Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2013, 2:23 pm

Arab slave-owners in Sudan whipping their black slaves:

[Mod. edit: video redacted because posting graphic images or videos of people or animals being harmed is prohibited.]

"Abd" refers to black people in contemporary Arabic. It is also the word for slave.

Those people who feel guilty over the U.S. slave trade (and rightly so) should have a look at those who not only still indulge in open slavery in other parts of the world, but are proud of being slavers.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2013, 2:33 pm

How dismal is the fact that this still happens in places.
I just don't get how someone can do that to a human or animal.
How can they sleep at night???

YippySkippy
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2013, 3:01 pm

There's an Arabic version of the "Dr. Phil" show. The host tells men how to beat their wives correctly.
Really, nothing that occurs in the Middle East shocks me anymore.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2013, 3:07 pm

YippySkippy wrote:
There's an Arabic version of the "Dr. Phil" show. The host tells men how to beat their wives correctly.
Really, nothing that occurs in the Middle East shocks me anymore.

If British TV broadcast the sort of stuff that is regularly shown on Arab TV, entire corporations would go into meltdown. That's how repulsive the hatred is.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2013, 3:30 pm

Thats Sharia law for ya!

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

thomas81
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2013, 4:13 pm

I call crocodile tears. The hypocrisy here is, those that lauded the Libyan NTC have set the stage for this sort of racist violence across Libya. The pro-Idris faction had a track record of anti black violence, that was being replicated across Tripoli even before the cushion on Gadaffi's office chair had gone cold. Gadaffi on the other hand, championed black advocacy. However you won't hear that fact mentioned by the OP and those that share that view.

http://stream.aljazeera.com/story/black ... fire-libya

Moreover, what is the solution towards this sort of racism and exploitation? Unless the right wing is advocating asylum for these people, I suggest they are shooting themselves in the foot by offering anything other than silence.

My deviant art profile

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2013, 4:25 pm

"While there is a lower class I am in it.
Where there is a criminal element I am of it.
While there is a soul in prison I am not free."

Eugene V. Debs

Pare away any religion,politics,culture.
You have a human being beating another,goes on worldwide,in America also.
The pain of it all is that someone is willing to inflict that on their brother or sister.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2013, 5:15 pm

thomas81 wrote:
The hypocrisy here is, those that lauded the Libyan NTC have set the stage for this sort of racist violence across Libya. The pro-Idris faction had a track record of anti black violence, that was being replicated across Tripoli even before the cushion on Gadaffi's office chair had gone cold. Gadaffi on the other hand, championed black advocacy. However you won't hear that fact mentioned by the OP and those that share that view.

It's actually taking place in Somalia, not Libya or Sudan (where I thought) - but I can't show the video here.

Is it possible, in your deluded mind, for a person who is right-wing to be genuinely horrified by anything? Or are all right-wingers evil guffawing monsters who would do that to Somali blacks themselves if they had the chance? You really are pathetic if you bring partisan politics into stuff like this.

The video is on YouTube. Muwaadiniin Soomaaliyeed oo ay jirdilayaan Askar Carbeed - I've seen another recent video from Somalia where a teenage girl was stoned to death by Al-Shabab. Horrific.

thomas81
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2013, 6:01 pm

where was your condemnation for racist attacks by members of the NTC against Libyan blacks?

What is your solution for black slaves in Somalia?

My deviant art profile

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2013, 6:05 pm

Tequila wrote:
Arab slave-owners in Sudan whipping their black slaves:

[Mod. edit: video redacted because posting graphic images or videos of people or animals being harmed is prohibited.]

"Abd" refers to black people in contemporary Arabic. It is also the word for slave.

Those people who feel guilty over the U.S. slave trade (and rightly so) should have a look at those who not only still indulge in open slavery in other parts of the world, but are proud of being slavers.

Arabs have been the leading slavers in the modern era.

ruveyn

thomas81
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2013, 8:55 pm

ruveyn wrote:

Arabs have been the leading slavers in the modern era.

ruveyn

Some more than others. Well, as far as Tequila is concerned, the ones which don't specifically appease western interests.

My deviant art profile

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2013, 9:10 pm

thomas81 wrote:
where was your condemnation for racist attacks by members of the NTC against Libyan blacks?

I didn't actually know about it.

Here we go - condemnation:

I think the attacks against Libyan blacks by the NTC is abhorrent and disgusting.

Happy now?

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2013, 9:13 pm

thomas81 wrote:
What is your solution for black slaves in Somalia?

There's very little that we actually can do. We can't (and wouldn't want to) do direct action, so I suppose all that can be done is for awareness to be raised.

Oh, and I'd support the recognition of Somaliland, by the way.

It's mainly useful and worth keeping in mind when certain people go on about the West's involvement in slavery, though.

Telekon
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

24 Feb 2013, 1:24 am

Tequila wrote:
Or are all right-wingers evil guffawing monsters who would do that to Somali blacks themselves if they had the chance?

Loaded question. You're not a right-winger because you're in love with the politically correct status quo. Of all of the countries in the Middle East Israel approximates the status quo and that's why you slavishly defend it.

1000Knives
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2013, 1:33 am

thomas81 wrote:
I call crocodile tears. The hypocrisy here is, those that lauded the Libyan NTC have set the stage for this sort of racist violence across Libya. The pro-Idris faction had a track record of anti black violence, that was being replicated across Tripoli even before the cushion on Gadaffi's office chair had gone cold. Gadaffi on the other hand, championed black advocacy. However you won't hear that fact mentioned by the OP and those that share that view.

http://stream.aljazeera.com/story/black ... fire-libya

Moreover, what is the solution towards this sort of racism and exploitation? Unless the right wing is advocating asylum for these people, I suggest they are shooting themselves in the foot by offering anything other than silence.

Actually do agree that Gadaffi wasn't so bad.