NZ First politician makes bigoted statements about Muslims

Page 2 of 3 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

anongamer
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

12 Feb 2013, 8:06 pm

Tequila wrote:
If so, it looks like racism to me. It's little different than just not liking 'Pakis', even if they're not Pakistanis. A lot of Indians really don't like Pakistanis, so calling them 'Paki' is a double insult.

We don't call them anything. We just wish (in private) that they all weren't here.

Just like my wish to live somewhere totally white. I don't express it to all and sundry. I don't tell them to their faces that it would be a better place without them.

Last edited by anongamer on 12 Feb 2013, 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2013, 8:07 pm

anongamer wrote:
We don't call them anything. We just wish (in private) that they all weren't here.

You can stop immigration from those countries if you feel the need. No-one is stopping you voting for a party that would put that into action.

anongamer
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

12 Feb 2013, 8:12 pm

Tequila wrote:
anongamer wrote:

You can stop immigration from those countries if you feel the need. No-one is stopping you voting for a party that would put that into action.

They get votes, problem is they never have any decent policy platform other than stopping immigration, which stops them appealing to the majority of the population who are more interested in a growing economy. (Just like your BNP)

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2013, 8:16 pm

anongamer wrote:
They get votes, problem is they never have any decent policy platform other than stopping immigration, which stops them appealing to the majority of the population who are more interested in a growing economy. (Just like your BNP)

Difference is that the BNP pretty much have very few other well known policies other than kicking the non-whites out of the country. The BNP is a very left-wing party economically. You could say that it's like leftwingism meeting racist nationalism. And, like KAP, they're very protectionist and economic nationalist but the KAP's policies on immigration aren't as extreme as the BNP's.

UKIP are against mass immigration and the EU, but they are also a civic nationalist party that believes that Britain is all the citizens that live here. They also have loads of other policies too.

If I lived in Australia, I'd probably vote for the Liberal Democratic Party, although I know they're tiny.

Last edited by Tequila on 12 Feb 2013, 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

anongamer
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

12 Feb 2013, 8:19 pm

Tequila wrote:
anongamer wrote:

Difference is that the BNP pretty much have very few other well known policies other than kicking the non-whites out of the country. The BNP is a very left-wing party economically. You could say that it's like leftwingism meeting racist nationalism.

UKIP are against mass immigration and the EU, but they are also a civic nationalist party that believes that Britain is all the citizens that live here. They also have loads of other policies too.

Yep I would would vote for a party that stopped mass immigration, banned outsourcing (or levied a tax/stopped all tax breaks), and protectionist.

The economic well being of the country and its citizens first. Everything else be damned.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2013, 8:21 pm

anongamer wrote:
Yep I would would vote for a party that stopped mass immigration, banned outsourcing (or levied a tax/stopped all tax breaks), and protectionist.

UKIP is an economically liberal and free trade party, so you probably wouldn't like them.

anongamer
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

12 Feb 2013, 8:25 pm

In my view, outsourcing falls under the same bucket as transfer pricing.

The sale/profit from the company is not enjoyed by the country it was made as the labour and tax base (from the employee that got outsourced) as well as the spending power in that country has been removed.

Transfer pricing is being cracked down on now, I see outsourcing being the next thing.

xenon13
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2013, 8:34 pm

New Zealand sold its soul in 1984.

anongamer
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

12 Feb 2013, 8:50 pm

The ironic thing that the Labour party (all Labour parties not just the UK/Australian/etc) was founded to preserve jobs and fight for the rights/conditions for its local workers.

In the 1800s and early part of the 20th century, it would be the first to protest against mass immigration, the importation of overseas labour, cheap overseas products or anything that would impact on the conditions of the local workers.

What has happened? It has joined the ranks of the loony (read green/PC) left and abandoned its history. You would think 50% of its members (the union movement) would do something about it.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2013, 9:21 pm

anongamer wrote:
The ironic thing that the Labour party (all Labour parties not just the UK/Australian/etc) was founded to preserve jobs and fight for the rights/conditions for its local workers.

In the 1800s and early part of the 20th century, it would be the first to protest against mass immigration, the importation of overseas labour, cheap overseas products or anything that would impact on the conditions of the local workers.

What has happened? It has joined the ranks of the loony (read green/PC) left and abandoned its history. You would think 50% of its members (the union movement) would do something about it.

I think what has happened is that it has realised that its traditional working class base is no longer really there, so they've imported a new electorate in some areas.

anongamer
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

12 Feb 2013, 10:09 pm

Tequila wrote:
I think what has happened is that it has realised that its traditional working class base is no longer really there, so they've imported a new electorate in some areas.

Yeah I remember reading in the 1800s our Labour party were quite strong, they created laws that blocked cheap chinese labour and products when they were a threat to domestic labour and it remained for a century. Banned Chinese immigration and stopped them from taking Australian jobs.

If only we had political parties with such balls these days.

trollcatman
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2013, 4:54 am

Tequila wrote:
trollcatman wrote:
The Australian politicians were afraid of Geert Wilders visiting their country,

They shouldn't have been. Some of Wilders' beliefs are a bit arseholish (mainly the crap about banning the Quran and closing down all Islamic schools), but I support his right to free speech and he's the leader of the third-largest party in a major country in Western Europe. That mandate deserves to be given respect. He's not a neo-Nazi or anything like that.

I agree that banning books is ridiculous, but I think he's halfway right about islamic schools. I myself believe that all schools the government pays for should be secular, so no islamic or christian schools. Parents can indoctrinate their kids in their own time, with their own money. But today religious schools in the Netherlands are also paid for by the government, bleh.
Of course Geert Wilders only talks about the islamic schools, not the christian ones.

And while his party is the 3rd largest, he only has 15 seats of the 150 in the lower house. Still, in any country claiming to respect free speech, he should be able to state his politicial ideas. In 2009 he was even banned from entering the UK. What about free speech and all that?

HauntedKnight
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

13 Feb 2013, 9:45 am

I think I'd rather kick all the racists out of the country, and replace them with Muslims or any other minorities.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2013, 10:57 am

HauntedKnight wrote:
I think I'd rather kick all the racists out of the country, and replace them with Muslims or any other minorities.

Can we start with young thugs who beat white people up and tell them to get out of 'their' Muslim area?

Whilst I agree that racism is bad (and I think that Prosser's comments are somewhat dodgy), you shouldn't conflate a dislike of racism with the very serious and necessary criticism that needs to be made of Islam and the bigotry shown by a minority of increasingly hostile and violent Muslims towards whites and other non-Muslims.

So you'd rather have a state based on Sharia (Islamic law) then? Bear in mind that Muslims themselves have deadly sectarian rifts within Islam. Look up the never-ending tit-for-tat massacres between Sunnis and Shias, the persecution of Sufis and the hatred shown to Ahmadi Muslims (even on UK TV) for a start. 40% of UK Muslims polled want Sharia law here - that's the religion that calls for apostates to be murdered and gay people to be killed.

I understand that you dislike racism, however most Muslim countries have an immeasurably worse record on racism (look at how the disgusting treatment of Indians, Pakistanis and Filipinos in the Gulf) persecution of people of other religions and are extremely backward, barbaric and intolerant societies.

You don't want Islam running your society. You really don't.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2013, 11:02 am

trollcatman wrote:
I agree that banning books is ridiculous, but I think he's halfway right about islamic schools. I myself believe that all schools the government pays for should be secular, so no islamic or christian schools.

I actually believe that schools should be allowed to teach whatever they want, as long as it's within the law. However, I do think that religious schools must toe the line on religious education if they're being funded by the state. Religious schools here in the UK get state funding but can teach whatever they want on religious matters, and are allowed to dedicate hours and hours and hours of RE every week if they wish. They might say a tiny little bit about other religions, but 95% of the material will be about Christianity, or Islam, or Judaism or whatever. It's state-funded indoctrination.

Last edited by Tequila on 13 Feb 2013, 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

HauntedKnight
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

13 Feb 2013, 11:26 am

Tequila wrote:
HauntedKnight wrote:

Can we start with young thugs who beat white people up and tell them to get out of 'their' Muslim area?

Whilst I agree that racism is bad (and I think that Prosser's comments are somewhat dodgy), you shouldn't conflate a dislike of racism with the very serious and necessary criticism that needs to be made of Islam and the bigotry shown by a minority of increasingly hostile and violent Muslims towards whites and other non-Muslims.

So you'd rather have a state based on Sharia (Islamic law) then? Bear in mind that Muslims themselves have deadly sectarian rifts within Islam. Look up the never-ending tit-for-tat massacres between Sunnis and Shias, the persecution of Sufis and the hatred shown to Ahmadi Muslims (even on UK TV) for a start. 40% of UK Muslims polled want Sharia law here - that's the religion that calls for apostates to be murdered and gay people to be killed.

I understand that you dislike racism, however most Muslim countries have an immeasurably worse record on racism (look at how the disgusting treatment of Indians, Pakistanis and Filipinos in the Gulf) persecution of people of other religions and are extremely backward, barbaric and intolerant societies.

You don't want Islam running your society. You really don't.

Hi, I grew up in Oldham so I do understand where you're coming from. I agree there are racists in every community, and I abhor it all. In Oldham there were and are white and Muslim areas, and it's sad that people can't get along. That's part of why I left. Where I live now, Derby, there are also areas of different ethnicity but there is none of the tension and frequent problems like I grew up with. I have no problems walking about in an Asian area here, and my Asian wife doesn't have any problems walking about in white areas. So I think it's the racists in general who are the problem, not one particular community.

I disagree totally with your criticism of Islam. I think for the vast majority of Muslims, it is a very peaceful religion, it's just the extremists that sometimes give it a bad name. All the Muslims I know and are friends with are very decent people and I'd much rather live alongside them than the average non-Muslim.

No I don't want Sharia law here, I don't believe religion should interfere with justice or politics. I'd also like to remove Christianity from our politics.

Last edited by HauntedKnight on 13 Feb 2013, 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.