Page 1 of 4 [ 49 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

pandabear
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2011, 12:45 pm

I think that the only point on which everyone agrees is that Jesus was a Jewish Galilean whom Roman soldiers crucified during the first century.

A lot of businesses were built, wars fought, and blood shed over various things attributed to this Galilean.

What do you think about Jesus, personally? Is there anything that you would have done differently if you were he? Do you whole-heartedly approve of everything he did, or is there anything that you wish he would or wouldn't have done?

Philologos
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2011, 1:12 pm

pandabear wrote:
I think that the only point on which everyone agrees is that Jesus was a Jewish Galilean whom Roman soldiers crucified during the first century.

A lot of businesses were built, wars fought, and blood shed over various things attributed to this Galilean.

What do you think about Jesus, personally? Is there anything that you would have done differently if you were he? Do you whole-heartedly approve of everything he did, or is there anything that you wish he would or wouldn't have done?

Taking your aquestion at face value, though your record is mixed:

I am the wrong person to ask. Or maybe the right one. I am not properly socialized, and there is no one who acts like me or like whom I act.

Congrats by the way on using - and using correctly, it is rare these days - "if you were he".

First, I an ennea-5 - more detaiul available but likely of no interest to you. Jesus is not. So I would have hid out more, taught less, been less intelligible, been totally ignored, and either left town in disgust or been crucified earlier.

As for approving of what he did - if you are not in the moccasins on the spot second guessing is pointless. One assumes he acted on the data and intentions available to him.

The cursing of the fig tree does strike me as pique. But I have done worse under stress.

Hey - I do not totally understand or approve of what Number 1 Son does, and he is as close to me in style as it gets. But I have begun to realize it is not worthwhile even to second gues my ignorant young punk self of too many years back.

MONKEY
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2011, 1:54 pm

Jesus is alright, but his fan base I'm not so sure about. :wink:

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

05 Feb 2011, 2:18 pm

MONKEY wrote:
Jesus is alright, but his fan base I'm not so sure about. :wink:

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2011, 2:23 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bh4nNdNJ_U8[/youtube]

abaisse
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2011, 4:10 pm

I quite like Jesus and wish some of my fellow Christians were more Christ-like.

pgd
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2011, 4:27 pm

What do you think about Jesus? Well, no film footage or tape recording of Jesus Christ exist. The story of Jesus is told by Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John - Jesus did not write his own autobiography. So: Jesus Christ Superstar (musical) by Andrew Lloyd Webber with lyrics by Tim Rice and The Pilgrim's Progress book by John Bunyan. Jesus Christ apparently was a liberal member of Judaism and the local politicians/members of conservative Judaism did not like Jesus Christ acquiring a piece of the profitable religious business/political airwaves pie so they had Jesus disposed of. Jesus Christ is at least as real as Eve and Adam from the Old Testment.

Last edited by pgd on 05 Feb 2011, 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pgd
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2011, 4:45 pm

(Duplicate post deleted. Sorry.)

Last edited by pgd on 05 Feb 2011, 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2011, 4:46 pm

Vigilans wrote:

The is very strange. He doesn't look Jewish.

ruveyn

ryan93
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2011, 5:09 pm

ruveyn wrote:
Vigilans wrote:

The is very strange. He doesn't look Jewish.

ruveyn

Don't be insane. Jesus was clearly an american-looking Caucasian man.

Jesus is okay, he's not in my top-ten.

Member of the WP Strident Atheists

MCalavera
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2011, 6:44 pm

Jesus an ok person?

If Jesus was the way the Bible described him, then he was quite insane!

Imagine a guy coming up to you and saying that he is from God (whom he refers to as his Father) and that he is the way to heaven (and so on).

The guy is at least a lunatic and, at most, a very dangerous fellow.

Read this (from someone who knows what narcissism is as he himself is a narcissist!)
http://www.authorsden.com/visit/viewArt ... p?id=34640

pandabear
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2011, 7:53 pm

There are some who think that Jesus was just a nice, gay Jewish man.

ryan93
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2011, 8:08 pm

MCalavera wrote:
Jesus an ok person?

If Jesus was the way the Bible described him, then he was quite insane!

Imagine a guy coming up to you and saying that he is from God (whom he refers to as his Father) and that he is the way to heaven (and so on).

The guy is at least a lunatic and, at most, a very dangerous fellow.

Read this (from someone who knows what narcissism is as he himself is a narcissist!)
http://www.authorsden.com/visit/viewArt ... p?id=34640

The insane can be nice :P Jesus (as described by the bible) was somewhat ahead of his time.

Member of the WP Strident Atheists

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2011, 8:49 pm

I don't think any serious student of history can dismiss Jesus' existence, or that he led a religious movement that outlived him. The question of if he is the Christ is a matter of faith.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

Vexcalibur
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2011, 9:07 pm

I think Jesus is a pretty cool guy, he fights romans and doesn't afraid of anything.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2011, 9:22 pm

Vexcalibur wrote:
I think Jesus is a pretty cool guy, he fights romans and doesn't afraid of anything.

Not quite true - remember the Garden of Gethsemane, where he prayed and sweated blood for hours, asking his Father in heaven if there was any other way than crucifixion. His mortal side it seems had plenty to fear of getting hurt and dying.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer