Page 11 of 23 [ 368 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 23  Next

Should Prostitution be Legal?
I'm male, and I say "Yay!" 66%  66%  [ 103 ]
I'm male, and I say "Neigh!" 14%  14%  [ 22 ]
I'm female, and I say "Yes" 15%  15%  [ 23 ]
I'm female, and I say "No" 5%  5%  [ 7 ]
Total votes : 155
27 Oct 2012, 4:49 pm

puddingmouse wrote:
AspieRogue wrote:

No, human BEINGS are hardwired to seek dominance! No matter what sex they are or, who they prefer to have sex with, or what gender they identify themselves as.

I disagree. If this is true for women, it's more true for men.

You clearly haven't been around dominant women(or women with dominant impulses) much have you now........I personally have and could generate an entire thread with thousands of posts giving examples of women behaving in ways to assert power over others, including men but also other women. What kind of schools did you go to? Every woman I know IRL had told me about all of the dominance games that teenage girls play with each other.

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2012, 4:49 pm

puddingmouse wrote:
AspieRogue wrote:

No, human BEINGS are hardwired to seek dominance! No matter what sex they are or, who they prefer to have sex with, or what gender they identify themselves as.

There may be cultural expectations for men to assume a dominant role in a heterosexual relationship. In practice, this does not always happen.

27 Oct 2012, 4:52 pm

ArrantPariah wrote:
puddingmouse wrote:
AspieRogue wrote:

There may be cultural expectations for men to assume a dominant role in a heterosexual relationship. In practice, this does not always happen.

I've seen many examples of it not happening........Including the reverse where the woman is the dominant one in the marriage. That's how it is among my parents! It seems to be common among Italian and Jewish American families for the mother to assume more control over the family and the household than the father.

puddingmouse
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2012, 5:08 pm

AspieRogue wrote:
puddingmouse wrote:
AspieRogue wrote:

You clearly haven't been around dominant women(or women with dominant impulses) much have you now........I personally have and could generate an entire thread with thousands of posts giving examples of women behaving in ways to assert power over others, including men but also other women. What kind of schools did you go to? Every woman I know IRL had told me about all of the dominance games that teenage girls play with each other.

(edited)

Last edited by puddingmouse on 28 Oct 2012, 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2012, 5:23 pm

puddingmouse wrote:
In my opinion, your body is an aspect of yourself integral to your personhood. If you see bodies as something to be bought and sold, then I think something is wrong with you. I realise that my opinion isn't the mainstream one, and people tell me I'm the one who's messed-up and unhealthy, but I don't care. I believe in what I think is right.

I'm sure that you had in mind

1 Corinthians 6 wrote:
Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind....shall inherit the kingdom of God. And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God....

Now the body is not for fornication, but for the Lord; and the Lord for the body. And God hath both raised up the Lord, and will also raise up us by his own power.

Know ye not that your bodies are the members of Christ? shall I then take the members of Christ, and make them the members of an harlot? God forbid.

What? know ye not that he which is joined to a harlot is one body? for two, saith he, shall be one flesh. But he that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit.

Flee fornication. Every sin that a man doeth is without the body; but he that committeth fornication sinneth against his own body.

What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?

For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.

Congratulations on being the first to bring Paul into the present discussion.

Anywhom, prior to Paulianity, people could fornicate with harlots to their heart's content. Ever since Paul, particularly in the more puritanical Anglo-Saxon countries, harlotry is very much frowned upon, and usually illegal. Because, if you and a harlot make the beast with two backs, then you descend to her level and becum a harlot yourself, and can't inherit the Kingdom of God.

puddingmouse
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2012, 5:28 pm

^You know that is absolutely not what I meant.

27 Oct 2012, 6:05 pm

puddingmouse wrote:

Well I went to HS were the girls played all those stupid dominance games but did NOT have men controlling their lives or boys bullying them. In fact, some of them were spoiled rotten by their fathers and many of them came from wealthy families.

Your family sounds horribly dysfunction, or at least it was for your mother and your grandmas. Clearly your family has an ugly history of rape and sexual abuse and I am not in any position to speculate why. There are families that are plagued by physical and sexual violence, but I know plenty of families where this has never been an issue and also a number of families were the Women are the ones who run things and make the important decisions. Your families *curse* isn't automatically what the rest of society is like.

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2012, 6:36 pm

puddingmouse wrote:

I do perceive similarities between your outlook and Paul's.

The only difference is over who gives whom the cooties.

puddingmouse
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2012, 11:03 pm

AspieRogue wrote:

Well I went to HS were the girls played all those stupid dominance games but did NOT have men controlling their lives or boys bullying them. In fact, some of them were spoiled rotten by their fathers and many of them came from wealthy families.

