Page 4 of 4 [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Surfman
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2012, 4:10 am

ruveyn wrote:
. We just don't know who they are.

ruveyn

I'm guessing quietgirl or whoever from the FBI are increasing their profiling criteria, regarding mental spree shooters
I'm guessing we assist their understanding
Via our special understandings of the spectrum

However, if you have met one aspergers person
you have met one person

As an aside its interesting the number of murderers called 'Wayne'

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2012, 4:23 am

ruveyn wrote:
Do the scare quotes indicate that you deny there are some people with mental problems that make them dangerous to their neighbors?

Nope. Though I know it's blown way out of proportion (just in the same way as other single blame-alls), from the studies I've read that is.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2012, 2:04 pm

ruveyn wrote:
What is "mentally ill"? That man wants to create a population of scape goats.

Did you know that in the Soviet Union (now dead and gone, thank goodness) I would have been classified as both insane and dangerous. Why? Because I distrust and dislike the government.

ruveyn

Eventually, that definition of "mental illness" may come to include us Aspies.
Personally, I think Lapierre should undergo psychological evaluation, and see if he ought to get blacklisted, too.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

MrXxx
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2012, 3:30 pm

So this is where we're headed? :?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=540DgTNf3go[/youtube]

I'm not likely to be around much longer. As before when I first signed up here years ago, I'm finding that after a long hiatus, and after only a few days back on here, I'm spending way too much time here again already. So I'm requesting my account be locked, banned or whatever. It's just time. Until then, well, I dunno...

petitesouris
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

01 Jan 2013, 4:55 pm

I was afraid someone would suggest something like this. What is meant anyways by this deliberate vagueness when using the term "mental ilness" :?: :?: Is an otherwise sane person with post traumatic stress disorder the same as someone with antisocial personality disorder or with paranoid schizophrenia? "Mental illness", so to speak, results or is affected by an endless diversity of natural and circumstantial factors, along with personal decisions, so it is ignorant to assume that all psychological disorders take the same course and have the same behavioral manifestations.

Innumerable murderers and sadists would never be suspected of having any problems and demonizing people with depression, affective disorders, anxiety disorders, ocd, social disabilities, adhd, people suffering from psychotic or dissociative disorders, etc., would only take attention away from dangerous people who look successful and functional, perhaps deliberately. Collectively speaking, humanity, not just the small portion of "mentally ill" people (all of which this dishonest person portrays as dangerous when most of them are not), is an abject failure. If only mentally unstable people committed violence, then there would be little need for guns, or the control of weapons and explosives, or a government, or a military. If individuals never massacred children, or engaged in terrorism, or became mass murderers and dictators, then there would be no neccessity for supposedly "good" people controlling guns and nuclear weapons. There is no documented positive or negative correlation between disabilities/psychological disorders and ethics. Views about the control of weapons aside, this disingenuous person is trying to displace responsibility for increased antisocial violence from sociopaths, consisting of both "normal" and insane people (who most likely, more often than not, are obsessed with assault weapons along with the senseless violence portrayed by the "entertainment" industry on tv and other media), to a population that so many appalling people get away with abusing.