Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2012, 8:42 am

"Bill [Clinton] ** hates them [refugees] and fears them, especially the Cubans. Bill knows the Cubans are crazy. Only crazy people would flee from a country with free medical care, guaranteed employment for life, and first-rate gun control.

The president and his sanctimonious twit of a wife have worked for decades to build a society like this, and here people are taking their lives in their hands to get away from it. ...

Let's face facts about our disgusting political opponents. We've been nice to the liberals for too long. They're thugs.

The liberal dream is to control people, to oppress and exploit them for some "higher" goal.

And how are the liberals ever going to be able to control people brave enough to sail to Florida in a rum carton?

... A civilized society should no more tolerate the presence of a liberal than the presence of a member of the Ku Klux Klan. Indeed, it may be argued that liberalism is worse than the KKK, insofar as Klansman only hate some people while liberals hate them all."

-- P. J. O'Rourke

** And Barak O'Bama even moreso

Oodain
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2012, 10:05 am

ah such trite repeated bullcrap, how we all enjoy it(not)

all it is is tiring, it fails as an argument, it fails to be funny and it utterly fails to do anything but highlight just how ridicoulous and immature american politics have become,
over here it is a source of wide eyed entertainment, entertaining because of its absurdity and it still leaves us wide eyed in amazement that it is actually real.

and all of that is before we even start looking at the "2" sides independently.

the scent of the tamarillo is pungent and powerfull,
woe be to the nose who nears it.

Janissy
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2012, 5:16 pm

Now I feel really old because I can remember back to a time when PJ O'Rourke's political humour was consistently hilarious. I bought all his books and have back issues of National Lampoon...and I'm a liberal. But this recent quote is just ecch. Maybe he takes himself too seriously now as a pundit. He didn't used to.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2012, 7:19 pm

^

That quote is quite old, PJ has always been like that.

simon_says
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2012, 7:23 pm

What? Nothing about the secret liberal gold vault or our penchant for the blood of christian babies? Nom nom good.