Your family sounds horribly dysfunction, or at least it was for your mother and your grandmas. Clearly your family has an ugly history of rape and sexual abuse and I am not in any position to speculate why. There are families that are plagued by physical and sexual violence, but I know plenty of families where this has never been an issue and also a number of families were the Women are the ones who run things and make the important decisions. Your families *curse* isn't automatically what the rest of society is like.

Those women who are privileged, would you say that their privilege is dependent on them playing by certain 'rules'? If so, where do you think those rules originate?

If you are going to say, 'men have to play by the rules, too', then yes, patriarchy controls men, too.

Last edited by puddingmouse on 27 Oct 2012, 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

puddingmouse
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2012, 11:05 pm

ArrantPariah wrote:
puddingmouse wrote:

That's a very big difference, so much so that it's a complete reversal of Paul's position.

28 Oct 2012, 12:21 am

puddingmouse wrote:
AspieRogue wrote:

Those women who are privileged, would you say that their privilege is dependent on them playing by certain 'rules'? If so, where do you think those rules originate?

I would say their privilege came from being white women born into wealthy families. IDK what else to say because I know so many women in my country my age and much younger who really don't feel powerless because of their sex.

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2012, 8:07 am

puddingmouse wrote:
ArrantPariah wrote:
puddingmouse wrote:

That's a very big difference, so much so that it's a complete reversal of Paul's position.

The difference is trivial. The net result is identical: no-one should hire a harlot. Whether the client is sordid before the encounter (and then sullies the harlot), or becums sordid as a result of the encounter, it is all the same.

My stance on the issue represents the complete reversal of Paul's position.

Your outlook is fundamentally Christian.

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2012, 8:15 am

puddingmouse wrote:

If you are going to say, 'men have to play by the rules, too', then yes, patriarchy controls men, too.

Women who are privileged are not constrained by rules. They create their own rules, to control the less-privileged.

The Patriarchy did abolish legal prostitution, but I don't see the Matriarchy trying to bring it back.

"Patriarchy" is starting to sound like the kind of term that Conspiracy Theorists love to throw around. Now I'm using it.

puddingmouse
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2012, 8:15 am

ArrantPariah wrote:
puddingmouse wrote:
ArrantPariah wrote:
puddingmouse wrote:

The difference is trivial. The net result is identical: no-one should hire a harlot. Whether the client is sordid before the encounter (and then sullies the harlot), or becums sordid as a result of the encounter, it is all the same.

My stance on the issue represents the complete reversal of Paul's position.

Your outlook is fundamentally Christian.

Your outlook is fundamentally sophistic.

I don't think the prostitute becomes sullied by accepting clients or that the clients are sullied. I reject any notion of sin and sullying altogether. I simply think that the mindset of a john is an abusive mindset. When I talk about physical self being important to one's self concept, I mean pyschologically, not spiritually.

You just don't care. All you want to do is talking about cumming and hot pieces of ass. You're not going to make me think differently about johns with such behaviour.

Last edited by puddingmouse on 28 Oct 2012, 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

puddingmouse
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2012, 8:18 am

ArrantPariah wrote:
puddingmouse wrote:

Women who are privileged are not constrained by rules. They create their own rules, to control the less-privileged.

The Patriarchy did abolish legal prostitution, but I don't see the Matriarchy trying to bring it back.

"Patriarchy" is starting to sound like the kind of term that Conspiracy Theorists love to throw around. Now I'm using it.

1. Pull the other one. When women politicians and the like are not subjected to close analysis of their appearance, I'll believe you.
2. Yes, it did abolish it in some places. Matriarchy can't bring it back because matriarchy doesn't exist. There are many feminists who argue for the decriminalisation and legalisation of prostitution.
3. Sociologists would disagree.

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2012, 11:08 am

puddingmouse wrote:
Your outlook is fundamentally sophistic.

Thank you for the great compliment, Sister Puddingmouse.

puddingmouse wrote:
I don't think the prostitute becomes sullied by accepting clients or that the clients are sullied. I reject any notion of sin and sullying altogether. I simply think that the mindset of a john is an abusive mindset. When I talk about physical self being important to one's self concept, I mean pyschologically, not spiritually.

The "physical self" being important to one's "self concept": whether talking psychologically or spiritually, it amounts to the same line of reasoning. The judgmental aspect of your outlook is fundamentally similar to a religious perspective. Labeling someone as "abusive" merely because he wants an orgasm, and is willing to pay someone to administer it, could just as well be coming from a church-goer.

puddingmouse wrote:
You just don't care.

I just maintain a different opinion.

puddingmouse wrote:
All you want to do is talking about cumming and hot pieces of ass.

puddingmouse wrote:
You're not going to make me think differently about johns with such behaviour.

I'm not anticipating that your way of thinking will change.

Last edited by ArrantPariah on 28 Oct 2012, 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.