[UK] Failed £2m Preston park and ride in 'wrong place'

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2013, 9:02 pm

This is a very local story to me as I live about four miles from the site and pass it nearly every day.

Quote:
Failed £2m Fulwood park and ride in 'wrong place'

A failed park and ride scheme in Preston would never have worked, the boss of Lancashire County Council says.

Geoff Driver, leader of the Tory-led council, said: "People were never going to use it because of its location."

The £2m park and ride scheme in Fulwood opened in 2009 but Lancashire County Council closed it in early 2011.

Ahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

I could have told them that even before they had built it. It's nowhere near the town centre and is in exactly the wrong place. To add to that, it's relatively easy to get parked up in the town-- sorry, 'city', anyway.

Another massive waste of money that I heard of absolutely no-one ever using.

Utnapishtim
Raven
Raven

19 Jan 2013, 9:48 pm

Boody hell, why on earth fork out for that white elephant? :roll:
LCC should of put that money to good use by doing something with Preston bus station!

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2013, 9:49 pm

Utnapishtim wrote:
LCC should of put that money to good use by doing something with Preston bus station!

No, they want to destroy that and build a new one.

Utnapishtim
Raven
Raven

19 Jan 2013, 10:01 pm

This is iffie as I know on Granada and North West Tonight before Christmas there was talk of an anonymous local businessman whating to save it.

I seen this 70% want to keep bus station your bloody council needs to listen to its people.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2013, 10:08 pm

Yeah, but it's like democracy all over Europe, isn't it? The people's voice isn't worth a damn. Not at local council level, not at national level, and certainly not at EU level!

Utnapishtim
Raven
Raven

19 Jan 2013, 10:40 pm

True tho the likes of the Grosvenor Group and Peel Holdings have more of a "democratic" say in what goes on in our region that the average Joe dones. :wink: