Bulgarian drug addict who cut UK grandmother's head off...

Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2013, 8:46 pm

...in Tenerife is found guilty.

Quote:
Guilty, the drug addict who decapitated a British grandmother in Tenerife
  • A Bulgarian homeless drug addict was found guilty on Friday of murdering a British grandmother on the Canary Islands two years ago and faces up to 20 years in a secure psychiatric unit.
A jury of nine found Deyan Valentinov Deyanov criminally responsible for brutally stabbing Jennifer Mills-Westley, 60, in a supermarket on May 13, 2011 in Tenerife. He then decapitated her and ran into the street carrying her head.

During the four-day trial the court heard how Deyanov, 29, was diagnosed with acute paranoid schizophrenia and heard voices in his head commanding him "to kill, to fight, to pray". He also admitted to being a regular user of crack cocaine and LSD.

The defendant told the court the voices told him he was "an angel of Jesus of Christ" and was sent "to create a new Jerusalem".

Good. Pleased to hear this nutcase is in a secure unit where, hopefully, he will never again be allowed out to be able to do what he did to that woman.

Is everyone looking forward to 1 January 2014? More of these stories to come, but this time they will take place in the UK.

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2013, 6:45 am

What does being Bulgarian have to do with mental illness?

Are you basically saying that Bulgarians are all nutcases? That what it sounds like, "more of this"...

There are areas where the immigrant work force do skilled jobs for low pay, better than the local population, and often they are overqualified, and can do more skilled jobs.

I know a Romanian, who is fully trained doctor, working in a care role. Does he complain? No.

His stories about living under communism are really interesting. He likened it to Europe's North Korea, which is pretty apt. One thing he learnt later was that Ceaușescu and his wife were basically illiterate, they came from a dirt poor background. There is no way they actually ran the country. Instead he spent his time watch Kojak and American movies.

I just think people are all too simplistic about migration. You might want to watch Penn and Teller's BS (tm) episode on immigration.

I also recommend that South Park episode

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=768h3Tz4Qik[/youtube]

I'm for sensible immigration, controls, but frankly there is a lot of guff over immigrants, and there are areas, where they are useful, and given that in these case they are paying taxes, I rather them than companies who avoid tax.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2013, 11:44 am

0_equals_true wrote:
What does being Bulgarian have to do with mental illness? Are you basically saying that Bulgarians are all nutcases? That what it sounds like, "more of this"...

Tequila made no such connection; YOU did.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2013, 11:56 am

0_equals_true wrote:

Are you basically saying that Bulgarians are all nutcases? That what it sounds like, "more of this"...

No, that's not what I said. What I meant was that, given the open-door immigration from Bulgaria and Romania, we are going to see a lot more cases like this that would easily have been prevented were we able to root out the nasties effectively.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2013, 12:19 pm

The biggest problem with those "nasties" is that they can easily pass for decent, law-abiding people during the screening process, or they can find ways to slip past without being noticed until it's too late. Just look at what has happened here in Arizona, California, Florida, New Mexico, and Texas.

I say, "Rally the troops and close the borders!"

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

TheValk
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2013, 12:28 pm

It's easy to speak of the threats of immigration when you're safe and sound at home.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2013, 12:30 pm

Around here we have people on bath salts and Meth.Some of the stuff that happens is gruesome and weird.And they are locals,not immigrants.if you hear about a naked person on a rampage it's bath salts.One tried to get into the city council naked and beating on the door in Mo.Later the council voted they could come to work armed,can't really blame them.

awesomeautist
Raven
Raven

24 Feb 2013, 12:46 pm

Tequila wrote:
0_equals_true wrote:

No, that's not what I said. What I meant was that, given the open-door immigration from Bulgaria and Romania, we are going to see a lot more cases like this that would easily have been prevented were we able to root out the nasties effectively.

Even if you stop immigration completely there'll be home grown nasties aplenty. Any group, anywhere, will have a few bad apples.

TheValk
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2013, 12:47 pm

awesomeautist wrote:
Tequila wrote:
0_equals_true wrote:

Even if you stop immigration completely there'll be home grown nasties aplenty. Any group, anywhere, will have a few bad apples.

Correct... In fact, a foreigner being stigmatised as a potential nasty is more likely to end up as one due to all the pressure.

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2013, 3:29 pm

Fnord wrote:
0_equals_true wrote:
What does being Bulgarian have to do with mental illness? Are you basically saying that Bulgarians are all nutcases? That what it sounds like, "more of this"...

he did imply it.

Quote:
More of these stories to come, but this time they will take place in the UK.

I'm sorry but that is precisely what it is implying. People should think more carefully when they speak. He is implying that becuase this guy is Bulgarian , and more Bulgarians will be coming this will lead to more of these stories.

Last edited by 0_equals_true on 24 Feb 2013, 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2013, 3:35 pm

Tequila wrote:

Why do assume there will be more cases like this? What are they doing to root out cases in local population?

Paranoid schizophrenia is a problem wherever you are.

My cousin is schizophrenic though not paranoid. Predicting paranoid schizophrenia is near impossible, you just have to react to it, and ensure they get he help they need.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2013, 4:34 pm

0_equals_true wrote:
Fnord wrote:
0_equals_true wrote:
he did imply it.

No, you inferred it.

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2013, 4:54 pm

he said that more of these stories are to come as a result of Bulgarian immigration. I rest my case, it is pretty plain.

take his reply

Quote:

so by that he is making a link between Bulgarian migration an this sort of crime.

That's what I call sensationalist at best.

1000Knives
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2013, 1:39 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLNzd_FcThs[/youtube]

Bulgarians are cool.