Page 2 of 13 [ 200 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next

Which of These Candidate Should Win?
Poll ended at 06 Nov 2012, 5:10 pm
Barack Obama, Joe Biden (Democratic Party) 50%  50%  [ 56 ]
Jill Stein, Cheri Honkala (Green Party) 10%  10%  [ 11 ]
Gary Johnson, Jim Gray (Libertarian Party) 12%  12%  [ 13 ]
Mitt Romney, Paul Ryan (Republican Party) 19%  19%  [ 21 ]
Other Write-In Candidate: ________________ (Please Detail Below) 10%  10%  [ 11 ]
Total votes : 112

Master_Pedant
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2012, 1:28 pm

[img][800:533]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-ehavfojQGQo/TfJYmmIKRBI/AAAAAAAAAF8/HCCcfpTVWHc/s1600/BumperSticker.jpg[/img]

Oldout
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2012, 9:42 am

Until the Democrats grow some balls, I must vote for Jill Stein.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2012, 9:46 am

Godzilla a.k.a. Gojiru is not a U.S. citizen.

Neither is C'thulu

ruveyn

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2012, 9:49 am

Other....I don't think it will really make that much difference who we get, since they aren't in charge anyways.

JakobVirgil
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2012, 10:20 am

ruveyn wrote:
Godzilla a.k.a. Gojiru is not a U.S. citizen.

Neither is C'thulu

ruveyn

C'thulu was born in Des Moines although eons before it was part of the U.S.

Their hungry thirsty roots??

http://jakobvirgil.blogspot.com/

Tensu
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2012, 10:49 am

Master_Pedant wrote:
[img][800:533]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-ehavfojQGQo/TfJYmmIKRBI/AAAAAAAAAF8/HCCcfpTVWHc/s1600/BumperSticker.jpg[/img]

:lmao:

I lol'd, and I'm not just saying that. I really did.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2012, 9:50 am

<Intentional Bump>

Well, Mitt Romney has made his position known regarding 47% of the American People...

Quote:
"There are 47% of the people who will vote for the president no matter what. All right, there are 47% who are with him, who are dependent upon government, who believe that they are victims, who believe the government has a responsibility to care for them, who believe that they are entitled to health care, to food, to housing, to you-name-it. That that's an entitlement. And the government should give it to them. And they will vote for this president no matter what. ...

Don't forget to vote!

:D

thewhitrbbit
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2012, 10:12 am

I think what Romney said is true, but probably not said in the best way.

The truth is that 47% of house holds pay no federal income tax.

I don't know who I"m voting for. I wont' vote for Obama. Not after all his assaults on liberties, and assaults on things that Bush did that he continues to do.

Romney I think has the business experience, but I worry that he will get derailed by vaginas and gays.

Green party, no way.

I like Gary Johnson but he won't win.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2012, 10:33 am

Fnord wrote:
Giftorcurse wrote:
Godzilla.

Aside from the fact that he's not a U.S. citizen, there is the issue of what he stands for...

CNN: Mr. Zilla, what is your position on abortion?

GZ: SKREEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAWWWW!

CNN: I see ... how about Obamacare?

CNN: ... teaching creationism in public schools?

CNN: ... taxing the wealthy?

CNN: ... One last question, Mr. Zilla. There is some concern among your constituents regarding your activities in Tokyo back in 1954; would you care to comment?

CNN: Thank you, Mr. Zilla. Back to you in the studio!

CNN (Studio): There you have it! A candidate of few words, but strong opinions.

So he is only slightly more articulate than George W. Bush?
So what?
Doesnt mean that he isnt qualified!

Last edited by naturalplastic on 18 Sep 2012, 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

simon_says
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2012, 5:15 pm

His 47% comment is just nonsense.

A) It's largely created by Republican tax policies. Like the Bush and Reagan cuts. The number was in the 30s under Clinton. That's what happens when you slash rates and extend tax credits. You put more working people into the no federal income tax zone.

B) Most of them still pay payrolls taxes and state taxes. They may not even realize they arent paying the offficial income tax.

C) It benefits Democrats, Republicans and Independents. The 47% are not just entitled "obama voter" moochers lol. Romney is lying his a** off here. Many working class values voters in red states are taking advantage of it. It also includes the retired.

D) Why shouldnt working class and lower middle class voters take advantage of extant tax policy? Romney prides himself on using the tax law to escape as much tax as possible. What's happened is that in order to secure tax cuts for the wealthy and "starve the beast", they've handed out years of cuts and credits to the lower classes. Creating a larger no-income tax zone. Now Romney is coming around with a straight face and saying, "Hey, where'd you bums get all that tax advantage?". All while campaigning to get more tax advantage for his own class. In a red ink budget.

It was arrogant and ignorant all in one shot.

Pileo
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2012, 7:19 pm

thewhitrbbit wrote:
I think what Romney said is true, but probably not said in the best way.

The truth is that 47% of house holds pay no federal income tax.

I don't know who I"m voting for. I wont' vote for Obama. Not after all his assaults on liberties, and assaults on things that Bush did that he continues to do.

Romney I think has the business experience, but I worry that he will get derailed by vaginas and gays.

Green party, no way.

I like Gary Johnson but he won't win.

The 47% not pay income tax is true, but they do pay taxes. Here's a Forbes article discussing it.

Don't vote for you think will win, vote for who you believe in. A vote for a candidate you don't believe in is a wasted vote. How can this country call itself a democracy when its people can't vote for who they truly want in office? The only way this system can change is if people take a stand. You might not get what you want the first time around but if you consistently stand up for yourself, people follow. We see it now as the Libertarian Party and the Green Party are on the rise.

---

Personally, I've decided that I'm going to vote Jill Stein of the Green Party. She discussed the problems I had with the Green Party's platform at Reddit's IAmA (link) (it's where anybody can ask the op anything. Better the question, the more its upvoted and the more the op has to answer). She discussed her stance on alternative medicine and nuclear power too. She's not going to win, but at least I'll cast my vote honestly.

And if anyones interested, here is Obama's IAmA (he only answered 10 questions. It was lame) and here is Gary Johnson's IAmA.

Vexcalibur
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2012, 7:22 pm

How do we know Godzilla isn't an American Citizen?

Perhaps he was born in Hawai after US nuclear testing?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2012, 7:26 pm

Vexcalibur wrote:
How do we know Godzilla isn't an American Citizen? Perhaps he was born in Hawai after US nuclear testing?

In that case, I'd need to see his birth certificate.

thewhitrbbit
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2012, 8:08 pm

The Green party burned me when Rosanne Bar ran and suggested that law abiding gun owners deserve to be in jail.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2012, 8:25 pm

Fnord wrote:
Vexcalibur wrote:
How do we know Godzilla isn't an American Citizen? Perhaps he was born in Hawai after US nuclear testing?

In that case, I'd need to see his birth certificate.

He was born beneath the waves of the Pacific near _ I believe- Saipan right after an American nuclear test. Which is how got to be the mutant lizard that he is.

The island was under US occupation at the time. So you would have a kind of gray zone-foriegn soil under US control. Kinda like the Panama Canal Zone. Which happened to be the birthplace of presidential hopeful John McCain.

Vexcalibur
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2012, 8:58 am

Why is it no one puts the human candidates' birth location in doubt? Why is it always the giant reptiles that have to provide birth certificates?