to look at the hate that comes out of numerous Arab countries - it really does speak for itself. Muslims in Arab countries are taught from childhood to hate Jews - not Israelis, not Zionists, Jews.

Holocaust denial, for example, is mainstream on Arab television networks and anti-Semitism is enormously popular in almost all Arab countries. I suggest you go to MEMRI TV and educate yourself.

We've allowed to let a monster settle in Europe and, unless Islam seriously reforms to fit in with Western society (I suspect that many Muslims actually are nominally atheist, but are too under threat to actually formally announce their secularism), things aren't going to end well.

I do hope there are far, far more "offensive" cartoons, movies, articles, the lot. If we give up this battle, we'll end up with a Saudi-style society.


I, too, await an adequate response from Hopper... My hadith collection is just screaming for a chance to be cited...



Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 25 Feb 2006
Age: 31
Gender: Male
Posts: 30,508
Location: Lancashire, UK

20 Sep 2012, 2:37 pm

GGPViper wrote:
I, too, await an adequate response from Hopper... My hadith collection is just screaming for a chance to be cited...


Excellent stuff.

The extremists are actually following the real Islam, IMO, warts and all. The genuine moderates are actually ignoring a lot of what is written in there, as they can see how barbaric it is. A bit like Christians do. Unfortunately, a lot of Muslims see these types as not being real Muslims... which is why they can end up being persecuted and murdered.

The greatest threat to Muslims isn't Western culture or free speech, it's Islam and fellow Muslims. Sad but true.



Last edited by Tequila on 20 Sep 2012, 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Feb 2012
Age: 37
Gender: Male
Posts: 13,212
Location: San Jose

20 Sep 2012, 2:39 pm

The irony is if a cartoon of Jesus taking a dump was posted on the internet or TV yeah people might get mad but not make death threats or kill people over it. Some might laugh their asses off but if it was a cartoon of the prophet Mohammed was shown riots would break out death threats would be made and people would be killed. And the animator would be constantly threatened for his life!


_________________
Your Aspie score is 193 of 200
Your neurotypical score is 40 of 200
You are very likely an aspie
No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList


Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 25 Feb 2006
Age: 31
Gender: Male
Posts: 30,508
Location: Lancashire, UK

20 Sep 2012, 2:44 pm

AspieOtaku wrote:
The irony is if a cartoon of Jesus taking a dump was posted on the internet or TV


The thing is, we wouldn't care. We didn't care in this country when a handful of Christian zealots (headed by "wife beater" Stephen Green) tried to force the BBC into not showing Jerry Springer: The Opera. It went ahead and the people who tried to intimidate others were widely reviled, mocked, laughed at and hated. In Islam, they're not. These people are right in the centre of common Muslim thought.



Last edited by Tequila on 20 Sep 2012, 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CSBurks
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 29 Apr 2012
Age: 34
Gender: Male
Posts: 792

20 Sep 2012, 2:45 pm

In other news...we (the US) still give foreign aid to countries that hate us.



Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 25 Feb 2006
Age: 31
Gender: Male
Posts: 30,508
Location: Lancashire, UK

20 Sep 2012, 2:47 pm

CSBurks wrote:
In other news...we (the US) still give foreign aid to countries that hate us.


You too, huh.

The U.S. and UK/European attitudes towards Islamic countries are insane. In fact, insane is too moderate a word.



thewhitrbbit
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 30 May 2012
Age: 34
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,271

20 Sep 2012, 2:49 pm

Tequila wrote:
AspieOtaku wrote:
The irony is if a cartoon of Jesus taking a dump was posted on the internet or TV


The thing is, we wouldn't care. We didn't care in this country when a handful of Christian zealots (headed by "wife beater" Stephen Green) tried to force the BBC into not showing Jerry Springer: The Opera. It went ahead and the people who tried to intimidate others were widely reviled, mocked, laughed at and hated. In Islam, they're not. These people are right in the centre of common Muslim thought.


Family Guy routinely makes extremely offensive and raunchy jokes about Christian religion.



Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 May 2008
Gender: Male
Posts: 42,086
Location: Stendec

20 Sep 2012, 2:50 pm

Tequila wrote:
Should we ban free speech then?

Not at all. Just banish Nakoula Basseley Nakoula (or "Sam Bacile") for using satire to make a point. That way, his free speech rights will still be protected, but no one else will ever have to endure the trauma of having to learn what it means to have a sense of humour.



Hopper
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 22 Aug 2012
Age: 40
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,908
Location: North Wayels

20 Sep 2012, 2:52 pm

GGPViper wrote:
Tequila wrote:
Hopper wrote:
Good grief.

What. A. Tool.


Should we ban free speech then?

He is absolutely spot on. The hypocrisy that comes from perpetually offended Muslims (more than one by a long shot but definitely less than all - there are quite a few Muslims out there who can see past the hate, try their best to fit in outside their ghettoes and campaign against the hatred that many Muslim communities are saturated with and are therefore widely hated in their communities) is quite insane. You only have to look at the hate that comes out of numerous Arab countries - it really does speak for itself. Muslims in Arab countries are taught from childhood to hate Jews - not Israelis, not Zionists, Jews.

Holocaust denial, for example, is mainstream on Arab television networks and anti-Semitism is enormously popular in almost all Arab countries. I suggest you go to MEMRI TV and educate yourself.

We've allowed to let a monster settle in Europe and, unless Islam seriously reforms to fit in with Western society (I suspect that many Muslims actually are nominally atheist, but are too under threat to actually formally announce their secularism), things aren't going to end well.

I do hope there are far, far more "offensive" cartoons, movies, articles, the lot. If we give up this battle, we'll end up with a Saudi-style society.


I, too, await an adequate response from Hopper... My hadith collection is just screaming for a chance to be cited...


Then you'll want to make yourself comfortable. My head is not with the Islam thing at the moment. I've made many an argument on several threads on this forum already, which would probably cover much of anything I have to say anyway.

I just wanted to note the tool-ness of Mr Condell, as others had noted their approval of him.



Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 25 Feb 2006
Age: 31
Gender: Male
Posts: 30,508
Location: Lancashire, UK

20 Sep 2012, 2:53 pm

thewhitrbbit wrote:
Family Guy routinely makes extremely offensive and raunchy jokes about Christian religion.


That's exactly it. Christianity and Judaism are endlessly mocked, laughed at, derided, satirised, parodied and everything else on numerous shows - The Simpsons, South Park and endless shows on the BBC. Mocking religion and politics is a part of Western society - it's one of the cornerstones of our values, that nothing is off limits. Judaism is often viciously mocked by Jews themselves! The only religion that is in any way excepted from this is Islam. And the only reason is because of the threat or commission of violence. Violence is the only thing that Islamic barbarians have. If they didn't, their religion would crack. Christianity and Judaism has secularised and modified itself in order to fit in. Islam is still in the 8th century. Fitna (not the actual film, but what the Arabic word means) is what it so desperately needs, and what it so desperately fears above all else.



Last edited by Tequila on 20 Sep 2012, 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.