Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2012, 2:00 pm

After reading the thread "War on Men", I thought I'd take the time to speak my opinion on feminism and how it influenced me and my view towards women. Feminism WAS great and all but in recent years it has basically done so much more damage than good. It severed the male/female relationship, turned women into sexists while claiming guys are the real sexists, leaves almost no room for marriage and kids, messed up the gender roles, and gave women their very own pair of genitals (not literally of course). With my limited social skills, I can't talk to women, but that is the least my worries.

Natural Selection is something I often use as term in the dating world for women picking off guys. They see a guy, find at least ONE thing wrong with him then put him on a list of guys to avoid. They dream of the perfect guy they hope to meet one day. The perfect guy? Let me guess (and this may vary depending on the girl because this is just a general idea) Intelligent, buff, no skin conditions, no mental issues, shows sensitivity, respectful, no bizarre habits, no geeky hobbies, etc. Can we really cease to be who we are to be that perfect guy. Perfectionism is one of four blood boiling enemies of my daily life. I can't do it.

The day I discovered women making fun of my conditions, it just tore me apart. What does finding a guy's weakness or something different about him that makes him stand out and exploiting that factor especially for COMEDY have to do with anything let alone feminism? With my numerous neurological disorders, I'm practically a minority. You should NEVER make fun of a minority even if you are part of another group asking for equality. Women go about asking for gender equality all the time when it is not delivered and they make fun of me? To hell with feminism. To hell with gender equality. To hell with dating. All of that crap can wait. As I still get picked on long after high school, I'm too busy trying to get the world to tolerate and accept my differences and respect me as an individual. An impossible dream, but I know I can make it real one day. I don't want to be the school side show anymore.

Back in elementary school, I met a girl. She reached out to me when I was alone. We became good friends for a time. She really meant a lot to me. No girl has ever reached out to me like that nor has been that nice to me since. The last days I saw her, she got involved with a bad crowd. I saw her dating another guy. I could easily recognize who she was with. That guy was one of many students who made fun of me. Every encounter I had with her since then, she was very emotionally distant from me. Later, I heard she got pregnant and dropped out of high school. I never saw her since. To this day, I still wish more women would be like her.

When something bad happens, a feminist says "this is men's fault." Whenever I'm part of an entire group of people who are generally blamed for something that is not individually my fault, I feel the need to disassociate. This is men's fault? Fine! I'm not a man. I'm just "one person" who refuses to have the blame shared with me because I had absolutely nothing to do with the misdeeds of the rest of the group. If war is men's fault, then war is not my fault. Feminists blame men entirely even if some men aren't what they hate.

From my experience, who needs feminism? Because I definitely don't. This sex war is completely pointless to me. You might say otherwise to contradict what I already put, but this is an opinion formed from my heart & soul, my pain, and my memories.

MDD123
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2012, 4:33 pm

You should read the "48 laws of power" by Robert Greene. One of the laws adresses the consequences of fighting someone else's fight.

You realize that you don't want to fight for a cause you have no stake in, but fighting against it is only going to give everyone a target to attack. I'm personally happy to have women on equal standing with men, gender inequality is a symptom of an unhealthy society, if not a cause of it.

Women are a lot more like men than you may realize, they do stuff at 20 that they wouldn't do at 30. Not to say there isn't mean-spiritedness at any age, but the best way to not get caught up in it is to find something better than present circumstances to strive for, or something worse to run from.

MCalavera
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2012, 4:51 pm

MDD123 wrote:
Women are a lot more like men than you may realize

I would say that with all the hype going on currently about women and men being so much alike, it would be more appropriate to state the opposite.

Men and women are not as alike as many people make them out to be today.

There are obviously women who act as men, and vice versa. Just as there are men who possess what only women should biologically possess. But exceptions do not define the main rule.

I'm all for equal rights, but why not celebrate the differences rather than pretend they are so alike?

MDD123
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2012, 6:03 pm

MCalavera wrote:
MDD123 wrote:
Women are a lot more like men than you may realize

I would say that with all the hype going on currently about women and men being so much alike, it would be more appropriate to state the opposite.

Men and women are not as alike as many people make them out to be today.

There are obviously women who act as men, and vice versa. Just as there are men who possess what only women should biologically possess. But exceptions do not define the main rule.

I'm all for equal rights, but why not celebrate the differences rather than pretend they are so alike?

It's all a matter of which perspective works for you. Women are less intimidating for me if I relate in terms of similarity, that's just where I am in life. If I start putting myself out there again, I'd probably see it a different way.

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2012, 6:34 pm

MDD123 wrote:
You should read the "48 laws of power" by Robert Greene. One of the laws adresses the consequences of fighting someone else's fight.

You realize that you don't want to fight for a cause you have no stake in, but fighting against it is only going to give everyone a target to attack. I'm personally happy to have women on equal standing with men, gender inequality is a symptom of an unhealthy society, if not a cause of it.

Women are a lot more like men than you may realize, they do stuff at 20 that they wouldn't do at 30. Not to say there isn't mean-spiritedness at any age, but the best way to not get caught up in it is to find something better than present circumstances to strive for, or something worse to run from.

Gender Equality is necessary but I don't see and I never will see any reason to treat a woman equally when she herself treats me like crap because I'm different. Plenty of women have already used my own misophonia against me. With the right observation, I can pick some flaws off her body and exploit them for comedy and see how she likes it. I've encountered a lot of bullying powered by feminism and it is just plain STUPID. For me, this is not about Gender vs Gender. The war I'm fighting is Gender vs Neurological Disorder. I've been trying to get people to see me as a human for over 13 years and I still get bullied. I don't care about gender. I want people especially women to realize my condition is NOT funny anymore. I want my share of equal treatment and even 1% or less of the people I've met and known including women who don't give it is unacceptable. They come first. The world can wait. And don't use that phrase "People are going to be bullying you your whole life so you have to accept it." I already heard it years ago and the high school teacher who said it is now dead to me just like my 7th grade math teacher before her and the Greenbrier Elementary after school staff before him.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2012, 6:39 pm

Sadly the world is full of lemmings you can't click on them to keep them from walking off a cliff.

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2012, 6:55 pm

I had a foster brother with cerebral palsy and I didn't like the way some women treated him.They acted threatened by him even talking to them,they wouldn't even look at him when they answered.I don't know if they were feminists but they were rude.
You can't judge all women by the actions of some.
I had a man that I really had a crush on call me a "dingbat".I don't think all men are like that guy.
Some people are just mean,they want to hurt others to make themselves feel powerful.

puddingmouse
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2012, 7:00 pm

Aspiegaming wrote:
. Later, I heard she got pregnant and dropped out of high school. I never saw her since. To this day, I still wish more women would be like her.

What, getting pregnant and dropping out of school? Plenty of women do that in deprived communities, I don't see that as a rarity.

MDD123
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2012, 7:28 pm

Aspiegaming wrote:
Gender Equality is necessary but I don't see and I never will see any reason to treat a woman equally when she herself treats me like crap because I'm different. Plenty of women have already used my own misophonia against me. With the right observation, I can pick some flaws off her body and exploit them for comedy and see how she likes it. I've encountered a lot of bullying powered by feminism and it is just plain STUPID. For me, this is not about Gender vs Gender. The war I'm fighting is Gender vs Neurological Disorder. I've been trying to get people to see me as a human for over 13 years and I still get bullied. I don't care about gender. I want people especially women to realize my condition is NOT funny anymore. I want my share of equal treatment and even 1% or less of the people I've met and known including women who don't give it is unacceptable. They come first. The world can wait. And don't use that phrase "People are going to be bullying you your whole life so you have to accept it." I already heard it years ago and the high school teacher who said it is now dead to me just like my 7th grade math teacher before her and the Greenbrier Elementary after school staff before him.

I don't think you should have to accept bullying or an inferior status as a human being, I wouldn't accept any of that either. It's just that you can't change an attitude, going on the defensive when faced with poor treatment only encourages people (learned it the hard way). Authority figures hate settling disputes, plus they can't change an attitude either, and NTs in general know how to get sneakier to avoid being caught (they call it "gas-lighting").

