NRA: "guns don't kill people, video games do"

Page 6 of 8 [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2013, 4:41 pm

I agree,don't shoot glass,aluminum cans,you can still recycle even if they have holes in them.
Somebody better pick that glass up. :evil:

Venger
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2013, 4:42 pm

Raptor wrote:
Venger wrote:
Guns are boring anyways except for shooting stuff like glass bottles with. So I don't see why people get so obsessed with them. The ammo is usually overpriced too except for guns like a 22-magnum which is what I have. Ammo is dirt-cheap for a generic regular 22. rifle though, but those are kinda lame.

:roll:
1. Shooting glass is irresponsible.
2. .22 magnum is WAY overpriced.
3. "Regular" .22LR is at least twice what it used to be and it's hard to find right now. And there's nothing lame about them if you actually know how to shoot.
I really don't think you own a gun of any kind.

Last time I checked 22-magnum ammo was around $8-$9 for 50 hollow-point rounds which isn't bad. I haven't bought ammo for it in awhile though although I still have some. The gun also holds around a dozen bullets at a time, and it reloads super-quick since it's lever action. The 30-30 I used to have only held a few bullets at a time and a box of just 20 rounds was pretty expensive too.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2013, 5:02 pm

/\
Considering that it's still a .22 rimfire (even though it's a magnum) $8-9 for 50 is still expensive.
It's probably more right now.
I have a .22 mag but I rarely shoot it since I can shoot .22 LR a helluva lot cheaper.

Venger
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2013, 5:03 pm

Misslizard wrote:
I agree,don't shoot glass,aluminum cans,you can still recycle even if they have holes in them.

Cans are no fun though since they don't explode like glass-bottles full of water. That's also why target shooting is boring.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2013, 5:04 pm

Misslizard wrote:

Animals can cut their paws on glass shards.
That's why I don't approve of it.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2013, 5:06 pm

Venger wrote:
Misslizard wrote:

Cans are no fun though since they don't explode like glass-bottles full of water. That's also why target shooting is boring.

Fill a can with water and shoot it with that .22 magnum.
It'll explode just fine. Trust me.
Even a hyper-velocity .22 LR will do it.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2013, 5:12 pm

Venger wrote:
Misslizard wrote:

Than fill up a plastic milk jug and freeze it.
Shoot that glass on federal land here and you will have a park ranger on your a$$ pronto,then you will pay $$$$$$$.We don't like glass in our rivers.
Ever try skeet?

John_Browning
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2013, 5:33 pm

Clays are usually biodegradable now. I've heard good things about using boxes of modeling clay, and cut-up tree trunks (especially palm tree) are fun as well!

"A fear of weapons is a sign of ret*d sexual and emotional maturity."
-Sigmund Freud

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2013, 5:36 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MytfhzcSF-Y[/youtube][youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=St2-gRFBqnw[/youtube] :lol:

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2013, 8:42 pm

"Guns don't kill people, the government does"

--Dale Gribble

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2013, 8:51 pm

^^^^^You mean Rusty Shackelford :lol:

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2013, 3:23 am

Why do the Nutters and the "n" ra need guns anyways to kill $%$^& I imagine cant they find other ways to amuse them selves ?
I'm being serious here.

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2013, 3:36 am

Tim_Tex wrote:
"Guns don't kill people, the government does"

--Dale Gribble

Oh yes :roll: If we had it your way we would still be making asbestos :roll:
Who ended that liitle racket I wonder :wink:

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2013, 3:48 am

aussiebloke wrote:
... Nutters ... .

This "nutter" shoots stuff because it's fun; knocking over cans, seeing how close you can group your shots on paper, working out all the math involved in long range shooting and taking that very first shot with all the variables included, and knocking that small target over at 300 yards+, is one of the "perfect" moments in time that people experience when they enjoy something.

This "nutter" will shoot animals too -- no different to going to the supermarket and buying meat, other than you do all the work involved (if I was a vegetarian I wouldn't shoot animals, but I'm not).

Always fun to see people generalize, deride and stigmatize people when they don't harm anyone, and it's especially fun when it comes from people who have it done to them.

J-Greens
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2013, 5:22 am

Dillogic wrote:
This "nutter" shoots stuff because it's fun; knocking over cans, seeing how close you can group your shots on paper, working out all the math involved in long range shooting and taking that very first shot with all the variables included, and knocking that small target over at 300 yards+, is one of the "perfect" moments in time that people experience when they enjoy something.

There's a game for that, it's called darts. I agree it's good fun for accuracy practice, a laugh down the pub with mates and that buzzing feeling everytime you hit a 180 or a bull. Or a 119 checkout like I did last night 8)

Never killed a person with my darts though, :wink:

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2013, 5:47 am

1. Dillogic has never killed a person with his guns.

2. Pubs are sensory nightmares.

3. I could kill someone with a dart if I really wanted to. You just aren't trying hard enough.

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I