I learned long ago that I do not impress people when I talk to them, I have to know someone for awhile before I'm comfortable articulating more than a few syllables to them. All that energy I get from my frustration gets burned out at the gym.

The resentment is not going to help you in the long run, so finding a way to burn that energy really helps. Having a source of happiness greater than what the group gives you is priceless, finding it is on you though.

NAKnight
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Dec 2012, 7:38 pm

I know exactly how you feel.
When I was in middle school until my senior year in High School I was the target of multiple forms of bullying. I was called "Shirley" at one point as a derogatory term from the "popular boys" at the school. All the girls disassociated with me because I was "Different" I had terrible acne at that age as well, which did not improve my case AT ALL.

After Graduation, I never saw those people again. There was a few friends in school which I grew accustomed too. I see them time to time.
Some of those friends actually started to get to know me, I wasn't this awkward dude from middle school. I could actually bring something to the table.

Best Regards,

Jake

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2012, 8:27 pm

puddingmouse wrote:
Aspiegaming wrote:
. Later, I heard she got pregnant and dropped out of high school. I never saw her since. To this day, I still wish more women would be like her.

What, getting pregnant and dropping out of school? Plenty of women do that in deprived communities, I don't see that as a rarity.

I think you misread. I meant I wished more women would be as nice to me as she used to be and reach to me when I'm alone like she used to. If that's not the case then, yeah, plenty of women in bad communities drop out of school because of pregnancy and it's no surprise, but why did it have to happen to her out of all the girls I went to high school with? I heard plenty of them were smoking in the bathrooms. I caught two smoking in front of me and I'm trying not to breathe it in and look back at me and start laughing. I'll have you know my grandmother on dad's side was a lung cancer victim during the spring of '06 and her death resulted in 60% of all family problems and parental arguments because my dad can't let go. Those girls could've engaged in sex and pregnancy while they were at it for all I know. Times were tough for me back then since I had very few friends and most of them had to move away. Of all the allies I had, only one still remained and stuck by and he was a really good friend too. The only friend left while my enemy count continued to rise as rumors about my crazy condition spread like wildfire and gossiping female students were at fault.

puddingmouse
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2012, 8:32 pm

^I was making a weak joke, I knew that was probably not what you meant.

Tensu
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2012, 9:48 pm

Aspiegaming wrote:
'And don't use that phrase "People are going to be bullying you your whole life so you have to accept it." I already heard it years ago and the high school teacher who said it is now dead to me just like my 7th grade math teacher before her and the Greenbrier Elementary after school staff before him.

People are going to be bullying you your whole life so you have to BURN THEM ALL!! !

And not with fire. Everyone and their grandma is claiming to be a pyro these days. :roll:

Use acid!

But in all seriousness, I was bullied a ton in school, mostly by the faculty. But when I was picked on by my fellow students picked on me, it was pretty much the other boys every time. The girls seemed to like me.

LKL
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2012, 11:35 pm

TL:DR OP: 'I can't get a date, therefore feminism sux.'

Seriously, dude, it sucks that you're lonely, but it's not women's responsibility to fix that for you whether they're feminists or not. You wouldn't have been better off in the 50's when all of the women were required to wear skirts to school and had to fight tooth and nail to be anything other than housewives.

A lot of us on Wrong Planet have serious problems making and keeping friends of either gender, but that has nothing to do with feminism and it is not the responsibility of the world at large to make us feel better if we are obnoxious to them, even if we don't mean to be.

NAKnight
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Dec 2012, 12:35 am

LKL wrote:
A lot of us on Wrong Planet have serious problems making and keeping friends of either gender, but that has nothing to do with feminism and it is not the responsibility of the world at large to make us feel better if we are obnoxious to them, even if we don't mean to be.

He's exactly right.
You gotta man up and say enough is enough and start bettering yourself.
That includes admitting to yourself that you are not going to be the victim of circumstance.
Balls up bro!

Best Regards,

Jake

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2012, 4:48 am

Just get a new one it may take time though and youl find someone that fits your criteria.And go to Canada and say your not Steven Harper! [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmthTKSWFWw[/youtube] :lol:

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList